Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

By the time I remember to do one, all my shit is out of order.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

6 years of play, 14 pcs.

I need to play more dangerously.

Play how you want to.

Some people like magically aware death ninjas, some people like back room dealers..

Quote from: ShaLeah on March 26, 2012, 09:24:22 PM
I never do biographies.

I used to do a LOT of them. This character, I haven't been as inspired for Bios, I've been too busy with other stuff.

Quote from: Adj on March 30, 2012, 11:21:29 PM
Quote from: Hot_Dancer on March 26, 2012, 09:48:06 PM
By the time I remember to do one, all my shit is out of order.

I just copy and paste my character reports. Or will.

I've been tempted to do this... >.>;;
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

Quote from: Taven on April 02, 2012, 07:36:49 AM

I try to file a character report at least every couple weeks.  Before I file a report, I try to get my bio entries up to date.  I copy and paste the new bios at the end of the report.

Don't know if that's better for staff than just looking them up, but they haven't complained yet. ;)
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: brytta.leofa on April 02, 2012, 09:38:15 AM
Quote from: Taven on April 02, 2012, 07:36:49 AM

I try to file a character report at least every couple weeks.  Before I file a report, I try to get my bio entries up to date.  I copy and paste the new bios at the end of the report.

Don't know if that's better for staff than just looking them up, but they haven't complained yet. ;)

Man, you must have short bios. When I write a bio (when I used to...) it would take several bio slots. IE, "part 1", "part 2", and so on. I think my largest had 4 parts.

Someday, when they are old enough, I will submit a few to Org. Sub.

Quote from: Taven on April 02, 2012, 10:40:04 AM
Man, you must have short bios. When I write a bio (when I used to...) it would take several bio slots. IE, "part 1", "part 2", and so on. I think my largest had 4 parts.

Ah, true. Mine are like 1-3 'graphs.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

I just paste an awesome scene in my bio, with thoughts and feelings included. Sums it up mostly.
Sometimes, severity is the price we pay for greatness

Quote from: Iiyola on April 03, 2012, 01:52:41 AM
I just paste an awesome scene in my bio, with thoughts and feelings included. Sums it up mostly.

I should do that more...I log like a psychopath..or at least add snippets of logs into bios
The sound of a thunderous explosion tears through the air and blasts waves of pressure ripple through the ground.

Looking northward, the rugged, stubble-bearded templar asks you, in sirihish:
     "Well... I think it worked...?"

Quote from: Bast on April 03, 2012, 02:10:59 AM

I should do that more...I log like a psychopath..or at least add snippets of logs into bios
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Bast on April 03, 2012, 02:10:59 AM

When I used to obsessively compulsively bio, I would have long paragraphs describing everything in detail, and then supporting log snippets. Someday, I really will post those up for y'all to see. I predict you'll get tired of them half-way through, if you get that far. I ramble a lot, I think.

I have a habit of logging everything. This works well, except for when my logs get lost or my logging malfunctions. I lost nearly all of February and the latter half of January, for example.  :-\

This character alone, I have over 200 RL hours played, yet it's only been just an IC year since he's been alive.

Dear god, where has the time gone?

April 30, 2012, 09:12:43 AM #788 Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 09:15:51 AM by Karieith
I hate when I make a grammatical error while talking in game. I'm usually pretty solid on the grammar but if I'm in a hurry (or sleepy) I'll make mistakes and it's terrible. That is my shame right now, making errors between they're/there/their, your/you're, to/two/too. I get the most ashamed though when I do the no/know mistake, that's just terrible.

Quote from: Karieith on April 30, 2012, 09:12:43 AM
I hate when I make a grammatical error while talking in game. I'm usually pretty solid on the grammar but if I'm in a hurry (or sleepy) I'll make mistakes and it's terrible. That is my shame right now, making errors between they're/there/their, your/you're, to/two/too. I get the most ashamed though when I do the no/know mistake, that's just terrible.

This, or a few times where I've made mention to common sayings IRL that hold no reference to the games setting which leaves me feeling like a Tard.  Tends to happen most when I'm busy and playing from work.

I like writing character reports, because it helps me arrange the things happening in my own character's life in something more cohesive and structured.

Then again, every so often I read my own chara reports at some year old character and I wonder how do Imms even understand wtf am I talking about. It's riddled with grammatical errors, skipped words,  and missed sentences.

I actually had a character report which I clearly wrote while actively playing, it had a sentence my character said in the game. So I just typed in whatever was on my mind. Totally unrelated to the actual report. Lots of facepalm moments.

Quote from: Akaramu on May 06, 2012, 03:05:46 AM
Also: How shameful is it to avoid a clan because of the IC boss you'd have? OOCly not wanting to get involved with them?

I've stored because of bosses.
I'm taking an indeterminate break from Armageddon for the foreseeable future and thereby am not available for mudsex.
In law a man is guilty when he violates the rights of others. In ethics he is guilty if he only thinks of doing so.

May 06, 2012, 09:24:29 AM #792 Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 09:38:40 AM by A Large Bag
I never have. I did push to have one killed that my pc didn't like once though. Pretty much all the underlings agreed to take them out first chance anyone got.

My shame part: I thought they did a really good job but didn't enjoy playing as their minion because my pc didn't enjoy it. I felt bad OOC when they were killed by one of us underlings. They probably never saw it coming.

I'm sometime ashamed by it but then I realize that I'm often carrying 2-3 conversations at the same time at a pretty rapid pace AND they usually all make sense (at least to me.)
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: Malken on May 06, 2012, 01:55:02 PM

I'm sometime ashamed by it but then I realize that I'm often carrying 2-3 conversations at the same time at a pretty rapid pace AND they usually all make sense (at least to me.)

I swear on this recent role I'm playing I seem to make ALOT more errors. And I don't know why! it drives me crazy.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

I stored a dwarf with exceptional strength and endurance, who was also more than good in the other two stats, and who also had a fun focus. Just because I felt like playing another character which I wasn't able to get into.

I once walked into a gith hole in the tablelands, with someone else in tow.

... On purpose.

... We died.

Ego ftl.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

tried to assassinate someone. Didn't know nosave combat was on.
Quote from: Cutthroat on August 22, 2009, 10:57:13 PMSo Eunoli Winrothol, Samos Rennik, and Thrain Ironsword walk into a bar. The Red Fang bartender looks up and says, "Get the fuck out of my bar."

I hate when I do something that's influenced by RL common sense or preferences and then am ridiculed by other PCs IG. The most recent incident is too recent, but on a different game, it was cold and there wasn't a bathhouse, so my character using my stupid "common sense" didn't bathe after getting blood all over her from WATCHING someone else kill something. (The blood code was ridiculous.)

So she was just chillin' in a tavern (it always happens in a tavern V_V;) and someone was like,
"UGH you stink. Why don't you bathe?"
"Huh?" <--me not even realizing.
"You're covered in blood!"
-checks desc. Instantly ashamed. Makes something up on the spot- "Duh. It's cold outside. What, should I go freeze in the lake, get sick and die?"
"...Bathing in cold water doesn't make you sick."

Insert much flailing and rebuttal that didn't help and the whole tavern laughing at me as I storm out.

It actually caused an OOC argument, which I also lost. So shameful! Damn my pride and assumed knowledge!