Tell your first character's story...

Started by NoteworthyFellow, July 03, 2008, 11:24:45 AM

I can't say anything about my first character as it hasn't been a year, but I will say it involved "A tight ('rinthi) alley, a NPC, and being backstabbed... twice.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

First char I remember..Probably was actually my second or third..

Was a 'rinther assassin called Zakal. Totally clueless when I started but somehow got caught up with the Guild (didn't even know it was the Guild til about 12 days playtime)..Somehow managed to live for 23 days playtime and do some pretty awesome stuff before I was killed for seemingly little to no reason. That -did- start a bit of a war in the 'rinth though, and I heard imms animated the NPCs in the bar to come back me up after I died, not sure if that ones true though..

That whole char was fucking awesome though.
Free your hate.

Eight years ago (edit: I think?), I made a new character in Red Storm and walked it into the Sea of Silt because I didn't know any better. After I repopped, I got lost in a storm and did it again. When I found out that my character was permanently dead, I got angry and didn't play again for the next four years.

Quote from: Melody on January 04, 2009, 12:57:29 AM
Lunette was my first character.

I was so noobie, I made the character first and /then/ read up all the document. In my background, my character taught herself to read and write. By the way, she got accepted with that background, too.

She was very beautiful, all pale and porcelain and f-me. I had no concept Arm is a desert world. She got snapped up into Atrium, there was a bug with the npc guard, I got stuck and got so bored I wrote a newbie diary on this forum.
She spent the majority of her time as Ceylara's aide in training.
Was given 5000 sids to buy wine for Atrium, but after Atrium closed down, ahem, kept all the sids. Did spent like 100 to say hey I brought some wine!
Annoy the proprietor of Atrium by flirting with him repeatedly. I used to get some kind of ooc kick out of it.
Upset some luvly Fale noble, who had a templar beat the shit out of her in Bard's. Got a sexy scar.
Had another Borsail noble wanting to steal her from Ceylara and paid another templar 2000 just to rescue her.
Got ripped off by some Guildee.
Got apprenticed under the ultra assassin Yellow Belly without ever learning codes from him. Or used backstab.
Had a tearful goodbye to see a Tor Scorpion off the Copper War with his brother (Faold?) guarding the Bard's Barrel balcony.
Consorted with an ungemmed drovian.
Had two drovian shadows fought for her lap space in Ceylara's room. I didn't know what to do or how to react when I saw pages of spam involving Someone hits someone.....
The first time she tried to steal out of Allanak to visit the drovian in Red Storm, she got found out by the npc concubine. So...
Promptly got kidnapped by her own allies into Tuluk so she'd avoid Borsail retribution.
Schemed with her drovian lover to join Plainsman's camp and become a sorcerer (had no idea wtf a sorcerer is at the time).
Stirred some kind of rescue team back in Nak.
Got thoroughly fed up with Tuluk and begged to go back to Nak, death or not....
... and died on the north road to a halfling backstab.

That is all I can remember! She lived for 6 months, seen lots of pcs coming and going due to the Copper War. Damn wasn't the sids sweet at the time. People would ask her to buy stuffs and then die off the next day. I pocketed all the sids. I remember being bored out of mind when two nobles were chatting so I'd scoff at them using thinks and feels. Then got baffled (WTF, my char is alive!) when some psi made her think back at herself. I thought it was a script...

Edit: She was an assassin/physician.  Damn didn't I branch all the non combat skills... that was when I got addicted to listen skill.

You have no idea how many assassination attempts you avoided by simple, blind luck.

You are still one of my favorite people to hunt. 
Yes. Read the thread if you want, or skip to page 7 and be dismissive.
-Reiloth

Words I repeat every time I start a post:
Quote from: Rathustra on June 23, 2016, 03:29:08 PM
Stop being shitty to each other.

budalo (dead)
Guild: Ranger Subguild: Nomad Race: Human  14 hours

Bubalo was from a nomadic tribe.(ooc: not two minutes after existing) Bubalo is in Nak at the Bazaar, looking for food (ooc:at which time they still didn't start you with water or food.) and water, he is asked by a stranger if he can spar any change, He gives the person ten precious sid. The stranger tells Bubalo "I know where to mine some sid, come with me and we will make some coins. Bubalo, weary of such an off looks questioningly at this stranger and then says "No thanks, maybe in the morning, right now I have to meet some friends." The stranger says " Come with me or I'll kill you." Bubalo says "Try it you fuck." and runs.
Later Bubalo not knowing anything of the land wanders west to find the salt flats that are east. We wonders into the caverns, out of water be attacks a lizard, and has his but kicked, he retreats and wanders lost, finds a place to climb up, slowly dehydrating, he reaches the first landing. Breathing hard, no longer sweating as he has no water in his body to help release the heat, Bubalo attempts to climb higher, reaching a trembling hand to the lip of the next landing, is over come with dizziness, passes out falls and breaks his neck, yet not completely dead, has no energy, no strength to lift himself and dies of thirst. Buzzard meat.
The funny little foreign man

I often hear the jingle to -Riunite on ice- when I read the estate name Reynolte, eve though there ain't no ice in Zalanthas.

Kalsam was mine.  He was a human warrior bard.  My friend got me in Arm and also he got me in the Byn.  Some how I quit Arm (for some reason) and come back after three months.  Kalsam was one year older and I stored him.  Don't remember him that well.  But he was my first.

Quote from: Malifaxis on January 13, 2009, 10:19:41 AM

You have no idea how many assassination attempts you avoided by simple, blind luck.

You are still one of my favorite people to hunt. 

Of course, the blind luck may also have something to do with the fact that for 5 months, I thought the only way to go from Gaj to Bard's Barrel was to.... go east from Caravan's Road, pass the Circle, go down from Templar's Way, then go west from Miner's... THEN go north to enter Bard's.

Don't even ask me how I managed to get lost INSIDE the templar tunnel before the lava pit spurted up.
Don't piss me off. I'm running out of places to hide the bodies.

after coming straight from MUSHING (my emotes were legit stupid LONG), i created "antigone" (completely random name for some greek play, was a girl's name, I cringe at it now) some tall, skinny ranger who maybe left the Tuluk once or twice. Joined Winrothol under the great Sargeant.. I forget the name (leathery, blotched dwarf?), and Dakkan! (the halfgiant)  Great times!

For some reason Antigone decides to desert the house (I think it was OOC boredom), and not realizing this is a death sentence, hangs around as a beggar before joining up with Salarr and hiding out there.

An assasination attempt later.. Antigone barely avoids execution is enslaved by the House Winrothol. He earns back his freedom, participates in a daring venture with several Winrothol compadres to the Allanaki city, where everything goes wrong, the Sargeant is kidnapped, and the whole city is looking for northerners. My character is cloaked, heading towards the stables, when he is asked by a passing noble if he has seen another northereners lurking about, at which my character simply shakes his head, refusing to speak, and gets away.

An intense funeral later.. and under a new Sargeant.. Antigone participates in an assassination committed by the Sargeant, and is put out as a scapegoat.. and summarily is executed by the templarate all the while swearing loyalty to Winrothol.

All of my character's have sucked ever since. I think it's cuz I never joined a guild after that, heh.

Quote from: Synthesis on December 22, 2008, 04:58:31 PM
The first character that really drew me in was this three-eyed dwarf Bynner I had many years ago.

I was sitting in the Gaj one day, and I overheard some Borsail noble's concubine talking shit about me, so I Wayed her to tell her to knock it off.  She Wayed me back insulting me even more, and threatening to do nasty things to me, etc.

So I put a barrier up, and completely forgot about it afterward.  About 3 minutes later, I try to contact my Sergeant for some unrelated reason, and I get the message "You can't seem to get in touch with your psionics."  Now, this was the old message you got when you tried to use the Way when you had your barrier up, but I had no idea what was going on.

I was -certain- this bitch who was talking all this mad shit about me was a mindbender, and was fucking with my head, so I did the only irrational thing:  I jumped out of my seat, drew swords, and started hacking her up.  About this time, old Berlian walks in, rescues her, and proceeds to hammer me silly.  I think I ended up getting tortured and executed in prison shortly thereafter.

But man, I look back on that and just have to laugh at my newbish stupidity.

I know this is a stale thread, but oh my god.  That was you?  That was _MY_ first real character that drew me in. I remember being completely and utterly baffled about you accusing me of being a mindbender.  I walked with a limp for weeks :)

July 09, 2009, 10:05:33 PM #159 Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:14:15 PM by Akoto
I've had so many characters over the years, I'm not quite certain of which one came first! I'm fairly certain that it was a Gemmed Vivaduan. He was hired by House Oash to keep their water barrels filled, and hung out with a fellow employee, a Krathi. This was well before the now defunct Council of Mages, and so getting a clan job seemed like a big deal!

I can't recall what happened to the Vivaduan, but it was a great - if uneventful - introductory experience. Magick became one of my favorite elements of the theme, and that role led to many other mages and sorcerers.

My first PC:

A mutated teenage girl up in Tuluk.

I remember writing in her background that she was the illegitimate child of some low ranking noble and a commoner (I didn't notice until two ooc  weeks after starting to play her that the person who approved my app made the noble a noble's aide.)

She comes into the game and I'm.... completely lost. For the first two weeks I kept the 'help emotes' page open on the helpfiles on the site.

Shortly after coming into the game she meets with Zalranris Tenneshi and he asks her to bring him a sample of her work after she talks a bit about her woodworking. She nods, decides she will.

I get my friend to make a character, winds up being a ranger named Auryn.

They end up meeting after not having known each other since they were kids. I start going out to the edge of the Grey and practicing my 'woodworking'. Eventually, a halfling comes up and knocks her unconscious. After he knocks her to 1/3 of her HP, she started whimpering and bleeding everywhere and trying to curl into the fetal position.

The halfling went through her stuff and took some wine, then bandaged her up and drug her just north of the Scaien Gates and left her, then stayed towatch her wake up. Her started growling at her and backing away slowly.

Naturally, first thing -I- do is have her limp to the Sanctuary and bleed all over the place until the Chosen Consort comes in and takes (pity?) on her. After a week of me not being able to find the Tenneshi, when she's offered food and water and the occasional coin for being the CC's partisan.

(I had the sample of her woodworking in her pack for like a week before this happened).

Well, of course, in my inexperience, I decide the perfect place to get her wood is.... the exact same place she got attacked. (Secret reasoning: I'll just look around first and check to make sure no one's coming up on me).

That worked really well until the invisible man, I think a sorceror, came up, surrounded her on all sides with walls of sand so she couldn't move, then started talking to her. Thusly, she got recruited to watch Corporal Valin.

Now, of course, she wasn't about to tell anyone that this happened to her. So she just starts looking around for other places to harvest wood.

Meanwhile, during her off time, she manages to lose her virginity to recruit Rakius of His Legions. And get pregnant. As someone as manic-depressive and abused as she grew up being, it came out.... horribly. She eventually lost the baby, almost died because of it.

But not before getting to do an OOC week or two of professional tavern sitting to try and gather information since CC understood she was in no condition to be getting cut down by halflings.

Meanwhile, a few weeks before, she'd met Dream and Hawk, and wound up in 'luv' with Hawk. Seemed like both of them knew and found it amusing to no end. Especially the zharal lozenge Hawk gave her. +3 to whoever played him. And Dream, for being the only one besides some random breed out in the scrub who ever even mentioned her horns. :)

Her and Rakius are still together, over the course of a few weeks, several people die to a carru, following her out to the grove where she does her lumber gathering. Chaska informs her he saw Rakius flirting with someone else. She flies off the handle, but doesn't really say anything to Rakius about it. Instead, she bitches about it to several people. Eventually, most of Tuluk is shunning him.

He's miserable, she's miserable. Same invisible magicker starts hanging out out at her grove sometimes and talking to her, leaving her steaks and ginka fruit (she actually had a ginka fetish, but that was tied to her crush on Tenneshi), one time, he brought her two war beetles, packed down with stuff. She took the stuff, stabled the beetles, and gave the tickets to CC without telling her where they came from.

Eventually, in my own stupidity, I wound up putting in a storage request. During the interval between, she managed to meet another silver haired woman she percieved Rakius as flirting with. My Pc's name: Sira, the other one: Zira. Both had silver hair. So she took Zira in and didn't tell her anything about the story she'd shared with others about her aunt who used to cut her and beat her and molest her. Instead, she introduced Zira as her aunt.

She met and became infatuated with Lasher Al'Seik. Then, eventually, of course, she was stored.

That's probably the dumbest ooc things I've ever done regarding Arm. Man I wish I could play her again.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

July 10, 2009, 01:27:21 AM #161 Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 01:29:01 AM by drasik
My first 3 characters were short lived attempts at learning this game. Then came my glorious 4th and 5th characters which lead me deeper into this game at the time.

4th Character : Fralen - Warrior/Guard  
Lasted 10 days.

Started out in 'Nakk, joined up with the Arm, but something happened (ooc boredom or something) and he ended up heading to Luirs. After talking with someone there he joined the Fist. Had alot of fun there, in fact I really learned the game with that character. Better emotes and better playing. Sorry if I don't remember all of you guys but I have a poor memory. Everyone I played with here was just absolutely awesome. I loved it every minute.

5th Character : Varanes - Ranger/Mercenary
Lasted 11 days.

Did some screwing around but ended up joining the Byn, had alot of fun with this guy, I remember playing with Manji and a few others. Probably one of my better played characters to date.  This guy was fun got to see a bit of Tuluk as I had never played at all up there.

I'm still currently on my 6th character amazingly enough. So eh, maybe you guys remember me, maybe you don't.
Don't listen to me, I'm only a newb.

Started when the south was occupying the north. Made a guy, looked around and didn't see any players, wondered what the fuck was going on until someone spam rode by on a kank. Finally figured out to enter the village of Freil's rest before I died of dehydration. Got it into my idea to enter stuff. Thought I could get a job in one of the work camps I saw. Apparently there was a billion aggressive npcs in them :P.

My first few characters were 'rinthers who died within a few hours played.

My first real character was Phala the dwarf burglar who had a crappy past, whose parents were 'rinthers who moved southside successfully only to meet personal  disaster, and whose focus was basically "rise in social rank." I was expecting a cool, difficult struggle to become wealthy and influential through my burglary skills. Instead, I was sitting in the Gaj and somehow got recruited into House Tor (I didn't bow to the Tor noble who recruited me, which got me newbie sympathy points I think). That pretty much determined the path she was going to take.

My stats were pretty badass and I was a dwarf with the guard subguild, so being a burglar didn't stop her from excelling within the academy. Her "difficult" path of gaining social respect become a straight shot of waiting for promotion. In the meantime, I got to be involved in some pretty interesting plots, met rogue magickers, nearly got eaten alive by a Giant, survived falling down a 10+ room pit in a sekrit place, and fell off the Shield Wall while riding an argosy. Along the way she completed her cadet period and made full Scorpion, and her PC leader gave her a really badass clan-specific sword.

I tried to practice my lockpicking, sneaking, and listening skills, but really I just ended up wishing I had rolled her as an assassin or warrior. She ended up too safe, and I was having trouble finding an interesting way to expand her focus because it seemed like the realistic way to play it would to be sit with Tor and eventually earn further promotions. I toyed with the idea of having her getting involved with her 'rinthi roots and creating conflict that way, but I decided it was too unrealistic. Her simply waiting to get promoted within House Tor was the logical path, but one I wasn't interested in playing out. I ended up storing her around when there was a leadership shakeup at House Tor with a lull in activity, and I kind of regret it. All in all, though, she was a good character for learning the game.

Going along with the same vein of "my first real character"....

Following a number of mostly forgetable characters, I began to grow a better appreciation for the game as a whole when I was invited by Hot_Dancer to join this d-elf tribe he was creating and recruiting for.  It was the character's I'd made in early days of the Soh Lahna Kah that opened up my eyes to much of the wealth of culture that Zalanthas has.

After quite a number of characters later, and a few RL years, I rolled up a young Elkran named Rahal, who ended up being called "Rahaj" which she tacked on as an alternate name.  I was with her that I began to appreciate and get into more of the "social" roles and aspects of the world, intsead of mostly combat and exploration.  Running around as a rogue magicker, involving herself with the Council in Exile, being intimidated and told to spy on the rebel Council leaders by Lord Templar Shiran (I think that was his name) Oash of the Blue, then turning around and spilling her guts about it to the ones she was told to spy on.  Digging up and finding components for certain long saught after spells and items.  Generally confusing and mashing up "city culture" and terms.  And only branching a single spell during the few weeks and 5 days of total playing time that she lived.  It was a blast.

My first truly (as I see it) fleshed out character, with a background that haunted her and enough of an IC hisotry to grow beyond just her starting personality, would have been Farseer (whatever it was) and Seeker Kara of the Council of Allanaki Mages.  There was a woman with more issues than I'd thrown into any of my PCs until the time.  I, as a player, also developed an appreciation and deep respect for those leaders who managed to keep their underlings happily occupied.  I never really felt like I was able to do that, myself.
Quote from: Dalmeth
I've come to the conclusion that relaxing is not the lack of doing anything, but doing something that comes easily to you.

I created an elven pickpocket for my first character.  I was completely newb and was running around emoting with NPC's and trying to pick their pockets.

Well, an NPC yelled at me, and a player must of heard it.  I got approached by a figured in a cloak and told that I would have to give 50percent of my pickpocket earnings to him or else he'd stick me with a knife when I wasn't looking.

I believe at the time I was a desert-elf, so I was like, I'm not getting extorted by some guy claiming this is his city, so I went out into the desert.

I ventured for a time, getting lost, and eventually falling into a hole of some kind.  I couldn't climb out of the hole, I kept slipping.  I was stuck trying to yell for someone to help... Nobody came...  I eventually died from thirst/hunger.

That alone got me hooked on the game.  The fact I got extorted by some assassin type, and that I died out in the desert made me love Arm.

You never know whats going to happen.  Fastforward a few years and I'm back to playing(as I just stopped playing muds pretty much after that, real life circumstances).

I already told my first character's story in this thread. By the time he died, I had a good grasp on the game blah blah blah. Now I want to tell the story of a -better- character, and the first one where I think I really nailed it.

For a while, I had been playing a dwarf warrior who went on all sorts of great adventures and witnessed cool IG events (his story from the gith invasion is fucking sweet, but another time, another time), but I had gotten to a point where I wanted to play something a little... darker. So I stored him and wrote up Khel, a 'Rinthi burglar. I wish I could say that Khel developed into a badass criminal rolling in the 'sid with connections all over the Known, but I can't. He was just a total scumbag that -wanted- those things. It wasn't long before he fell in with a gang headed by a mutant called Patches and the fun began.

At the time, it seemed that Patches and anyone connected with him were the targets of this rogue Elkran running around the alleys, so the crew did the only logical thing: they hiked all the way to fucking RED STORM to wait till that magicker got deaded. The gang was highly entertaining, though, so it was pretty fun and lead to one of my favorite Arm moments...

When the gang first got to Storm, they got set up in a place and decided that they were going to show those hicks in the village how badass they were by taking over the alleys down there. They got all warspiced and pumped up, ready to kick some serious ass. They walked into an alley like they owned the place, looking for trouble... and they found it! I just remember Khel getting fucking pwned and someone yelling "Shit! They got a mul!" before the gang was thoroughly routed. I don't know, that story still makes me chuckle.

Anyway, living in Storm sucked for Khel. Eventually, he walked back on his own, and was chased by not one but -two- wild beetles. He swore off the wastes forever once he reached Allanak. Back in the 'Rinth, Khel came to the realization that basically everyone he rolled with was dead, with the exception of a young woman named Sister (who went by Hero southside, if I remember (I should note that Khel never went by an alias 'cause he was so fucking BAD and wanted everyone to know his name  ::) )). She stayed in touch with Khel, but decided that she was going to keep southside and try to make a real living. She bugged Khel to come down and stay with her and change his ways, but he was always like "Psh, fuck 'at noise, I'ma stay in th' alleys where there ain't no fuckin' robes t' push me 'round." So he did, and Sister eventually BLEW HERSELF THE FUCK UP at the Gaj. That kind of flavored the rest of my time with Khel, as he viewed Sister as a lost opportunity at really starting a life. Some of her last words to him haunted him till his death as well: "You're a good man, Khel."

In the meantime, Khel had many burglarly-related misadventures and eventually fell in with a murderous, spice-addled half-giant named Traum. Traum was probably one of the best-played half-giants I've seen, and he's one of my favorite characters I've interacted with. He was fucking scary, but Khel was determined to use him as his personal weapon of ultimate destruction. The only problem was that he found himself getting sympathetic towards the tortured giant. It was really fun playing with him. Traum went on to kill a man who I was pretty sure randomly backstabbed Khel one day in the alleys. That murder lead to Khel's death... but I'm getting there.

Traum and Khel used to talk shit about the "cuntsh" southside, especially the templars. However, one day while Khel was doing some work southside, he ran into everyone's favorite one-eyed Red. They caught each other's eye and all of Khel's bravado evaporated. Samos interviewed him right on Meleth's and Khel was terrified. All of a sudden, Traum is in his head asking if he's all right, because he sees Khel with that templar, and does Khel need him to run in there and kill the templar?  :D Khel was like "Dude, no! This is a -Red-, man, he's got a fuckin' metal sword! I'm freakin' out!" Khel was eventually let go, and I got a nice comment from a staffer on how he handled it. Khel had many more little adventures, but I think I'll wrap this up now.

Khel was executed in the 'Rinth in an awesome scene. He pissed off the wrong people with his shenanigans, and when faced with death he cried like a little bitch. He regretted not taking Sister up on her offer then, and that's what he dwelled upon until the end. He was given a poison tablet to end it himself. The last thought to drift through his head as his body was tossed onto a trash heap (and a split second before the mantis head) was Sister saying "You're a good man, Khel."

That character was tons of fun, and I found myself with magicker karma when I went to make a new character. Heavily influenced by my experiences playing Khel, I went on to roll up a really fucked up Whiran who ended up being my -favorite- character... But that one's too recent.  :)

Quote from: nessalin on July 11, 2016, 02:48:32 PM
Trunk
hidden by 'body/torso'
hides nipples

Humm,
My first character AFTER I came back from an extended loa was a shade, the sun-darkened dwarf, eventually becomming the earless, sun-darkened dwarf I believe.
almost 70 days on him, Lots of fun
Thanks for that all of Kadius Tor Gold and others, even the templars that /t unit kill sun during the wars. Killed me twice that way I think same guy... heh heh

Two dwarves get into a small fist-fray over who owns a pile of dung at the roadside.

You think:
     "Get your shit together"

Character 9. Emma. She's the one character in whom my Arm experienced first really blossomed fully. I'm feeling nostalgic about her tonight so here's her tale, shortened somewhat.

I started her off, vaguely planning to make her into a whore. She was a warrior, but I wanted to do something else, different. I met a man in the Gaj, and I can't even remember his desc or name, but he was from Red Storm. He was recruiting people to come down and work for him there. Little bit iffy circumstances but I jumped on the chance and to this day I'm glad I did.

He had a wife, and a second-in-command who was a mul. The calico-skinned mul, or something like that. Turns out they wanted people to hunt spice for them, which they in turn were going to sell to Kurac or something along those lines. They had ties to Kurac, loose ones at best. The other guy I was with ran off but I stayed to hunt spice. It was fun, other than the constant threat of silt flyers. I liked the group. Especially the mul.

And yeah, my human had a relationship with a mul. I was relatively new. If it was happening now I probably wouldn't have gone down that road, but I did and it caused me to make some choices that led to some very interesting rp.

Anyway, one day I went out early in the ic week to hunt the spice to find a wall of sand on one side of the north entrance from Storm. And a templar and a bunch of 'naki troops the other way. Believing it to be about the spice, I dropped my sack and took off, only to be caught by some militia man and brought back to the templar. I believe this was none other than Insahn, though he was a bluerobe then. Though it might have been Sathis. I so wish I'd been better about logging this stuff back then.

I was taken back to 'nak and thrown in the prison once I admitted who I worked for. And left there, literally for hours that day. I spent that time frantically trying to way the family and warn them. Managed to get the calico mul to find out that they'd been after the whole group. The mul and the wife got away. They had no idea what happened to my employer. After being hauled out of the cell I was told he was captured and was talen to Meleth's Circle, to watch them execute him. They said he was a mindbender, something that completely blew my mind. I'd never seen him do anything odd. The whole scene was so well-done, even imms having someone throwing rotten fruit at the man before he was beheaded. I reacted by puking upon the half-giant who was holding me in place to watch the scene. I was released. The wife was sent her husband's dismembered foot.

I wasn't sure what to do, was offered a job by Oash, which I took, but promptly ran away from the city, finding the mul and wife and mounting up on a ride that seemed to take forever, in the dark of night. Though probably it was because I sucked at riding. We met a man who took us to the BlackMoon camp. And thus began Emma's career as a blacmoon raider. She and the mul lived in the camp for a good long time, training, hunting, and raiding with the group and Sandman/Bushman. I learned how frustrating really being a raider was. So many people would spamrun away. Though I did wind up taking an item of some guy's clothes as a trophy once. I kept it.

Eventually many or our companions were hunted down by Sathis and Insahn. Including our PC leader at the time. After a long time of this the mul and I split off with the group and headed to Storm, where we kept our heads down and just made sid trading there. We were there when an imm-run NPC contacted me via the way to say the hideout had been breeched by the nakis, and most of our people killed or enslaved.

After a while, I wound up storing Emma. Now I wish I'd done something more spectacular with her at her end. Hunted down the templars, or something. But it was my first involvement with some very badass characters in some very exciting times. Many characters later I still hated those templars, though now I think they just did their roles quite well.

Just figured you all would be interested in this. Wish I had the logs.
Quote from: brytta.leofa on August 17, 2010, 07:55:28 PM
A glossy, black-shelled mantis says, in insectoid-accented sirihish,
  "You haven't picked enough cotton, friend."
Choose thy fate:

You win a kudo. Congrats.
Quote from: Niamh on September 24, 2009, 02:28:12 PM
Remember, you're never in trouble if you don't get caught!

Quote from: Wyx on June 28, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
Besides, the players know best

Quote from: shadeoux on July 26, 2009, 03:17:49 PM
Humm,
My first character AFTER I came back from an extended loa was a shade, the sun-darkened dwarf, eventually becomming the earless, sun-darkened dwarf I believe.
almost 70 days on him, Lots of fun
Thanks for that all of Kadius Tor Gold and others, even the templars that /t unit kill sun during the wars. Killed me twice that way I think same guy... heh heh

Let me necro this thread...

I played back in the early 90's before there was accounts, but I never really go into it.  I was in college at the time, and would be on every once in a while, but there was a limit of 40 players, so it was always full when I tried to get on in the evenings, and it was closed for "quest day" on Saturday, and Sunday was Immortal maintenance day.

When I started playing again in the early 2000s , I remember shade.  I met him with my first character when I started playing again.  He helped me out a fair amount with my first two character, taking them hunting and showing me around.  My first character had a sdesc of the tall dark man, which lead to keyword confusion anytime someone wore one of the rinthi cloaks, and of course my name was like 10 characters long.  I would go out hunting with shade for a while killing scrabs.  I kept trying to join the Byn, but since I was playing from Europe, I could never find a sergeant online.  When I finally did, I was admitted to the Byn, and the found out most of the time I was playing, I was the only one on, which lead to a lot of boredom.  I eventually though I had enough skills go kill scrabs, so I went by myself hunting and promptly died.

My next character was also a ranger, so he would forage for food.  There was a message from one of the nobles on the rumor board saying he was looking for certain herbs and roots, so I met him in the traders, and showed him the roots I had.  He told me to follow him back to his compound and he would show me the types of herbs and roots he was looking for.  I followed him back into the Noble quarter, was drugged, tied up, and dissected.

Many deaths followed.  Another facepalm newbie moment was when I found the corpse of someone out in the wild with some berries on them, one of them partially eaten.  I figured, score, some food, and proceeded to eat the berries and poison myself.  Only then did I realize why the dead guy died with partially eaten berries....
Vettrock

Pc: "Newblar the whats-a-mud"
Assassin / ? Subguild

Achievements Unlocked:
- Ask someone in a completely sketchy manner where to locate methinoloc while in a tavern
- Contact some person who acted shy around me over the way and tell them not to be such a wuss
- Walk into shop stall and attempt to train first ever backstab on NPC vendor
- Spend next five-minutes fleeing / escaping subdues from guards
- Get outside gate entirely in one piece
- Realize I have no goddamn clue where Luirs is at all
- Die of exposure

Total runtime: ...At least an hour.

Only Regret: I didn't know what 'score' was and will never know if they were OP or just lucky evading 10 arrest attempts in a row

Quote from: Vettrock on June 07, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
I followed him back into the Noble quarter, was drugged, tied up, and dissected.

I feel my life will be incomplete if I don't get a log of this. This encompasses Armageddon.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Desertman on June 10, 2014, 04:30:46 PM
Quote from: Vettrock on June 07, 2014, 12:11:53 PM
I followed him back into the Noble quarter, was drugged, tied up, and dissected.

I feel my life will be incomplete if I don't get a log of this. This encompasses Armageddon.

I second that.
Czar of City Elves.

My PC was a pickpocket who never picked any pockets in his life, except maybe once as a trick which did not end well.

He was a Clerk for the AoD, but his true loyalties were with someone who ended up getting him into a lot of trouble by association. He ended up being threatened from all directions, and freaked.

He fled to Luir's and got the deadly sdesc change, then was found. He was about to be escorted back to Allanak when he got killed by a gith.

He lived a pretty long time for a first character, I think, and did pretty well, although I didn't play too risky for the most part.

It's been tough to get into characters after that one. I was really emotionally invested.