Armor absorption/damage ratio

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, July 02, 2008, 01:44:34 PM

Quote from: Morgenes on July 02, 2008, 03:45:51 PM
FWIW, I've changed the tailor code to alter the weight of all items that are tailored in ratio to the new size.  See help size for a relative list of sizes.

Wow...just, wow. I never even thought about this, but now that you mention it, that makes perfect sense. Thanks a ton for this little change. It should definitely help.  ;D

July 02, 2008, 08:04:02 PM #26 Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 08:10:58 PM by flurry
Quote from: NoteworthyFellow on July 02, 2008, 03:46:17 PM
Quote from: a strange shadow on July 02, 2008, 03:42:29 PM
It really sucks for the people who started young and lived to maturity, though. The stats you get when rolling up an adult are not the stats you get when living through to adulthood.

This is a derail, so I'll stop this here, but personally, I think that the coded bonuses/penalties for age should automatically happen as your character ages, regardless of what age he/she was when he/she was created.  If this already happens, well, color me surprised, but if it doesn't, I don't see any reason why it shouldn't.

There was a point where the staff said these would happen automatically, but I don't think they do. I've never seen a stat budge and I haven't heard of it happening, either.

It sure seems like a bug. I would love to see this fixed.
"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - Shirley Jackson, The Haunting of Hill House

I put in a request on the matter with a long lived PC and was told it was auto...But, If it was that PC should have seen a change when I put in the request. I've also never seen a change or heard of anybody else ever seeing a change.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I've had two pcs live from "young", to "adult", to "mature" and I've never seen a stat change.

Thank you Morgenes. That is awesome.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

and so it came to pass that the 4th of july was the day that the average size of zalanthan human warriors went from 78 inches to 63 inches

I'm just kidding, great change, I think it's good that the combat-related code is finally getting some serious attention