Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: Marshmellow on December 08, 2010, 04:47:10 AM
I was playing a nilazi/physician in Allanak that decided to attach herself to the nearest form of power.  I became a Clerk in the AoD.  I even got promoted early because I was so efficient and so necessary (there had been a recent death and there were no Sergeants or above besides the Templars).  I kept the place in water and food and all sorts of stuff, mostly because I was being tricky and using my magicks in clever ways.  Everything was going great.  I was actually fairly well branched, but nowhere near powerful, just clever... then an HRPT happened.  I will direct everyone to this post:
Quote from: Marshmellow on December 06, 2009, 11:34:22 PM"I said that out loud, did I not?"
Yeah.  That was me.  What did my character say out loud, in front of two templars (I think?), a bunch of soldiers, a few gemmers and I think some Bynners were there?  Well, it was supposed to be a think, but something went horribly horribly wrong when my character says something to the effect of, "Huh, I wonder if that's related to the magick I can call on?"

Yeah, suddenly everyone looks at my character.  I could have sworn that I'd used think, so I had no idea why I was suddenly the center of attention.  Then someone says something about how what my character said sounds suspiciously like nilazi magicks, considering the thing my character had said it about.  I blink.  I scroll back.  I facepalm.  Then the madness starts!

I fled and actually got away with about 1/4 my hp left only to die to what I still consider a twink kill by some jerk later that same day.

Hah! I remember that. The second your character said that magick bit, I started rattling through >key figure, and was set to kill. I held off though, because my brain was melted from the HRPT and I thought it would be inappropriate for Raul to just strike without waiting on the templars. Tsk, tsk.
Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Tried to teach a Half-giant how to salute.

>tell giant Like this.

>emote taps ^me fist to ^me chest.

>The big half-giant looks at you, for a moment, before nodding.

>The big half-giant throws a meaty fist out at your chest!

A fight ensues and the giant was killed (by guards)...

To this day, I still feel bad about that.

P.S. - To the player that lost their Half-giant because of my epic fail, kudos. Kudos and sorry.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

December 09, 2010, 01:58:57 AM #502 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 02:00:40 AM by Sephiroto
Quote from: Tarx on December 08, 2010, 10:03:39 AM
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit on December 08, 2010, 09:55:59 AM
Quote from: jstorrie on December 08, 2010, 04:52:56 AM
You were Aupholt, 5DV?
Yes, I played Aupholt Negean. It's funny. His sdesc was something like, "the sturdy, full-bearded man." At the exact same time he was brought into the game, they brought in another Jihaen. His sdesc was "the immense, crescent-bearded man" or something like. Two big, burly bearded Jihaens, purely by coincidence. Between working under Elithan and having a colleague that looked pretty much exactly like him, Aupholt was kind of doomed to obscurity from the get-go. This was reinforced by the fact that he spent much of his (post-virtual) life working on/preparing for Elithan's King's Age celebration... and then was eaten by halflings before he could even attend.

I always got you two confused.  Also, my fault on the "eaten by halflings" bit.  Unless you were the one that was killed in an unrelated halfling event, in which case I was involved, but probably not the direct cause.  I have a few logs of some major halfling incursion on the North Road where we were all fighting to get to Ayun Iskandir.  I don't remember if I submitted them or if this is even related.

Funny you should say that.  I was playing a private in the USC when Vraj was killed by halflings in Iskandir.  I remember being a big weenie like 2 or 3 day assassin who didn't get hurt or poisoned while others, including Vraj died and my guy survived.  So then I apped for his opening and got it.  I played Gar, the mammoth, crimson-bearded man (later the mammoth, brutally-scarred man because of kryl acid to the face).  I went with you guys on the 2nd halfling excursion and sorta snickered internally with Aupholt died, saying that he should have read and written fewer books and paid better attention in training with Gar and Elithan.  IRL, I really liked that aspect of Aupholt though.  I've never been a very creative RPer like that.  I'm more of a problem solver or hack -n- slasher.  Having the intellectual colleague around to sort of watch and ask questions to was a lot of fun.

I suffer bragging envy.

Why have my PCs never achieved anything grand?  :'( Looking at the bragging thread makes me sad, and makes me curse my timezone some more.

What is worse is having many things to brag about but they are all too IC as long as arm1 is open.

Sigh.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

^That's not worse.
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Quote from: X-D on December 09, 2010, 02:57:23 PM
What is worse is having many things to brag about but they are all too IC as long as arm1 is open.

Sigh.

I'm sure there's some less-secret stuff that's a few years old now. For example, remember that time you took on an apprentice and he turned out to be the awesomest dude?

My northerner was grabbed off the street by a southern templar, dragged to the Gaj den, questioned there and let loose. Before the templar let her go, he got a jade cross tattooed on her forehead.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

Quote from: Akaramu on December 09, 2010, 02:29:01 PM
I suffer bragging envy.

Why have my PCs never achieved anything grand?  :'( Looking at the bragging thread makes me sad, and makes me curse my timezone some more.

It's okay, I don't think I achieve anything grand either.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

I watched a templar once accidentally fall off the Shield Wall (and die to gith at the bottom) and instead of rushing down to save her, proceeded to cough, tell everyone that this never happened, and started to ride home along the North Road.

I got maybe 3 rooms before the sand kicked up and, this being before the changes to desert navigation, slipped and fell off the Shield Wall, too, taking the 4-5 PCs who were following my PC with me. My PC, with no climb skill, caught himself on the first try, climbed down, jumped on his beetle, waited until everybody else woke up, then rode off, unhurt. Back at the city, he managed to convince another templar to pay him in full for the contract, since he'd done exactly what he was paid to do (protect the templar on the way to a certain place, which they had arrived at prior to her suicidal leap.)

This same PC (who, in hindsight, was hilariously inept) also once tried to commit suicide in someone's apartment by drinking out of a keg full of purple liquid. It wasn't cleaning fluid; it was Oashi wine.
A dark-shelled scrab pinches at you, but you dodge out of the way.
A dark-shelled scrab brandishes its bone-handled, obsidian scimitar.
A dark-shelled scrab holds its bloodied wicked-edged, bone scimitar.

Oh my god, I fucking loled. ^
Child, child, if you come to this doomed house, what is to save you?

A voice whispers, "Read the tales upon the walls."

Quote from: Wolfsong on December 10, 2010, 06:52:28 AM
I watched a templar once accidentally fall off the Shield Wall (and die to gith at the bottom) and instead of rushing down to save her, proceeded to cough, tell everyone that this never happened, and started to ride home along the North Road.

I got maybe 3 rooms before the sand kicked up and, this being before the changes to desert navigation, slipped and fell off the Shield Wall, too, taking the 4-5 PCs who were following my PC with me. My PC, with no climb skill, caught himself on the first try, climbed down, jumped on his beetle, waited until everybody else woke up, then rode off, unhurt. Back at the city, he managed to convince another templar to pay him in full for the contract, since he'd done exactly what he was paid to do (protect the templar on the way to a certain place, which they had arrived at prior to her suicidal leap.)

This same PC (who, in hindsight, was hilariously inept) also once tried to commit suicide in someone's apartment by drinking out of a keg full of purple liquid. It wasn't cleaning fluid; it was Oashi wine.

Your a legend, especially about the Templar falling off the shield wall part. I would so do the same thing....
The Devil doesn't dawdle.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 11, 2010, 01:40:50 AM
I played Sorka Hallan.
No one knows who he was D:
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on December 11, 2010, 03:45:55 AM
Quote from: spicemustflow on December 11, 2010, 02:01:22 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 11, 2010, 01:41:24 AM
I played Sorka Hallan.

I know! One of the Soh faces from like forever ago.

Kah! Me too ! 

Tilting his head in a bird-like manner, you say in Sirihish:
"Kah."
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

Quote from: Majikal on December 11, 2010, 03:51:47 AM
Quote from: Bogre on December 11, 2010, 03:45:55 AM
Quote from: spicemustflow on December 11, 2010, 02:01:22 AM
Quote from: Gunnerblaster on December 11, 2010, 01:41:24 AM
I played Sorka Hallan.

I know! One of the Soh faces from like forever ago.

Kah! Me too ! 

Tilting his head in a bird-like manner, you say in Sirihish Allundean:
"Kah."

FTFY
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

December 11, 2010, 04:44:16 PM #517 Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:48:36 PM by X-D
Nah, Majickal had it correct, Sirihish or Mirukkim would be the correct languages for his post... Well, and Cav several times.

Not sure if this is a shame or brag, so I'll put it here.

After killing a Soh PC my PC then shouted..

You shout in tribal accented sirihish while looking at your homies, "Quick impression for you: Kah! Kah! Stab! Fuck, I'm dead!"
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on December 11, 2010, 04:44:16 PM
Nah, Majickal had it correct, Sirihish or Mirukkim would be the correct languages for his post... Well, and Cav several times.

You shout in tribal accented sirihish while looking at your homies, "Quick impression for you: Kah! Kah! Stab! Fuck, I'm dead!"

Hahaha... nice reference.
Choppin muthafuckaz up with mandibles since 1995.

My post was aimed at what was probably only 6 players. None of those players would have missed the reference. Yar.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

15+ years and something like 70+ characters and I have never played a noble.  Or a templar.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

I've only PKed somebody once.

It was a complete and total accident.
EvilRoeSlade wrote:
QuoteYou find a bulbous root sac and pick it up.
You shout, in sirihish:
"I HAVE A BULBOUS SAC"
QuoteA staff member sends:
     "You are likely dead."

Quote from: i can haz mantis on December 11, 2010, 05:37:08 PM

OMG! I just got that, every goth kid in the world would snap at it in a moment.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Quote from: Potaje on December 20, 2010, 01:25:08 AM
Quote from: i can haz mantis on December 11, 2010, 05:37:08 PM

OMG! I just got that, every goth kid in the world would snap at it in a moment.

I don't get it.

It's from The Crow.

Quote from: Top DollarQuick impression for you: Caw! Caw! Bang! Fuck, I'm dead!
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote from: Delirium on August 04, 2014, 10:11:38 AM
fuck authority smoke weed erryday

oh and here's a free videogame.