Steal! But not the skill....

Started by Qzzrbl, July 14, 2008, 01:50:01 AM

How about, if you attack somebody, they have a chance of dropping any items in their inventory?

Edited to add: Yes, good idea folks  :P

Quote from: Spoon on July 15, 2008, 05:18:30 AM
How about, if you attack somebody, they have a chance of dropping any items in their inventory?

Edited to add: Yes, good idea folks  :P

Because you don't want to hit them. You just want to snatch their crap and run away.

July 15, 2008, 07:59:21 PM #27 Last Edit: July 15, 2008, 08:01:25 PM by Lord of Charas
I like this idea. It could potentially add a lot of color. -And- it stinks of desperation and neediness. None but the most truly desperate buffoon would ever try this.

It's so kool.  ;D
"When the spirits read the writing on the skulls Shiva wears
around his neck, they know, 'This one is Brahma, this one is
Vishnu, this one is Indra, this is death,' as they play happily
with them, Shiva smiles, he laughs, our god."   --Basava

I would like to see a half-giant running around and grabbing things, I like.
Backstab is actually the only dialog option an assassin has.

Quote from: Medivh on August 12, 2008, 04:29:16 PM

It wouldn't even have to be a half-giant.

It could be anyone.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 13, 2008, 03:11:00 PM

It could be anyone.

Which is dumb.

Quote from: Yam on August 13, 2008, 07:20:02 PM

It could be anyone.

Which is dumb.

It's dumb that someone could realistically walk up to you and try to snatch something out of your hands?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 18, 2008, 07:20:45 PM

It could be anyone.

Which is dumb.

It's dumb that someone could realistically walk up to you and try to snatch something out of your hands?

Go try that in real life. Purse snatchers prey on little old ladies and young girls for a reason.

Yeah, in real life, it would be realistically played out. In Arm, someone would go in the room, spam the command, and then be 3 rooms away. Realistically, you could probably pull out a sword and stab him.

Quote from: Yam on August 18, 2008, 07:24:49 PM
Quote from: Qzzrbl on August 18, 2008, 07:20:45 PM

It could be anyone.

Which is dumb.

Go try that in real life. Purse snatchers prey on little old ladies and young girls for a reason.

Yeah, in real life, it would be realistically played out. In Arm, someone would go in the room, spam the command, and then be 3 rooms away. Realistically, you could probably pull out a sword and stab him.

Right. Realistically you could pull out a sword, stab someone, and loot their shit. That's why we're able to do it IG. Realistically, you could try to wrestle an item out of another person's hand on the pain of the someone calling guards on you. And there are little old ladies and young girls to prey on IG too.

Plus, I've wrestled stuff away from other people RL, and sure, it can be hard. But it's not impossible.

Well, I think I'm done with this one. It's been the same argument since I first posted.

I'm not really going to worry about it being implemented. Since it wont.

Good idea though.

A 'snatch' command.

That would snatch something out of the hands of the target. E.g. something that they are holding. Obviously with skills checks and a high chance of failure. Also success/failure should be dependant on the object, and a much lower chance of success if said item is a weapon (a wielded weapon is likely to be clutched onto to more tightly), and a high chance of injury+failure if you try to grab a sharp weapon.

That would be cool.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game