Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

I've never had a magicker last more than an hour because I try to experiment with them too much.

:(

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 06, 2010, 08:20:58 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 06, 2010, 08:18:36 PM
I've never had a magicker

At one point I was playing so many magickers, it was hard for me to remember if I'd ever really played a mundane...
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I've played a long-lived magicker who never cast a spell....

...until five minutes before he died.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

It's been a little over a year now, so I think it's safe to release this...

I played your mom.
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 06, 2010, 08:20:58 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 06, 2010, 08:18:36 PM
I've never had a magicker

Me either, but I really enjoy mundanes too, and there are so many mundanes guilds to try!
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

My first special app was a carpet that was imbued with the spirit of a Whiran.

you can guess how that went

Like this?
All the world will be your enemy. When they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

Quote from: Erythil on August 09, 2010, 01:19:54 AM
All my characters wind up horribly forgetful insensitive twits because I can't keep all the same-ish descs straight.

One of my characters always, for reasons that seemed good to him, took the trouble to speak politely to an extraordinarily powerful PC.  "Very powerful" means "red-robed templar."  "Extraordinarily powerful" means "can probably kill everyone in the game at once if they'll just line up."

Then she updated her sdesc...  :-[
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

My first special app was a halfling slave in the Byn. It somehow sounded like a great idea.  :-[

Quote from: Akaramu on August 09, 2010, 10:05:33 AM
My first special app was a halfling slave in the Byn. It somehow sounded like a great idea.  :-[

I wish to know more of this...

QuoteA female voice says, in sirihish:
     "] yer a wizard, oashi"

I approve of that app.   I think the fact that you apped that concept belongs in the bragging thread.
Quote from: Synthesis
Quote from: lordcooper
You go south and one of the other directions that isn't north.  That is seriously the limit of my geographical knowledge of Arm.
Sarge?

"Alright, time for patrol, runners. Amos, you get to hold Chompy's leash this time."
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Bogre on August 10, 2010, 12:19:03 PM
"Alright, time for patrol, runners. Amos, you get to hold Chompy's leash this time."

That would be awesome...
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

every time I see a red scorpion dwarf, I want to make a Red Dwarf joke. But I expect I would be murdered immediatly by the Blue Flame of the immortals, and loose all my karma.
I remember recruiting this Half elf girl. And IMMEDIATELY taking her out on a contract. Right as we go into this gith hole I tell her "Remember your training, and you'll be fine." and she goes "I have no training." Then she died

Quote from: Fredd on August 12, 2010, 12:49:31 PM
every time I see a red scorpion dwarf, I want to make a Red Dwarf joke. But I expect I would be murdered immediatly by the Blue Flame of the immortals, and loose all my karma.

I knew a dwarf IG who was named after the dwarf planet Ceres.

Quote from: MeTekillot on August 12, 2010, 05:43:00 PM
Quote from: Fredd on August 12, 2010, 12:49:31 PM

I knew a dwarf IG who was named after the dwarf planet Ceres.

She was the first female dwarf I ever saw. Only one too, until just recently.

You've missed out on a few, then.
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Okay, so this is when I was brand-spanking new and didn't know any better, but...

I was playing a northerner during the occupation of Tuluk, and my character thought it would be a good idea to try and tame a gortok.  So, he parades off into the wild, subdues one, and drags it past the gates.

It escaped right in front of the Sun King's Sanctuary.  :-[
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

It's almost been 2 years, so...

My secret shame: mudsexing on the arch over the Byn compound gate.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

Quote from: deviant storm on August 12, 2010, 07:30:10 PM

You people really need to learn how to differentiate between a shame and a brag.

Quote from: Aaron Goulet on August 12, 2010, 07:45:44 PM

You people really need to learn how to differentiate between a shame and a brag.

Actually I think that qualifies for a cross-post.  :o
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

I killed someone with a bandage fail. Doh!  >:(
The man wears his heavy war-saddle on his back, covering a tattoo

Crawling up on all fours, the man sits on a sturdy bed

The man sends you a telepathic message:
     "Alright, you got to tame a wild one today."

Quote from: Kiara on August 13, 2010, 05:41:04 AMI killed someone with a bandage fail. Doh!  >:(
Again, something that should be a brag!  ;D
Quote from: MalifaxisWe need to listen to spawnloser.
Quote from: Reiterationspawnloser knows all

Quote from: SpoonA magicker is kind of like a mousetrap, the fear is the cheese. But this cheese has an AK47.

Logs, or it didnt happen.