Specific Tribal Humans!

Started by Turbomatic Tribal, August 02, 2008, 12:32:15 AM

Since I like Tribal Humans, I thought it would be appropriate give a short advertisement for the Jul Tavan in particular.

Basic Requirements: They are approval-by-app to imm through e-mail, require no karma, and restricted to mundane.
Geared Towards: Flamboyant culture, nomadic-inclined, not war-like in nature.

Currently they have a couple of great players based in the North, but, like the Jul Tavan, prefer to move around when they can simply from their restless nature. The documents are fairly supportive of all walks of life excepting magickers, (of course,) so you wouldn't be limited there. Race is limited to human unless you are wanting to be some sort of half-blood outcast, which is perfectly "okay", too. (Just expect to be treated appropriately!)

Documents: http://www.armageddon.org/ic/jultavan.html

We currently have a great newly appointed staff member, who I can honestly say I am excited to play under. He/she is extremely helpful/responsive/awesome.

If you have any questions be sure to send me a PM, I'd be happy to answer.

Release your inner sandblood!

Just a quick word of advice, in case you miss it in the docs: If you DO play a magicker, you will most likely be banished once found out.  This does not necessarily mean that they wouldn't be approved, or that said banishment WOULD occur, just though I would throw it out there.

-FW
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Basket hats included with your purchase of a Jul Tavan role!

The Jul Tavan are very cool. I've enjoyed interaction with them, namely a certain one a few years past. They're like Tan Muark lite.

Jul Tavan are one of my favorite tribes to play. Rich history, great customs. Highly recommend trying at least once.
"The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead." - Albert Einstein

Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 02, 2008, 04:09:30 AM
They're like Tan Muark lite.

Yah, that's what happens when you actually have to work for the things your tribe needs. *grins and ducks*
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

I'm going to refrain. But you have no idea what you're talking about, Malken.

Quote from: Malken on August 02, 2008, 09:34:55 PM
Quote from: Forest Junkie on August 02, 2008, 04:09:30 AM
They're like Tan Muark lite.

Yah, that's what happens when you actually have to work for the things your tribe needs. *grins and ducks*

Bahahaha.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: a strange shadow on August 03, 2008, 12:23:47 AM

It's okay. He doesn't get to play on the waterslides.

Quote from: Yam on August 03, 2008, 01:12:01 AM

...Allegedly.

Quote from: Malken on August 03, 2008, 01:18:29 AM
Quote from: Yam on August 03, 2008, 01:12:01 AM

...Allegedly.

LMAO!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

The Jul Tavan really do ROCK! I would encourage anyone who is interested in trying a tribal human to give them a try.  Belenos and Relleu are awesome as well.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Okay, I'll bite. Joke or not, it's a sore, beaten-to-death, decades old one, and:

a) disrespectful of the hard work TM players have put into making things happen
b) disrespectful to bring up in a Jul Tavan advertisement thread

Back on topic, I'll throw my props in for the JT as well. I've seen some great PCs around.

Can't we all just get along?

the dark-skinned, dreadlock-tressed man begins singing in an Unknown accent,

"One love.... one love....
     Let's get together and feeeeeeeeel al-right..."
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: a strange shadow on August 03, 2008, 03:18:35 AM
Okay, I'll bite. Joke or not, it's a sore, beaten-to-death, decades old one, and:

a) disrespectful of the hard work TM players have put into making things happen
b) disrespectful to bring up in a Jul Tavan advertisement thread

Back on topic, I'll throw my props in for the JT as well. I've seen some great PCs around.

I agree, and we probably both know that keeping up this sort of feud is a lot more fun to do in game!  ;D

The next time you want to call the Jul Tavan 'Tan Muark lite', please do it to my character's face, hah.

... Take that up with FJ.

For what it's worth, I cringed when I read that. It just perpetuates the perception of elitism.

Now can we all hug? Ignore the dagger. Just a sentimental keepsake.

At the risk of re-railing this thread ALL of tribal humans are awesome, especially if you are tired of playing city-bound human, and don't care for neckers, breeds or dwarves, or just looking for something different.

The Jul Tavan have a rich culture, and a very interesting sense of values.  If you are interested in joining or having any questions, feel free to PM myself or Malken, and also of you have a PC that used the Tavan in their background, drop me a message, we have a lot of cool things planed for the future, and would love to bring you into the coded side of the clan if that is something you are interested in.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Hunters who know how to stay alive will be treasured and spoiled silly, just a hint, there, if you're wondering on a Jul Tavan concept.  :)

This tribe has so much potential for fun and has a nice zalanthas style culture. If you like the other human tribes but have only tried Seik or Arabet, I wholly recommend giving the Tavan a whirl. It's had a lot of activity recently from what I've seen.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.