Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

When I first started playing (I was fourteen, but the game was very different back then) I got hired by a templar, very kindly I might add, because I was ignorant of nearly every single command syntax.

The worst incidence I can recall we were sitting in the Trader's and he was trying to explain to me how to use the unseen way. I didn't understand why it didn't work the way it does in hack and slashes, immediately, and was a skill that had to be polished. So there I was, talking half IC in IC channels and half in OOC channels and half OOC in IC channels, miserably confused first how to arrange the syntax and then about the failure messages I was getting. Now I think back at that PC crowded tavern with shame.

Newbie way gets my aides every time. Once, also in Trader's, I was in contact with a noble I was hoping might hire my character and while discussing where and what time we could set up an interview, I passed out right before his eyes.
Awkward.
It took me long enough to wake up that I was late to the interview.

More recently nearly all my shame stems from absent mindedness.

Quote from: Riev on June 12, 2019, 02:20:04 PM
Do you kill your sparring partners once they are useless to you, so that you are king?

Lost an old sorcerer, one of my most cherished characters, because I sipped from the wrong bottle and didn't have a cure handy. I still kick myself over that.

Quote from: path on January 27, 2010, 01:38:31 PM[...] I was ignorant of nearly every single command syntax.

My first PC was a ranger, back in the day. I joined the Byn, sparred a little, roleplayed my chores, got pretty confused. Contract came up, and the Sarge asked who could ride. Checking my skill list, yup, I sure could ride! I hop on the trust loaner kank and follow the Sarge out into the salt flats for about a room before lagging behind. He bitches at me, yells at me, says if I lag behind again it'll be my ass.

Promptly thinking "fuck you, asshat, I have ranger quit," I went north, east, and quit out.

Didn't play for a solid year and a half. Found the game again, logged in to my PC, and (now actually a halfway roleplayer) I wandered back to town, fearful of people figuring out I was a deserter. So - ha, I thought, I'll take off my aba and nobody'll know.

I left my patch on. Like an idiot. People knew.

- My first 30 characters were all expert assassins, according to their backgrounds, and they weren't shy about letting you know how much better than you they were either. At the end of those first 2 months on Armageddon, I decided that maybe I should just play them as if they were only novices.

- I'm on 130-some PCs in right around 5 - 6 years. (My novice assassins were still VERY cocky.)

- Quick killed 3 of my characters in a row. Each of them on a Friday night exactly one week after the previous had died.

- In the RPT in which the Mul Outpost was sacked, my 13 or 14 year old warrior AOD soldier
a) lagged behind the war party only 1 screen past the Dragon's Gate
b) got lost on the way to the RPT (Sharak told me to go east when I should've went west. I rolled with it)
c) Rode Lt. Paryl's purple kank off the shield wall killing it
d) Got chased to the RPT by a dujat
e) Upon arrival, was immediately KO'd by a club-swinging mul
f) Woke up and nearly died of dehydration because he hadn't packed water.
g) Was awarded a special medal for "Outstanding Bravery."  :o ;D

- Same PC was insta-ganked by an NPC who had somehow wandered outside of the rinth. I figured I had time for a quick emote. Boy, was I wrong! It wasn't even a very strong NPC.

- My HG Legionaire/ Bard was killed by a single gortok (with no stam left to run away) before he could perform his latest song "Few have the balls of a Lyksae" as an apology for accidentally insinuating Lord Lyksae he had a tiny penis.

- An entirely different half-giant of mine fucked an elf. That's simply all I can really say about that...
Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on January 27, 2010, 05:44:49 PM
- An entirely different half-giant of mine fucked an elf. That's simply all I can really say about that...

.. how is it possible?
some of my posts are serious stuff

QuoteQuote from: IAmJacksOpinion on Today at 04:44:49 PM

.. how is it possible?

I'm not sure, but honestly that's the whole point if it being posted HERE, in the Thread of Shame.

First we discussed it in proportions ooc.

"If a 6 foot tall man averages a 6 inch cock, then a 13 foot tall HG averages 13 inches."

I thought she was just going to give him a handjob, (or arm job or whatever it would have to be. :P) and that's what it started out as. Soon, I could see that she was leading up to slipping it in, so I initiated an emote race to finish, but I wasn't quick enough and she mounted! Poor girl, must've been like sitting on a firehose. :o

To be fair though, I know I'm not the only player that's been in this or a similar scenario.

Quote from: musashiengaging in autoerotic asphyxiation is no excuse for sloppy grammer!!!

Armageddon.org

One time I tried to pee in Nyr's coffee.

But he caught me  :-[
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I had a dwarf who had sex with an elf.

Admittedly, he has a focus along the lines of finding out ways of killing people.

So he was sort of hoping she would bleed to death from it afterwards.

They discussed a price around anal sex for the next time, unfortunately, he didn't live to see if -that- would kill her.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

You want to hear shame!?

One time, on the GDB, I discussed specific details about my half-giant fucking an elf!

Top that!

Armageddon.org

I had a character killed by a reanimated sparrow.  I was told by San that the immortals believed it was a first.  *blush*

Quote from: DustMight on January 27, 2010, 08:21:50 PM
I had a character killed by a reanimated sparrow.  I was told by San that the immortals believed it was a first.  *blush*

hahaha, that's funny.
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on January 27, 2010, 06:33:01 PM

.. how is it possible?

I'm not sure, but honestly that's the whole point if it being posted HERE, in the Thread of Shame.

"If a 6 foot tall man averages a 6 inch cock, then a 13 foot tall HG averages 13 inches."

I thought she was just going to give him a handjob, (or arm job or whatever it would have to be. :P) and that's what it started out as. Soon, I could see that she was leading up to slipping it in, so I initiated an emote race to finish, but I wasn't quick enough and she mounted! Poor girl, must've been like sitting on a firehose. :o

To be fair though, I know I'm not the only player that's been in this or a similar scenario.

This is why I no longer play thieves that shadow people. You ruined it for me.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Delstro on January 27, 2010, 09:37:13 PM
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on January 27, 2010, 06:33:01 PM

.. how is it possible?

This is why I no longer play thieves that shadow people. You ruined it for me.

well If you think about a maxed tall elf is 7' 5" vs a 13' tall hg. if, and omg only if he had an inch per foot 13" not hard to believe a 5' woman can take that, and I know. So perhaps an elf of that size would have no problem.

The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Lulz I don't want to think about it!  :o
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I am shamed to have read that.
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

I feel dirty.

My shame:

I thought >kick kank would spur it on. Thank God my Byn Sergeant saved me.
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

>l mantis
>think Oh shit! Mantis!
>draw sword;draw sword
>kill friend who is guarding me

I've murdered more than one pc because of mistaken identity.  Sorry about that.  Protip: don't name your shady characters after spooky things.
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

January 28, 2010, 06:50:32 AM #118 Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:02:13 AM by Ampere
>look
a tall figure in a hooded dark cloak is here, bleeding lightly
>draw dagger
>draw dagger
a short figure in a hooded shit-cloaked arrives from the north
> backstab hooded (noob)
you stealthily approach your target...
a short figure in a hooded shit-cloaked gurgles and spits blood as you plunge your business in a meaty bit.
> disengage
laughing, a tall figure in a hooded dark cloak runs north
> say (eyes wide as he frantically flings ~dagger away, sending it skipping across stone) Oh fuck! I just..I just just panicked!
someone shouts from the north, "classic shit-cloak right there!"
Quote from: scienceAn early study by Plaut and Kohn-Speyer (1947)[11] found that horse smegma had a carcinogenic effect on mice. Heins et al.(1958)

say (as he swings his legs off ~table, grinning from ear to ear) I'm bored, let's go kill us an ankheg.

say (as she swings her legs off ~dude, grinning from ear to ear) I'm bored, let's go kill us a carru.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

The freaking immobile dummy dodges your blow!
Quotejmordetsky: so I reckon, before 1750, people were fuckin retarded

QuoteNamino:
I'm not going to spawn 100,000,000 eggs like a black marlin just because Mekillots are a thing 

Quote from: satine on January 28, 2010, 05:12:06 PM

It must've swayed in the wind.  ;)
Quote from: ZoltanWhen in doubt, play dangerous, awkward or intense situations to the hilt, every time.

The Official GDB Hate Cycle

My first delf, I fell off a cliff trying to climb it. I was passed out with half my hp I think.

About 20 seconds later *BEEP* Mantis head.

I'll never know what killed me :)

Haven't played a delf since and won't again for a while. It's too easy to explore with them. Easier to die from stupid shit like this haha.

Quote from: Morrolan on July 16, 2013, 01:43:41 AM
And there was some dwarf smoking spice, and I thought that was so scandalous because I'd only been playing in 'nak.

Quote from: satine on January 28, 2010, 05:12:06 PM

I've gotten this with new chars a few times. I was actually excited. I missed! AMAZING.
The man asks you:
     "'Bout damn time, lol.  She didn't bang you up too bad, did she?"
The man says, ooc:
     "OG did i jsut do that?"

Quote from: Shalooonsh
I love the players of this game.
That's not a random thought either.