Shame (the opposite of bragging)

Started by Halcyon, August 03, 2008, 02:54:48 AM

Quote from: Medivh on August 19, 2008, 03:41:16 AM
Responsable for a few NPCs added to the game world.

Is that somehow shameful?

If those NPCs are in place to prevent future players from doing what you did, then yes.

Quote from: Zoltan on August 20, 2008, 07:00:01 PM
Worked a dick joke into an emote once.

Almost put this in the bragging thread.  :-\

Is that somehow shameful?
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Repeatedly stole, with failed attempts included, from an NPC templar.
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Got one-shotted dead while sparring, with proper sparring weapons and with regular sparring conduct. I was winning, and had yet to be hit when I suddenly encountered the mantis head. :'(

Quote from: Kennath on August 22, 2008, 03:15:13 AM
Got one-shotted dead while sparring, with proper sparring weapons and with regular sparring conduct. I was winning, and had yet to be hit when I suddenly encountered the mantis head. :'(

Sparring a two-handed axe using half-giant?  :-\

Quote from: Kennath on August 22, 2008, 03:15:13 AM

Lol, that's why every organization in the Known World has rules about fighting muls and half-giants.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: NoteworthyFellow on August 20, 2008, 07:52:27 AM
Quote from: Maso on August 20, 2008, 07:41:36 AMConstantly fainting from Way use with a leader PC in public situations/in front of peers.

Been there.

Often.

Hilariously.

WIth my first PC.. and I was sooo noob..... I tried Waying an NPC for the lord I was being hired to Aide for, and passed out... TWICE. In the same three hour span. :*(

Quote from: Kiri on August 24, 2008, 02:32:03 AM
Quote from: Maso on August 20, 2008, 07:41:36 AMConstantly fainting from Way use with a leader PC in public situations/in front of peers.

Been there.

Often.

Hilariously.

WIth my first PC.. and I was sooo noob..... I tried Waying an NPC for the lord I was being hired to Aide for, and passed out... TWICE. In the same three hour span. :*(

Twice in three hours? IS THAT ALL? You had it easy.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Maso on August 24, 2008, 06:20:39 AM

Been there.

Often.

Hilariously.

And the fun part is hearing the excuse they give for passing out.

"Oh, I, uh, have heart problems."
"I drank a little too much."
"I was testing the floor so I know how to properly throw myself out on it when my Lord Fancypants arrives."

Those are some I've actually heard that take the cake.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Being one of like 3 people that -hasn't- fainted from trying to use the Way with a new character.  :P
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

Quote from: Maso on August 24, 2008, 06:20:39 AM

Yeah. Back when I was a noob we passed out every five minutes.  And we liked it that way!
Quote from: J S BachIf it ain't baroque, don't fix it.

Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on August 24, 2008, 03:11:59 PM
Being one of like 3 people that -hasn't- fainted from trying to use the Way with a new character.  :P

One time my cat decided to stand on the enter key on my keyboard right after I sent a psi.  Whoever I was psi'ing saw about ten of the same messages before I passed out.  Thankfully I was in a safe place.

Every time I've ever passed out due to the way, it was never with a newbie character, which just goes to show, I'm a dumbass.
man
/mæn/

-noun

1.   A biped, ungrateful.

I once bought two sterilite(sp) earrings from the shop in the Bazaar for 150 'sid a piece. I thought, huh, what are these. I googled them and found out they were metal earrings. I came back to see a longneck stealing one from me. I reported us.

Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

Quote from: Ender on August 24, 2008, 10:14:42 PM
Quote from: AmandaGreathouse on August 24, 2008, 03:11:59 PM
Every time I've ever passed out due to the way, it was never with a newbie character, which just goes to show, I'm a dumbass.
Usually I pass out on people who have been doing it the longest. I'll look at my stun and be like... "Hmm... 13... I can make it!"
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

When I got my first 'rinthi character, I led hostiles back to the mantis tavern.  I was quickly slaughtered by the guards for being so stupid.

As a noob, tried to climb down a cliff (I'm pretty sure now it was the Shield Wall) with my bow and arrow still in my hands.

That did not work out so well.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I love your cunning Jayne Cobb hat.

Give it to me.

Mine.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: Ammut on August 28, 2008, 02:06:38 PM
When I got my first 'rinthi character, I led hostiles back to the mantis tavern.  I was quickly slaughtered by the guards for being so stupid.

Strange, I did the same, but the guards butchered the hostiles... By the hostiles I mean that annoying hunched elf that fancies himself a mugger.

i am ashamed of the night that i met jack daniels
some of my posts are serious stuff

When I first started playing, I IM'd a helper (Barzalene?) asking something about why wasn't I getting any xp for all these NPCs I was killing in Allanak.

Sanvean sent me an admonishing e-mail.

That's brilliant, Khorm. where you like: "I should have at least four hundred hit points by now!"?

If only I could tell you...
(sadly) the most heartbreaking thing to of ever happened to me.

But. I'm also ashamed I forgot to fill up on water before going out into the desert with one of my favorite characters.
Live like God.
Love like God.

"Don't let life be your burden."
- Some guy, Twin Warriors

Recetly(past couple months) did that one, myself.