Mounted combat changed?

Started by Greve, July 13, 2008, 07:12:06 PM

Have there been any changes to mounted combat lately? I'm finding it pretty much impossible to stay on my war beetle in a fight, even though my character is a highly skilled rider. In fact, he gets thrown off literally every few seconds. Used to be that a ranger could expect to do fairly well in that regard even from the beginning, and certainly once they branch that one skill, but my recent attempts have just been disastrous. Anyone with similar experiences?

There were some changes to ride recently, yes–it was made 'grainier', so to speak, rather than just being a always-succeed/always-fail sort of setup.

Rangers are still the best riders and mounted combatants, though, so this is probably nothing a few days of IC experience won't fix.

Your problem might have to do with the ride skill (moving the mount, at least,) recently being changed to reflect the conditions. Say, if you're trying to move your mount through wind and across some dunes, that's much easier to fail at than guiding it down a simple road in a city in perfect weather.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.