Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: Samoa on June 11, 2012, 05:12:06 AM
I have heard 'drowning in silt' plenty of times.

You can totally drown in the Byn lavs.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on June 13, 2012, 09:09:46 AM
Quote from: Samoa on June 11, 2012, 05:12:06 AM
I have heard 'drowning in silt' plenty of times.

You can totally drown in the Byn lavs.

Ever since the gith times, I've wanted to try, but I don't use disposable PC's.

I forget the context, but a few years ago I told someone: "There ain't no party like a Tuluki tea party. Hey! Ho!" :-[ <--- Shame

I regularly miss things in crowded rooms, and have on many occasions, asked someone to sit who is already seated, much to everyone's confusion...
I have learned that one can, in fact, typo to death.

Quote from: KismeticTuluk is not Inception, the text experience.

I once gave a speech without noticing that two thirds of my audience was asleep. And because one third wasn't, I couldn't just play it off.

Quote from: BadSkeelz on June 16, 2012, 08:12:10 PM
I once gave a speech without noticing that two thirds of my audience was asleep. And because one third wasn't, I couldn't just play it off.

lol, that is epic

I haven't logged in in the past week.

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

Quote from: bcw81 on June 17, 2012, 03:28:06 AM
I haven't logged in in the past week.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

June 24, 2012, 05:40:38 AM #833 Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:44:56 AM by Dakota
leading a group as a mundane hunting a sorc. The group contained a Templar, A preserver, a HG and a few others. My clanmate incapacitates the sorc w. a backstab after we chased his ass down.

The shame is this... Rather than do a scene w. this sorc who was near-death death and KO'd.. Even a series of interaction with emotes while he was incapacitated.. With easily over 20+ karma in total in the room.. This group (me included!) just ganked him with nary an emote after he was dropped.

But I always felt sorry for that sorc's PC who was emoting when me and the other Salarri were chasing him down in those tunnels.

Czar of City Elves.

I've retired soooooooo many guys.

Whenever I ride along in a group, doing something awesome IG, I use 'change mood' to play a Zalanthaized version of some kind of song that's easy to sing along to. Or not. They all sound horrible. Every time I have a break, I 'change mood <line>'

SPLIT YOUR LUNGS WITH SALT AND SPICE
WHEN YOU SEE THE SAND GITH
BREAK THEIR BONES AND SLIT THEIR THROATS, MEN
IF YOU SEEK TO PREVAIL
THIS 'SIDIAN BLADE IS WHAT PROPELS ME
WEAPONS RAISED WITH A CRY
AIM STRAIGHT FOR HIS SMELLY BROW
BUT STAB HIM STRAIGHT THROUGH THE EYE
WIELD.
SWORD.
KILL.
GITH.

As an example. I'm so sorry, everyone.

Quote from: jstorrie on June 24, 2012, 07:22:21 AM

+1

My shame from those comes from the fact that most of those PCs still had stories to tell but I gave up on them.

ShaLeah
- who is NO good at commitment
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

Being not in the mood to play Arm.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 24, 2012, 09:05:38 AM
My shame from those comes from the fact that most of those PCs still had stories to tell but I gave up on them.

Same here.  Boredom strikes fast.
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Me too. Wish I could bring some of them back.

Quote from: Barsook on June 24, 2012, 09:07:55 AM
Being not in the mood to play Arm.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 24, 2012, 09:05:38 AM

Same here.  Boredom strikes fast.

I'm ashamed to say I NEVER get bored, ever. Even when I am tavern sitting for HOURS on end and there is no one around at all.

I never retire PCs out of boredom.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

I blew up a long lived and locally 'famous' character by opening the wrong container.

I was stupid and had multiple containers with the same keywords.

Quote from: ShaLeah on June 24, 2012, 09:37:01 AM
I'm ashamed to say I NEVER get bored, ever. Even when I am tavern sitting for HOURS on end and there is no one around at all.

What do you do? You can't be thinking and feeling all that time, can you?

Quote from: spicemustflow on June 24, 2012, 05:34:42 PM

I'm not ashamed of not being bored... I _love_ being a tavern fixture... but I do feel bad that I'm not contributing to the enjoyment of others when I see a person or two at the bar and I've over at a table, my state of mind firmly rooted in happy-lazy time.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Want some real advice?  Impossible to be bored and high.  :P

Quote from: spicemustflow on June 24, 2012, 05:34:42 PM

Think, eat, drink, contact, feel, l <direction>, craft, walk, shop, go afk to do lots of RL shit. :)

Quote from: marko on June 24, 2012, 01:49:24 PM
I blew up a long lived and locally 'famous' character by opening the wrong container.

And all this time the Plainsman got the blame.

Quote from: EldritchOrigins on June 25, 2012, 01:47:55 AM
Quote from: marko on June 24, 2012, 01:49:24 PM

And all this time the Plainsman got the blame.

If memory serves me right, word about the container incident got out pretty fast.

Shame: Long long ago I attacked a particularly nasty (now gone) creature in the eastern grasslands out of OOC curiosity, ignoring any and all IC precautions I should have taken. My PC didn't deserve to survive, but he did. Never landed a single blow on the creature though.

I'm playing a gemmed Ruk and I found a bag of spice stashed, just off the outer circle of Allanak.  My character, two vivs an elkros and another guy are all camped on the edge of the salt flats doing spice and drinking.  It is before dawn and we are attacked by an elf or elves from distance with arrows.  We lose one person in the attack and that character was named after a real life apple.    I couldn't help, but say "They shot her, they shot her right through the core."

We would have saved her, but the gate guards didn't let the other guy drag her through the gates, obvious magicker racism.  That is when she was shot her through the core.
Quote from MeTekillot
Samos the salter never goes to jail! Hahaha!