Abort!

Started by Versu, July 30, 2008, 11:00:47 AM

I'd like it if there was "yes" or "no" areyoufreakensure or something before submitting an application so that when I send one I can be sure it's completely filled out. Sometimes my finger likes to hit the button premature.

And on that note, how about an abort command, which can clear the command prompt durring game delay? Stop spam cliff deaths or something.

> stop
will purge your command queue.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Once you are done filling out an application it will ask if you want to edit anything before it's submitted so you can change what you put down.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

well.. it never fails I forget something, as in rolling a dwarf and forgetting the specific section where a quick one line objective is entered. And after submitting, which is usually replied to within the first hour, the second RE-application tends to take considerably longer having it already have been read. Disappointing. Not to mention after the fact, all said and done. I've been to the store, taken care of a few things and am already wondering if that's the race/class combination I want. After all, no skill lists OOC means I have to roll each and every one again and again untill I learn from my mistakes and can choose the right combination. And no, the vague references on the website don't compare to an itemized list like the one in-game.

Welcome to Armageddon!   ;)

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PM
brandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

Quote from: Versu on July 30, 2008, 12:32:21 PM
And no, the vague references on the website don't compare to an itemized list like the one in-game.
For the most part, they actually do.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Re-rolling and re-rolling until you find the skills you want is a little counterproductive, given that the skill you want might be one that branches later in your character's development. Most classes start with only a fraction of their skills unlocked.

The descriptions in the help files, though, tend to paraphrase each and every skill that a class or subclass starts with or will unlock at some point. Very few skills are not mentioned (and the ones that aren't tend to be ones at the very end of the skill trees, anyway.)

I'd recommend you just come up with a concept that you like and find the class whose help file seems to fit the closest. As an inexperienced player you're probably misjudging the relative value of individual skills anyway, so why bother trying to min-max?

there's a huge curtain of not-knowing and it takes some getting used to.

To get the feel of the world.