Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: hyzhenhok on May 21, 2013, 02:59:44 AM
I spent ages figuring out the incantations for the starting spells on my first magicker by trial and error, not realizing they are included in your character approval email.

I didn't realize that either, until just now.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!

Quote from: chrisdcoulombe on May 21, 2013, 02:25:42 PM
Quote from: hyzhenhok on May 21, 2013, 02:59:44 AM
I spent ages figuring out the incantations for the starting spells on my first magicker by trial and error, not realizing they are included in your character approval email.

I didn't realize that either, until just now.

Before character approval emails, you did have to figure them out by yourself.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Sometimes I wanna *edited* some of these *edited* cause they fucking *edited* and have no idea what *edited* is. I mean, really??

Also, sometimes I post shit with an alt account when I think I'm on my main. Stupidass.
* ShaLeah facepalms.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Having probably the shortest lived character ever (without suicidal intent).

DAMMIT! I lose the shame-fest
Respect. Responsibility. Compassion.

First time trying to use a mount - I received the message, "It refuses to move!"

For some reason, I thought 'kick <mount>' would make total sense.

My PC very quickly went from humble Master to tasty Snack D:

First Assassin ever - Still didn't really know how to play. A really nice player realized this and attempted to make me a master assassin.

A shame I killed myself on burn blood, trying to poison my blade for the first time, while him and I both ran around like chickens with our head's cut off, lmfao.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I'll make alts and all that crap, change where I'm from and what I do IRL, but I know people will recognize me instantly anyway, because I play with psychics.

Quote from: The Silence of the Erdlus on May 23, 2013, 06:45:54 PM
I'll make alts and all that crap, change where I'm from and what I do IRL, but I know people will recognize me instantly anyway, because I play with psychics.

Benders, babe, benders.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on May 23, 2013, 02:47:18 AM
First time trying to use a mount - I received the message, "It refuses to move!"

For some reason, I thought 'kick <mount>' would make total sense.

My PC very quickly went from humble Master to tasty Snack D:

First Assassin ever - Still didn't really know how to play. A really nice player realized this and attempted to make me a master assassin.

A shame I killed myself on burn blood, trying to poison my blade for the first time, while him and I both ran around like chickens with our head's cut off, lmfao.

I told a someone that I think was newer at the time (not realizing this before hand) that sometimes a beast just needs a little kick sometimes, meaning they should just role-play kicking it.  They they then proceeded to 'kick <mount>' too.  Luckily no one died and the mount was saved.  I felt like a clod.
"It's too hot in the hottub!"

-James Brown

https://youtu.be/ZCOSPtyZAPA

It took me at least 2 years to stop thinking of scrabs as an std.

Still do, in a way.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on May 24, 2013, 12:48:28 AM

Still do, in a way.

I used to think of them as scarab beetles, until I found out that weren't.
Quote from: Wug on August 28, 2013, 05:59:06 AM
Vennant doesn't appear to age because he serves drinks at the speed of light. Now you know why there's no delay on the buy code in the Gaj.

Quote from: BleakOne on May 24, 2013, 03:34:34 AM

Still do, in a way.

I did, found out they weren't... And still have trouble remembering they aren't. Also, I may or may not have accidentally, RL, called a scarab a scrab once. Or twice. But.. probably not thrice.
Quote from: jhunterI'm gonna show up at your home and violate you with a weedeater.  :twisted:

Quote from: InsertCleverNameHere on May 24, 2013, 04:01:13 AM
Quote from: BleakOne on May 24, 2013, 03:34:34 AM

Still do, in a way.

I did, found out they weren't... And still have trouble remembering they aren't. Also, I may or may not have accidentally, RL, called a scarab a scrab once. Or twice. But.. probably not thrice.

I have, several times, told friends not to sleep with a girl because she'll give them scrabs. Everyone laughs, but only my RL friend that plays arm gets the joke.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

May 24, 2013, 09:53:54 AM #1012 Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:11:50 AM by Desertman
Urinated on someone once, after pulling their pants off while they were unconcious.

Completely not a sexual thing. But, I admit to my eternal shame that all of my emotes were meant to make them truly wonder "Where is this headed?".

"Someone slowly undoes your belt."

"Someone pulls your pants down and then off."

"Someone starts undoing his belt."

Etc...etc...

In reality I was a raider at the time, chased them down and knocked them out after giving them the opportunity to peacefully give me their pack and they chose to flee instead. Which is fine, but, expect consequences.  ;)

The best part was they made it to within two squares of the city gates and complete safety before they ran out of stamina and I knocked them out.

I just know that poor guy had to be thinking, "Oh no, I'm going to get bum-raped two leagues from the city gates, and all I wanted to do was get some salt."
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

I was on my second character and first time in a clan, It was Salarr and it had taken a painstaking ig year to reach that point to move up to hunter from recruit. I started in the north and was moved south within the first week or so of joining. I hated the south at the time. Was oocly afraid of going into the city (after my first character was chased through the bazaar by some fella threatening to kill him if he did not go out the gates to mine sid with him.) And hunting alone was forbidden. There were very few people in the clan logging on when I was playing and it felt remote.

But there was one the Zev the breed, I believe, who had helped me stick it out.

On the day of our test to make hunter my pc was splendid. We rode out on our new War beetles, (never had one before and was oocly thrilled and feeling oh so cool.) in a small group, a couple of other recruits along with some cadet-hunters and the sergeant.

I answered the questions asked correctly, rped very well, and codedly achieved all tasks set to my pc to show they had the skill required.

The it all turned ugly.

Far to the east: A scrab

The sergeant calls for the recruits to dismount and ready their arrows. My pc does so.

They call to take aim..

shoot beetle far (recalling something about distance in the doc for archery)

You take aim

You shoot an generic arrow at a war beetle.

your arrow misses the war beetle

The war beetle bite you doing stupefying damage

the recruits scatter after a moment of shock. The cadet hunters scatter if I recall. The sergeant yells 'Run, recruit!'

The war beetle bites you doing vulgar damage
you reel
your vision goes black
thank you for playing arageddon
flee
flee
flee self
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Since extended subguilds were added, I literally can't motivate myself to play combat characters with a mundane subguild.

Quote from: Lutagar on May 30, 2013, 10:27:14 AM
Since extended subguilds were added, I literally can't motivate myself to play combat characters with a mundane subguild.

And thus the ONLY reason I really want karma. I spec apped a gicker for the purposes of MAYBE earning some, have yet to hear back on it. It's not that I really want to play gickers, mindbenders or sorcerors, or freaking muls, it's that I want to play a half-giant ranger/slipknife.
Quote from: Nyr
Dead elves can ride wheeled ladders just fine.
Quote from: bcw81
"You can never have your mountainhome because you can't grow a beard."
~Tektolnes to Thrain Ironsword

May 30, 2013, 10:53:41 AM #1016 Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 11:28:43 AM by bcw81
Quote from: Fujikoma on May 30, 2013, 10:34:12 AM
Quote from: Lutagar on May 30, 2013, 10:27:14 AM

And thus the ONLY reason I really want karma. I spec apped a gicker for the purposes of MAYBE earning some, have yet to hear back on it. It's not that I really want to play gickers, mindbenders or sorcerors, or freaking muls, it's that I want to play a half-giant ranger/slipknife.
Be patient and chant goosfwaba.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: Potaje on May 24, 2013, 10:12:06 AM
I was on my second character and first time in a clan, It was Salarr and it had taken a painstaking ig year to reach that point to move up to hunter from recruit. I started in the north and was moved south within the first week or so of joining. I hated the south at the time. Was oocly afraid of going into the city (after my first character was chased through the bazaar by some fella threatening to kill him if he did not go out the gates to mine sid with him.) And hunting alone was forbidden. There were very few people in the clan logging on when I was playing and it felt remote.

But there was one the Zev the breed, I believe, who had helped me stick it out.

On the day of our test to make hunter my pc was splendid. We rode out on our new War beetles, (never had one before and was oocly thrilled and feeling oh so cool.) in a small group, a couple of other recruits along with some cadet-hunters and the sergeant.

I answered the questions asked correctly, rped very well, and codedly achieved all tasks set to my pc to show they had the skill required.

The it all turned ugly.

Far to the east: A scrab

The sergeant calls for the recruits to dismount and ready their arrows. My pc does so.

They call to take aim..

shoot beetle far (recalling something about distance in the doc for archery)

You take aim

You shoot an generic arrow at a war beetle.

your arrow misses the war beetle

The war beetle bite you doing stupefying damage

the recruits scatter after a moment of shock. The cadet hunters scatter if I recall. The sergeant yells 'Run, recruit!'

The war beetle bites you doing vulgar damage
you reel
your vision goes black
flee
flee
flee self

Thats pretty hilarious

I was on my second character and first time in a clan...

...your vision goes black
flee
flee
flee self

There have been many great contributions to this thread, but I think Potaje just won it.
"I have seen him show most of the attributes one expects of a noble: courtesy, kindness, and honor.  I would also say he is one of the most bloodthirsty bastards I have ever met."

Quote from: Morrolan on May 30, 2013, 12:04:10 PM
I was on my second character and first time in a clan...

...your vision goes black
flee
flee
flee self

There have been many great contributions to this thread, but I think Potaje just won it.

Potaje wins everything from those .gif's he uses as his avatar. This last one is amazing.

He always wins the GDB.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

I lost my dignity to the twitchy, slack jawed man.

#BaneofMyExistance

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on May 30, 2013, 12:57:58 PM
I lost my dignity to the twitchy, slack jawed man.

#BaneofMyExistance

If he keeps kicking your ass for no reason, you're doing something terribly wrong.

I wish more people knew this.

RIP all the newbies sapped and backstabbed by 'rinth NPCs

I'm trying to find a contractor to replace me this weekend, ostensibly because I hurt my back eight months ago, and I'd like to relax and have a month off of work, but ultimately, it's because I want to play Arm this weekend.

Oh, man.