Big Baobab Pub

Started by Ammut, July 30, 2008, 03:20:32 PM

Sweet... now to make this on topic, we need one of these in the game world... unless the halflings already have one.  ;)  In that case, we need more.

Zalanthan baobabs must be too small to build a pub in, considering that you can fell them with a few swings of a stone axe and carry it back home.

My next dwarf's focus will be to make this a reality!
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: some guy on July 30, 2008, 03:29:08 PM
Zalanthan baobabs must be too small to build a pub in, considering that you can fell them with a few swings of a stone axe and carry it back home.

No, it's just that you only chop down the small-medium sized ones.  The big ones you can't chop down, so you don't.  And I'm pretty sure there are trees (agafari and/or baobabs) that are large enough and do have lots of room inside the trunk or in/beneath the roots, etc.  I wouldn't mind seeing more, but you keep chopping them down so they don't grow big enough.  Argh.  ;)

July 30, 2008, 03:50:54 PM #5 Last Edit: July 30, 2008, 03:53:06 PM by FantasyWriter
Quote from: Sokotra on July 30, 2008, 03:36:26 PM
Quote from: some guy on July 30, 2008, 03:29:08 PM

No, it's just that you only chop down the small-medium sized ones.  The big ones you can't chop down, so you don't.  And I'm pretty sure there are trees (agafari and/or baobabs) that are large enough and do have lots of room inside the trunk or in/beneath the roots, etc.  I wouldn't mind seeing more, but you keep chopping them down so they don't grow big enough.  Argh.  ;)

Maybe you could have the tree as a "first room" and the actual business end of the pub is underground in the huge rood system that Zalanthan plants would need to supply it with enough water.  You would have the cool ambiance of roots hanging everywhere too!

>enter tree
Inside a massive baobab tree [leave, down]
The hollowed out trunk of this massive baobab tree provides a bit
of shade and relief from the head and weather outside. on the
opposite the crack by which you entered, there is a large dark hole,
out of which springs a ladder.  The smell of spice and booze seems
to pour out of the hole.

>l d
[far]
darness
[near]
darkness

>ep torch

>d

A hole in the gorund [up, down]
Not much to see.

>d

The bottom of a hole in the ground [s, up]

>s

A badass bar and smoking den   [n]

Thoughts?
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

This reminds me very much of that dude in the tree in the original Legend of Zelda, where you could gamble for rupees.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on July 30, 2008, 04:12:16 PM
This reminds me very much of that dude in the tree in the original Legend of Zelda, where you could gamble for rupees.

I hated that guy so very much.  His game was rigged.

The game might have been rigged, but the player always had the upper hand:

all you have to do is save after you win and restart after you lose.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

I move to have an APM at this pub, all of us dressed up as zalanthans.
South Africa wont know what hit it.
You know you've raised a nerd when your five year old answers the question "Do you know what gymnastics are?" with "Dungeons and Dragons?"

It's never too late to live happily ever after.

Thanks Bel, i forgot all about this thread!
Grebber - One who grebs.