Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

during the one HRPT on Tuluk, i ran away from the city and died of dehydration. sort of ironic but not as bad as the templar one X)

i think i've fallen off the Shield Wall once---- was always careful about it after.
Quote from: Qzzrbl
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

All of my PCs fall off everything, none have ever died from it.

One PC fell so many times I requested the climb skill on the grounds that he had climbed out of ten thousand holes in 15 IG years, he should learn something....the request was granted.

That is the shame part, gained a skill because I have butterfingers.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: Saellyn on March 13, 2011, 08:04:23 PM
You just named a more embarassing death - dying after fighting to save a dead templar. Especially if it involves falling off the Shield Wall.

I thought that would be an honorable death. None of them died, though. Just that templar and the soldier she was trying to save. Which made it even more ironic that the shitcloaks did a better job at surviving :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

Fell down a very nasty drop because my grandmother walked into my room and I turned my head to talk to her... thoughtlessly hitting enter on a directional command I really shouldn't have.  Survived the drop (barely).  Died trying to crawl her broken body back to the city. 

Fell down the Shield Wall on a different character, but she survived because she managed to get a grip part way up and had some badass friends come rescue her.

I think falling off the Shield Wall is a time honored Armageddon tradition.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

I've never fallen off of the Shield Wall. And this is having played my share of the Byn, too.  :-[
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Quote from: Zoltan on March 14, 2011, 07:35:50 AM
I've never fallen off of the Shield Wall. And this is having played my share of the Byn, too.  :-[

Ahhh, but the days when the Byn would fall down the gulch every time they passed by... I forget who it was, but it was pretty funny (and probably frustrating for the bynners who were following the sergeant).
"And all around is the desert; a corner of the mournful kingdom of sand."
   - Pierre Loti

I've never fallen off of the Shield Wall. And this is having played my share of the Byn, too.  :-[

You just jinxed yourself. The mantis head awaits.

Quote from: Myhrrn on March 14, 2011, 10:28:07 PM
I've never fallen off of the Shield Wall. And this is having played my share of the Byn, too.  :-[

You just jinxed yourself. The mantis head awaits.

Not really. Changes IG mean it's much less likely for Bynners to fall off the shield wall these days.

I have had ten PC's and not a single one has lived to fifteen days, despite my hardest attempts to keep them alive. (Excluding one or two, who I stored or made commit suicide without a valid IC reason for doing so) and I've never made a PC outside of allanak, because I know that my characters would die even faster in a location that I am not familiar with.

Not really sure if I'm more ashamed of my inability to keep a character alive or my unwillingless to countiune playing a character once I get bored of them.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
    l̡̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

This is years old, 6 probably? I didn't know whether it's a brag or a shame but I always thought it was funny.

I once had a pc that got pretty hated and for a time he called the rinth home. At one point the baddies in the rinth bar decided to have a word with him and a mul npc got particularly touchy with him. I incapacitated the mul which brought on the wrath of all the npc's present and there were quite a few. While handling business the pc's decided they wanted a piece to and drew some weapons. I slayed everyone. Realizing the amount of mayhem he had started he fled to the alleys and was pursued by 'a mob of angry rinthers'. I had got a look at them as they pursued and saw what they were wearing. I waited alongside my favorite muggers for a fresh meal. We slaughtered the mob of rich folks. I imagine staff was saddened by the complete defeat of their baddies and summoned one final npc. He knocked me out in a single round but was incapacitated himself. I woke up first and it didn't go well for the baddy.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: NOFUN on March 17, 2011, 07:57:52 AM
I have had ten PC's and not a single one has lived to fifteen days

I've never made a PC outside of allanak

you must play the way i do, apparently.

if you're a soloer, there's niches that will keep you alive for a pretty long time as long as you follow several rules of learned-through-several-deaths common sense that are not to be listed for legal reasons, and then there are niches that... will slaughter you and make you feel like a total wuss with the wrong guilds and races.

i'm sure everyone knows this, but for the majority of roles, its a bit easier to survive north of the shield wall.

ALL of my characters who have lived longer than two weeks lived above the shield wall.

and no one cares if you store out of boredom--- at least, i'm assuming no one cares, and is relieved you didn't just suicide on them.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

April 17, 2011, 05:04:03 AM #636 Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 07:26:34 AM by SMuz
Quote from: bio from first characterOn his arrival at Tuluk, he was quite nervous to find that the sword he was using could well be a militia sword. Not willing to part with a good weapon, he keeps it tucked within his pack within the city gates.

Quote from: account notes- Carrying around and using a Legions sword, despite being warned ICly about consequences that could come of it.

I don't know what inspired me to the epic stupidity of running around with that sword. He eventually got killed by a certain cute looking creature with sharp teeth while walking north of the region by foot and ended up too exhausted to flee, Tuluk soldiers didn't even touch him.

I guess the sword must've been pretty good for a 0 day ranger to kill two gortoks at once. I think I got it off the Salarr weaponseller in Allanak. Which was quite funny, as people were just telling him that it's a bad sword because it was Tuluki, but nobody mentioned that it was a militia sword, and I only found out when I saw that it was standard issue for the Tuluk soldiers.

Also had another pickpocket elf character later on who nicked a Legion sword from their belts and tried to sell it off. She was later criminalized. She even managed to disarm a few soldiers, pick up their sword, and sliced a human soldier to unconsciousness. Then she ran off somewhere and got grabbed by a half giant. I think she survived that encounter. She tried to nick another sword after she got out of jail. I had turned off nosave arrest, and managed to dodge a few half giants. Eventually she passed out because she was practicing barrier in jail and I didn't know the command to turn off barrier.

It took me a few dead pickpockets to realize that they don't have to break free from guards to be skilled.

And I discovered that my first dwarf had about 5 subfocuses. No wonder I got tired of him and stored :P
Quote from: Rahnevyn on March 09, 2009, 03:39:45 PM
Clans can give stat bonuses and penalties, too. The Byn drop in wisdom is particularly notorious.

I had to learn about militia swords the hard way, too. It was just lying there, someone had died defending the gates.

I totally fell victim to a lame death I'd fallen victim to before and knew how to avoid... to consequences for myself and others. DAMN

I think a huge benefit of taking a break once in a while is that your patience goes up and you make less mistakes because you were bored.
THAT MAN IS DEHYDRATING!

QUICK! GIMME A BANDAGE!!

Not really sure if I'm more ashamed of my inability to keep a character alive or my unwillingless to countiune playing a character once I get bored of them.

Yeah, me too.

Say (Whipping her hair back and forth) Am I kawaii uguu~?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌
ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ:・゚ KAWAII WAVE!!:,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤KEEP THE KAWAII GOING ¸,,ø¤º°¨ ¨°º¤øº LETS GO KAWAII !¤¤º°¨¨°º¤øº¤ø,,¸¸ø¤º°¨,, ø¤º°¨¨°º

Quote from: NOFUN on April 17, 2011, 05:07:08 PM
Say (Whipping her hair back and forth) Am I kawaii uguu~?

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

extracted from http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=354
The tan, blonde man suddenly pulls out a crossbow.

The tan, blonde man exclaims, in sirihish:
     "This is a holdup!"

"Hands in the air, packs on the ground!"

One of my first PCs. I was about 13-14

The more times I read that log... the funnier it gets.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

Quote from: Trance on April 17, 2011, 09:08:04 PM
extracted from http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=354

"This is a holdup!"

That entire log, except for the tan, blonde man, is a shame.

Kudos to you, mate.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I have had ten PC's and not a single one has lived to fifteen days, despite my hardest attempts to keep them alive. (Excluding one or two, who I stored or made commit suicide without a valid IC reason for doing so) and I've never made a PC outside of allanak, because I know that my characters would die even faster in a location that I am not familiar with.

After receiving my account notes for the first time I now realise that none of my characters have lived to five days. ;_;
..Maybe my current character will be the one who lives for two years?
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌

Maybe they will.  :)
Fredd-
i love being a nobles health points

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on April 17, 2011, 09:19:45 PM
Quote from: Trance on April 17, 2011, 09:08:04 PM

"This is a holdup!"

That entire log, except for the tan, blonde man, is a shame.

Kudos to you, mate.

Yeah, I'll play out a robbery scene with you any time.
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

April 20, 2011, 05:58:52 AM #647 Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 06:09:16 AM by Reiloth
Iesane (ACCT) has been killed by a lanky, brown-skinned gith, amen.

EDIT:
I guess Staff will get this more than other people will.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

Was he a gith?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

My first special app was for a cat person. Maybe I'll try again when slave pcs are allowed. :3
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
̡͌