Crafting two items into one

Started by Ammut, July 23, 2008, 02:16:22 AM

Quick question --

If I have two items that are supposed to be able to be crafted into one, what is the syntax to find out if I can craft the two into one?

craft <item1> <item2>
or
craft <item2> <item1>

gives me a "You don't think you could craft that into anything."  Is this the correct syntax to find out if I can craft them or am I doing it wrong?
I'm only guessing these two can be joined together, I don't know for certain.  It seems like they should be able to be.

Yes, that is the correct syntax. Perhaps you don't have the skill for it, or perhaps that's one of those oddly uncraftable items. Email Nyr a proposal in the case of the latter, in accordance with the thread on the topic in the Submissions forum.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

if they can certainly be joined together, the prblem might be:
"craft bone bone into a sword "
because that will give you nothing whereas
"craft bone bone into a sword" will
clear the free spaces after last word

Quote from: najdorf on July 24, 2008, 01:56:29 AM
if they can certainly be joined together, the prblem might be:
"craft bone bone into a sword "
because that will give you nothing whereas
"craft bone bone into a sword" will
clear the free spaces after last word

I do this ALOT, and also type ONto instead of INto...
But the order of the items in the list, to the best of my experience never matter.

-FW
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 24, 2008, 03:35:26 AM
But the order of the items in the list, to the best of my experience never matter.

I've never found this to be a problem either.
Previous of note: Kaevya the blind Tor Scorpion, Kaloraynai 'Raynai' the beetle Ruk, Korenyire of SLK, Koal 'Kick' the hooved Whiran, Kocadici/Dici/Glimmer, Koefaxine the giant Oashi 'Aide', Kosmia 'Grit' the rinthi
Current: Like I'd tell you.

Quote from: Kyviantre on July 24, 2008, 03:38:59 AM
Quote from: FantasyWriter on July 24, 2008, 03:35:26 AM

I've never found this to be a problem either.

It does matter with a few things, but you should bug them.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot