Give & Encumbrance Solutions

Started by Morgenes, July 08, 2008, 04:24:28 PM

How should the potential abuse due to give and the new encumbrance penalties to combat.

Nogive toggle that stops people from being able to give things to you
17 (21%)
'Bulky' items are automatically dropped when you are attacked or attack.
45 (55.6%)
Nothing, I like the possibility.
19 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 81

Why do we need any option at all?  If someone hands you a big, heavy bag full of severed elven dicks to slow you down in combat, there's nothing stopping you from just giving it back to them.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

Quote from: Ashes on July 13, 2008, 05:58:18 PM
Why do we need any option at all?  If someone hands you a big, heavy bag full of severed elven dicks to slow you down in combat, there's nothing stopping you from just giving it back to them.

Because you'll probably be hit for 60 hit points before you notice that someone gave you a back of dicks, and then hit for 60 more while trying to type drop all.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Point taken.
she said slow down this train
slow down the iron that runs in my veins

look

A raider stands here, weapons drawn

Raider says: Drop your pack or you die.

give raider log
give raider log
give raider log
give raider log

ep lumberaxe

kill raider

You do unspeakable damage to a raider's neck with your chop.
raider lets out a cry of pain
raider drops to the ground
May God have mercy on my foes, because I wont.

Quote from: mansa on July 13, 2008, 06:28:54 PM
Quote from: Ashes on July 13, 2008, 05:58:18 PM

Because you'll probably be hit for 60 hit points before you notice that someone gave you a back of dicks, and then hit for 60 more while trying to type drop all.

Which you would then email about, and it would be blatant abuse, and you'd probably get your character back anyway.
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

My understanding is that the staff do not give out resurrections for characters killed by code abuse.  I could be wrong, though.

You know ... I still have not had a chance to fight under these new restrictions. Anybody notice a huge difference?
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

July 21, 2008, 03:46:01 PM #82 Last Edit: July 21, 2008, 03:48:36 PM by Desertman
Quote from: Marauder Moe on July 21, 2008, 09:49:06 AM
My understanding is that the staff do not give out resurrections for characters killed by code abuse.  I could be wrong, though.

This is true, they only give characters back if you die from a code glitch....

Sometimes.

I have seen people get rezzed after accidentally fireballing themselves, I have seen them get rezzed after accidently running off the Shield Wall (Twice with the same PC actually, this was back before the "insta-stop no fall" code was put in). I have seen them get rezzed for accidentally walking into the Sea of Silt. And I have seen them get rezzed, this one is good, for accidentally eating something they posioned themselves and dieing.

None of which were code glitches, so my assumption is its very much based on character by character basis. 

I can kind of see why though, all of the above PC's were deeply involved in World plots, and as such, having them suddenly die and end thier important parts in these plots would be a huge bummer, not only for the staff pushing the plots, the player of the PC, but also for all of those PC's depending on the "now dead" PC for thier enjoyment.

Not everything is black and white, if you think you deserve a rez, regardless of how you died, send in a email, it does happen often enough that its worth your time to try and get your pc back.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on July 21, 2008, 03:28:47 PM
You know ... I still have not had a chance to fight under these new restrictions. Anybody notice a huge difference?

Y-E-S

:o