Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Ok, here r my private shames. 1) I once had a rinther whn I was a noob, twink fleed a mugging with no emotes,thn ran out of stamina and proceeded to sleep in meleths circle, afraid of losing wht little coins I had, I woke him EVERY tick to thwart thieves. Ghis is reflected in my account notes :( 2) dont remember what I did but it was horrible twinkery in a temple (maybe snuck into a gicker only area) a staff membee animated th npcs n rocked my world badly , comming fdm hack n slash muds I was convinced this was favoritism n complained, losing my 5irst precious 2 karma and a temo ban. Iv since nvr gotten past 2 karma but staff are mercifuly forgiving,(tht was years ago id like to think ive improved immensely) aaand 3) I had a horrible habit of aeguing with staff despite not having a clue wht I was talking about... 4) I ince added ebonics to a rinthi character, pretty sure thts in my notds too... Fml...

All of this was aprox ten years or more ago, I am also guilty of finding myself obsesed with not being "advanced" at anything... Anything b4 tht is fine but oncd it hits advanced I go crazy if I cant master it... Im workin on tht one :/

I think I'm tied with Ender but I'm not sure. I've been playing for... almost 11 years?

... holy cripes. :o

Quote from: Kebron on August 03, 2012, 02:46:31 PMcomming fdm hack n slash muds I was convinced this was favoritism n complained, losing my 5irst precious 2 karma and a temo ban.

How did you get 2 karma and not realize this isn't a hack & slash mud?

I'm feeling more and more shameful with my PC count.

Damn all your Deliruims, X-D's, and Hot Dancer's! ;)
"I stalk the shadows, I am the one who wears that friendly face. Behind your every move, there is nothing you can do. Pride yourself in the fact that you do not already rot and bake. Be prepared, I am always watching." - Allanaki Assassin

Quote from: HammerofJericho on August 03, 2012, 03:26:07 PM
I'm feeling more and more shameful with my PC count.

Damn all your Deliruims, X-D's, and Hot Dancer's! ;)

I had 150 in half of your time, if that's any consolation.

Quote from: spicemustflow on August 03, 2012, 03:01:04 PM
Quote from: Kebron on August 03, 2012, 02:46:31 PMcomming fdm hack n slash muds I was convinced this was favoritism n complained, losing my 5irst precious 2 karma and a temo ban.

I played sw muds, they wefe heavy emote/think but skill grinding encouraged. As long as u could codedly do it and emote it you got away with it. No conceen of vnpcs or reality. So good emotes plus longevity, minus rational thought. It didnt help my early interactions involved raidees atacking with no warning so I thought it was okay, not n excuse, it was aweful, in refrospect I laugh though. Sry 4 typos, droid phone

Quote from: Kebron on August 03, 2012, 03:34:13 PM
Quote from: spicemustflow on August 03, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

I played sw muds, they wefe heavy emote/think but skill grinding encouraged. As long as u could codedly do it and emote it you got away with it. No conceen of vnpcs or reality. So good emotes plus longevity, minus rational thought. It didnt help my early interactions involved raidees atacking with no warning so I thought it was okay, not n excuse, it was aweful, in refrospect I laugh though. Sry 4 typos, droid phone

I think the question wasn't regarding "How did you get 2 karma if you've never played an RPI". It was more "You had 2 karma, and still thought of this as a hack and slash, no thoughts required MUD?"

I'm mostly interested, because 9 years of playing, and I have 2 karma, and I'm PRETTY good about these things.

August 04, 2012, 03:52:32 AM #907 Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 04:04:46 AM by Kebron
*shrug* I was a low teenager with good emotes but no common sense, about sums it up. Good longevity to start with then after I got the karma started messing up. You're talking 10-14 years ago aproximately? mmm maybe more? I'm not positive I'm about to be 27 and I was 12-16 then at best.
But if you've been playing 9 years and only have 2 karma maybe you should request your account notes and find out why? Could be you slipped through the cracks, or could be theres a specific reason behind it.

But again, *shame * thread, do a steller performance and get rewarded for it only to turn around and mess it up royaly because you're a poop headed teenie bopper... Hence the shame :)
ie: were it not for those mess ups and my extended absence I might be playing a mul or something instead of mundanes :(  (never played a successful magicker, breaks my heart... also shame)

I started playing in 2002. I have never branched a skill.

---

I once spontaneously gained a psionic talent. To this day I don't know if it was because of a PC, Imm plot, Imm feeling bored, something everyone has a random chance of doing or maybe even me just branching it and you fuckers never told me you can branch psionic abilities.

Anyway my character freaked out. Ran to a GMH and confessed this new ability. Got sent to Red Storm and was abandoned there for 2-3 real life months. I roleplayed exploring psionic abilities, Imm were nice enough to inhabit NPCs briefly for me. But eventually I got bored. I decided fuck it, they've forgotten about me. I'm leaving Red Storm. There was a sandstorm, I didn't care. I figured I'd be able to push my way through it (this was before direction sense appeared as a skill on your skill list). I drowned in the Silt Sea.

Quote from: John on August 07, 2012, 06:47:15 AM
I once spontaneously gained a psionic talent. To this day I don't know if it was because of a PC, Imm plot, Imm feeling bored, something everyone has a random chance of doing or maybe even me just branching it and you fuckers never told me you can branch psionic abilities.

Had that happen to me too! I was FREAKED! I figured it was a bug so I reported it and it was removed. Never came back on the skills list.

Lol, once, twice, ten years a noob

Quote from: Tenua on August 07, 2012, 12:46:24 PM
Quote from: John on August 07, 2012, 06:47:15 AM

Had that happen to me too! I was FREAKED! I figured it was a bug so I reported it and it was removed. Never came back on the skills list.

Wild talents.
Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

My butt eats threads sometimes.

Sorry. :(

Carry on.
Nyr: lifesaver hishn to the rishncue

Lol! It was an accident?

I wanted to say....that isn't there a Psi ability that everyone has the potential to branch? I think...It just takes some doing.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I dunno. Find out IC.

Quote from: Maso on August 08, 2012, 06:32:07 PM
Lol! It was an accident?

I wanted to say....that isn't there a Psi ability that everyone has the potential to branch? I think...It just takes some doing.

Yeah, the first time I branched the vulcan mind meld I thought the staff had made a mistake, turns out my character wasn't an elf, the point ears were vulcan!
Quote from: boog
I'm still trying to figure out how all that led to Symphony, naked, squatting in a towel on a busy highway to talk to a therapist

Quote from: Hishn on August 08, 2012, 06:53:26 PM
I dunno. Find out IC.

Doh. The line is so hard to see sometimes!

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I dunno. Find out IC.

Hish, don't make me go all Nyr on you. ;D

Quote from: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,27455.0.htmlIC, the expel ability should considered as common as contact and barrier. It's a basic component of the Way and has naturally developed and evolved. It isn't some grand new phenomenon that has suddenly expanded the mental abilities of the general populace. It's always been this way. I also think it's safe to say that, in general, it would be considered rude to get thrown out of someone else's mind, as it is a particularly aggressive and unpleasant experience. However, I will leave that up to you folks to decide how your character feels about being shoved out.

Expel help is busted on the website, though (and it's linked from barrier).
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Don't go ruinin' my fun, Britta-filter. You don't know she was talkin' about expel. So neener-neener.

Find out IC brought to you by James Earl Jones.

August 09, 2012, 08:47:32 AM #919 Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 08:49:27 AM by John
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 08, 2012, 11:52:24 PM
I dunno. Find out IC.

Quote from: http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,27455.0.htmlIC, the expel ability should considered as common as contact and barrier. It's a basic component of the Way and has naturally developed and evolved. It isn't some grand new phenomenon that has suddenly expanded the mental abilities of the general populace. It's always been this way. I also think it's safe to say that, in general, it would be considered rude to get thrown out of someone else's mind, as it is a particularly aggressive and unpleasant experience. However, I will leave that up to you folks to decide how your character feels about being shoved out.

You bastards! Why didn't anyone ever tell me.

I had my character go into hiding because of this psionic ability. And everyone I told about at the time (there were a total of 2 people) didn't feel like informing me that this was a completely standard ability and to not get so freaked out. They didn't feel like telling me I don't have to go to Red Storm in hiding because I wasn't secretly a mindbender.

No. I was in Red Storm for 2 RL months before I killed myself. All because I missed the announcement by Tiernan.

AAARGH!

I've felt so guilty for squandering that plot and simply going into hiding before dying instead of discovering new psionic abilities I might have.

On the upside this means I have branched a skill. I just never knew it :P

Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 08, 2012, 11:52:24 PM
I dunno. Find out IC.

Fixed Expel.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Hishn on August 09, 2012, 01:40:44 AM
Don't go ruinin' my fun, Britta-filter. You don't know she was talkin' about expel. So neener-neener.

Exactly, it could have been the one that its been fifteen years or so since everyone could secretly use.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote from: Hishn on August 09, 2012, 01:40:44 AM

I was totally talking about expel. So there!

One time, a warrior PC, who was always heavily armored (the least I could be fuckered to do was take off his helmet now and then) was returning from a dangerous hunt, and I noticed his heavy ass breastplate was gone.  I could've swore I had it on, and the only thing I could think was that someone had stolen it off his back while he was wearing it!

Needless to say, when he went to his apartment a few days later, it was on the bed.   ::)

I did something similar, Kismetic. I noticed my guy wasn't wearing shoes. Of course, I then promptly proceeded to emote about my heavily-armored warrior not wearing shoes, wiggling his toes and bumping them against the bar and avoiding spills 'cuz he didn't want sticky feet.