Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

I once saw a guy break into the house just north of what was then the Bard's Barrel.  Because my character was a murderous jerk, I followed him in and killed him, just to get a feel for killing another player.  It left me feeling empty and sad.

I once invited a friend to play a role, but he kept doing dumb things so I had to order him killed.

I blamed it on the player who executed the order being a twink.

He quit playing the game for quite a long time, complaining about all the twinks.   :-[
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Way back in my noob days I once died to a tregil and maybe even a vestric or two.
staff member sends:
     "No problem. We'll just eat your brainz later

I suppose this is the correct thread to post this in. I'm not proud of this and it took me quite some time to redeem myself. I had a fairly salty half-elf assassin that was working as a spy for the north. Said assassin was double-crossed and in turn ended up in the arena in 'Nak. I was given very little in the way to defend myself and death was all but certain. In attempting to make the most out of my death my character shouted this out right before the mantis head was seen,

"FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Took me quite some time to earn back the trust I lost and my account notes do reflect my love for Braveheart.

I tried walking over to a room, and climb code was auto-initiated without my consent.

Isn't there a consent rule for this stuff!? xD

Quote from: mattrious on March 18, 2010, 08:11:02 AM
"FREEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Old son, every northern patriot who dies in the Arena hollers that.  Every single one.

Quote from: Saellyn on March 18, 2010, 08:51:30 AM
I tried walking over to a room, and climb code was auto-initiated without my consent.

Isn't there a consent rule for this stuff!? xD

You land on your neck!

lol

nosave mudsecks

You are no longer making saves for mudsecks.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

Quote from: Gunnerblaster on March 19, 2010, 02:18:38 PM
Here's my brag - I had a militia PC (lifesworn) who betrayed his city-state to join the other - Then betrayed -that- city-state to join the Plainsman, in one day.

The same PC died a real-life day later, his head most likely cut from his body and delivered to the first city-state he betrayed.

What bites is that he was mere in-game days away from going somewhere "safe" and hopefully getting involved with alot of awesome sekrit plots.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

I don't know... I know running out of stamina during a tembo chase is always REAAAAAALLY bad for new chars. Also, my first char play IG was also my first experience with poison. That was... fun.

But falling off the cliff is about as shameful as it gets, man. That shows that not ONLY was I a moron at the time, but that the code EXPLICITLY wanted to kill me.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on March 24, 2010, 05:49:22 PM
I think my login record was 22 hours when Sorn Tallid, myself, and the rest of the crew got lost and seperated in the middle of the tablelands.
God, I wish I could remember that Vivaduan's sdesc or name.  He was the first magicker that I was around for extended periods, and he was just plain awesome, especially after dragging my Krath-Struck, exausted bum all half the way back to Nak.

I typed 'n' instead of 'l n' and set all of that in motion.  Several hours later, I had to go afk for half an hour or so.  I swear I was mounted and following, but I wasn't thinking entirely clearly by that point, so I may well not have been.  When I got back, everyone was still right where I'd left them.  I never had the guts to ask if they'd just been waiting for me all that time, especially as it was all my fault to begin with, but the shame has haunted me ever since.   :-[  Worst.  Outing.  Ever.

The magicker's nickname was Slappy.  He was the fat, cherubic man, and also completely awesome.

I once fell off a giant cliff and survived...and then promptly got eaten by a mantis.

Quote-  -- Acrimar (the grim, graceful man) talks at their table: Are there any other cities out there? I've heard of this place called "All-Neck."  Enjoying watching this one learn the world ICly. - 12/13/08

Ahh, how far I've come. I just need to find Seen-her now.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

I once had a 7 day warrior who was traveling for the first time from one major city to another and was alone. She was so proud of her glossy, black inix that she had just purchased. ... ... Until said inix decided he'd like to try to make like a verrin hawk and fly off a cliff instead of going the way she urged him in. So, with my PC upon his back, Mr. Inix flew off of the Shield Wall... or, rather, we plummeted like a boulder in a rock slide. When the ground met my PC to say, "Hi, would you like to look like I pancake?" I didn't die but got knocked out. Finally, after coming 'round my PC was all alone, she struggled to get up, looked around and saw Mr. I-think-I'm-Special-and-can-fly in the distance grazing happily as if nothing had ever happened. She went to retrieve him and instead was retrieved by a gith who wanted the freshly made brain soup in her skull from the fall. The end.

Awesome concept, awesome magicker. Nothing probably could kill him but I was always unbelieveably careful anyway and I was more into solo RP, I only killed scrabs when I craved for different food. As I travel one day to a spot out of the very light storm to perform some magicky stuff, I saw a look desc telling me that there's a huge fall just couple rooms away from me. I decided, "Eh, let's take a look down then move away for my solo-RP."

Seems the room I thought that was the 'edge' wasn't an edge in the literal meaning - still a fall room. I got really pissed that day because I had woken up willing to roleplay that day and if one of the ~10 people I tried to contact was online, I wouldn't go out to do something interesting.

I wonder what my account note says; "Died to gravity. Amen."?
Q  : Where do you piss?
Yam: On elves.
Q  : And if the area, lacks elves at the given time?
Yam: Scan.

I love how it's almost shameful among veteran players outside a military clan to initiate a request for a sparring match.

I do it anyways.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Quote from: Hot_Dancer on March 28, 2010, 12:57:17 PM
I love how it's almost shameful among veteran players outside a military clan to initiate a request for a sparring match.

I do it anyways.

Veteran players don't do it because it's dangerous, not because it's shameful.

The last thing you want to be is 20 hp down with someone in the room who -knows- they can kick your ass.

Quote from: Synthesis on March 28, 2010, 02:57:08 PM
Quote from: Hot_Dancer on March 28, 2010, 12:57:17 PM

I do it anyways.

Veteran players don't do it because it's dangerous, not because it's shameful.

The last thing you want to be is 20 hp down with someone in the room who -knows- they can kick your ass.

In a nutshell..... I've gambled on it a few times before, but never unless I've got a good gut feeling about it.

No mishaps so far. :)

Done it quite a few times.
Never had a problem.

Though I figure most of them were with Hot_Dancers PC(s).
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

On a light derail: Been there. Doesn't happen in Arm so much though as other RPI's that boast
more frequent skill boosts at character generation. In Arm you usually know whose been around
longer when a confrontation looms.
Anonymous:  I don't get why magickers are so amazingly powerful in Arm.

Anonymous:  I mean... the concept of making one class completely dominating, and able to crush any other class after 5 days of power-playing, seems ridiculous to me.

Sometimes I pretend to be afk around players or characters I don't like.  :-[

Quote from: Synthesis on March 28, 2010, 04:39:26 PM
Sometimes I pretend to be afk around players or characters I don't like.  :-[

That explains it.   :-\

Sometimes I afk around charactors or players I really like.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

I afk alot.

Sometimes just because I'm interested in a few minutes of net surfing.
Now you're looking for the secret. But you won't find it because of course, you're not really looking. You don't really want to work it out. You want to be fooled.

I afk a lot. Usually to smoke cigarettes since I can't smoke in my house. :(
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.