Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

January 29, 2012, 11:00:22 PM #700 Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 02:23:05 AM by Heade
This happened today [EDIT] So I can't tell you about it.
I used to have a funny signature, but I felt like no one took me seriously, so it's time to put on my serious face.

January 29, 2012, 11:25:46 PM #701 Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 11:39:49 PM by Yam
Hey that didn't happen a year ago or more you should probably edit it out!

What's funny is; whoever finds your corpse will think the gurth killed you :P
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Quote from: Heade on January 29, 2012, 11:00:22 PM
This happened today. lol

Please edit your post, Heade.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on January 29, 2012, 11:36:30 PM
What's funny is; whoever finds your corpse will think the gurth killed you :P

I already got it don't even try.

Quote from: RogueGunslinger on January 30, 2012, 12:21:30 AM
I already got it don't even try.

Blast. Foiled again! >:(
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I missed two chances to give people kudos. I don't remember enough about them anymore to point them out and I wonder how much people like getting kudos.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

Kudos are pretty much better than getting Karma.

I pretty much always forget to send kudos. :(

I've been having a fantastic time whenever I do get to play, though. You all rock.

Years ago I played one of the most silken-clad gemmers Nak has ever seen.  Kaen the Oashi Whiran was awesome and I have so much to brag about with him but his tastes in clothes were gawdy in the extreme.  It got so bad that a very perturbed templar who he often worked with (Kishime I think?) was forced to inspect him.  He got off easy, the templar being more annoyed at a borsail noble pestering him over that crap.  The shame though?  I really did deserve it, when he inspected me me I had my gloves on hiding the 3 ruby rings and other bling.

I think I pissed off so many people and was likely #1 in their thoughts when they ranted on the GDB.  I still think it was perfectly IC for him.  He was vain, extremely wealthy (and no, not from foraging salt), and would regularly bribe his Kadian merchant to give him the time of day.  Ahh, Oash was great to play in back then.  Too bad I got killed by an awesome staff animation just before the Copper War.

...isn't that a brag? Not a lot of people can pull off a silky  fashionista male mage..
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Yeah that's pretty awesome man.
https://armageddon.org/help/view/Inappropriate%20vernacular
gorgio: someone who is not romani, not a gypsy.
kumpania: a family of story tellers.
vardo: a horse-drawn wagon used by British Romani as their home. always well-crafted, often painted and gilded

When sitting in a tavern and people are just idling, the thought crosses my mind to do really random, OOC shit.

pemote Suddenly exploding in a tremendous gout of blood, @ body parts and guts fly all over everyone in the room.

emote begins masturbating vigorously.

emote Startling some nearby patrons, @ suddenly screams at the top of his lungs. His knuckles turn white as his hands grasp the table tightly during his screaming. (Then act like nothing at all happened.)
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

You should go to the Odd Urges thread, Bacon.

Quote from: MeTekillot on February 12, 2012, 04:39:49 PM
You should go to the Odd Urges thread, Bacon.

I thought about that. I also thought they were kind of shameful so I decided on this one.
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon."
~ Doug Larson

"I tried regular hot sauce, but it just wasn't doing the trick, so I started blasting my huevos with BEAR MACE."
~Synthesis

One time I brought the laptop with me to the bathroom so I can play Arm while I do the number 2.

Quote from: Intrepid237 on February 12, 2012, 08:41:24 PM
One time I brought the laptop with me to the bathroom so I can play Arm while I do the number 2.

Man, you gotta do that every time you're in a no-law area (or at night) without the 'hide' skill maxed.  I've lost at least 2 rangers to bahamets because I was like, "fuck it, my hide skill's probably good enough to go drop a deuce real quick."
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

You're a ranger ... Quit.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on February 13, 2012, 01:30:15 AM

You don't log back in hidden.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on February 09, 2012, 09:27:59 PM
...isn't that a brag? Not a lot of people can pull off a silky  fashionista male mage..

Haha, it was awesome as a player.  But there was so much griping about uppity gemmers circa 2006 it's always been a shame of mine that I added to that impression.  Just because a gemmer may look overly comfortable doesn't mean they don't get discriminated and you can always do some discriminating yourself.  For me it was always 'rinthers and nobles that really laid it on thick, and I tried to add some Vnpcs into my emotes to always show my status.  But meh, people see a gemmer sitting in the Barrel with silks on they make up their minds on the spot.

All right, for some shames from my n00b days:

- I played my first character on Arm for about an hour.  I was using emotes instead of says because that's the way it was done on the other RPish mud I played.  Someone told me to use the language code.  I thought that was stupid since I liked to emote with says, not realizing how awesome the emote code actually is here.  Didn't play again for two years.

- My first actively played character was a n00b in Tuluk.  I was all bows to merchant house members and may have even thrown out a M'lady or two.  He died fighting a big, club wielding mob.  I was so confused when he got knocked out but still had half his hp.  That's when I discovered stun.

- Next PC had handsome in his Sdesc.  Got plenty of GDB hate and I could only be like "oops, I'm new".  Followed an elf down the well in the 'rinth to "practice assassin skills".  Amazingly wasn't killed but ended up paying the elf for a pick or some spice.  Became a spy for Oash in the Atrium but was super n00b and quite blatantly sneaked in and out of a noble's party.

- Third one was a dwarf in Kurac.  AI endurance (over 130 hp I think) but poor wisdom.  At day 5 he was still mangling his Sirihish back when dwarves didn't speak it as well right out of the box.  Awesome in an unarmed match though.  Died trying to "save" a linkdead character who was one room away from the red storm gates.  The gate guards weren't impressed...mantis head.

-  By the fourth or fifth I was getting the hang of it.  Had an awesome Haruch Kemad PC in the 'rinth.  To be flashy he wore a certain type of cloak that wasn't the normal 'rinth wear.  I didn't understand it had two versions though.  I lost all his eq after he got killed by a keyword error and someone resurrected him.  So I headed back to re-equip him and get what I thought was 'rinth safe gear.  It wasn't, died less than an hour after getting resurrected.  :-\

Quote from: musashi on February 13, 2012, 01:30:15 AM

If you just killed something, you have to wait for a while before you can quit.  Sometimes you just can't wait that long.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

How quickly a deuce can turn into a peace out

I might've already posted that story, but ... I'm bored.

So I am playing a Red Fang who tends to knock people out and then instead of robbing them clean makes them return back to their home cities and report in on merchant traffic, etc. Now this time, he meets a halfbreed who actually attacks 'him'. Great my RF thinks. So he KOs the halfbreed and drags him on the ledge above the span, then keeps him subdued and waits for him to wake up.

Time passes, the halfbreed wakes up and the RF starts singing his song. All the usual stuff. You live because I let you live, you'll report on the trafic, you get a cut, yada,yada,yada. The halfbreed is in full cooperation mode. He agrees to everything. It is now about time to let him go and go on. But .. nooo ... I decide to be fancy. Instead of going "release halfbreed" I go ... throw halfbreed up.

You shove the halfbreed up

The halfbreed goes up

The halfbreed ... ... ... never comes down.

I couldnt find the halfbreed minds ever since.

There was a 3 room drop on each side of the ledge ... 4 if you count the room I tossed him to ... upwards.

"facepalm" sooo sorry.