Simple Coin Code Suggestion

Started by halfbreed, May 02, 2003, 07:54:31 PM

I'm sure this has been suggested before but I couldn't find a post, so here goes.

Any way you can put coins in your pack, belt, or whatever by saying "put coins pack" instead of specifying an amount?  If an amount is stated, put that number of coins, but if not, then just place all coins in the specified location.

As a bonus, being able to take only a specific # of coins out of a location would be nice too...  "get 200 coins pack"
---------------------------------
The Artist Formerly Known as Breg

Yes, both of these have been on my wishlist for ages.

I like both ideas, though I like the second even more, if only one could be picked.

It's unnerving to be in a place where you want to take your coins out, but not all of them - because you don't wanna deal with some thief grabbing 1000 'sids you were holding to pay the rent, or pay the merchant, or whatever.

If I'm waiting to pay someone and I'm sitting there at the table..and offering him a drink I'm not gonna be pulling out 1000 coins. I'll pull out just a handful of the pile.

I *could* keep 20 piles of coins in my pack, but then there's the issue of pulling out the wrong one, or the screen scroll and general annoyance involved while you keep putting coins pack get 2.pile pack get 3.pile pack til you have the one you want.

Oh good suggestion.  I'd love to see that one implemented.

-DW

Quote from: "Bestatte"
I *could* keep 20 piles of coins in my pack, but then there's the issue of pulling out the wrong one, or the screen scroll and general annoyance involved while you keep putting coins pack get 2.pile pack get 3.pile pack til you have the one you want.

I like the idea, but I'd just thought I'd sugest keeping two piles of coins in two locations here.  I usually keep my big money in a secure location like my pack.  But then I have a second pile of money, usually less than 100 coins, that I keep in a less secure place, like a pocket in my cloak or other garment.  When I'm just hanging out I might even keep my spending money in my inventory in a virtual pouch.  This means I don't have to open my pack (putting all my money, plus my keys or other important possesions) at risk every time I want to buy an ale.  It also leaves a certain amount of coin available to starving pickpockets, they have to eat too.   :)

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

On a similar note, I tend to keep my 'wad' of cash in my pack, and my petty change in a pocket.

Like if I had a pile of 638 Id put 600 in my pack and keep 38 in my pocket.

Anyways... thats all

I run just like AC, secure, less secure and easy, and for the same reasons even, plus the possible excitment/rp what have you if one tries and fails or is noticed.

I'm also looking for an animal, other then a gurth that I can stick in my pack and train to bite hands other then my chars.

An elf suddenly screams as he pulls his hand from a dwarf's backpack, a growling spiky bestatte attached firmly to his hand with teeth and claws, growling and glaring about the room.

A dwarf snickers and finishes his ale as the elf runs screaming from the tavern

***time passes***

A bloated bloodied, growling spiky bestatte enters the tavern, burps and walks to the dwarf.

A dwarf smiles at boated and bloodied growling spiky bestatte before stowing it safely back in his backpack.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Course, maybe Bestattes are no mean enough.....lets see here...
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Hey! I was only bloated LAST week! Keep up will ya?

*snarl*

Hey guys, thanks for letting me know where you keep your larger stashes of 'sid!   :shock: No, I do the same.  I keep a small amount in pockets for drinks and gambling, but the majority of coins are safely tucked away.

I don't believe your coins are in pack without a pouch or something. I IC'ly believe big amounts of money are always carried in pouches. Worthless pouches, so we don't need to buy them. That's why we can hold 2500 coins in our hands. So I don't believe it would be easy to poke your head and arms into your pack, opening the pouch and grabbing a handful of coins. If a pile is more than 50, I'll believe it's carried in a pouch made of worthless rat skin. Banks give out coins in these pouches, so do merchants. So no coins fall and get lost as you try to hold them all. Of course that's only my preference and just my two 'sids. (sorry for the copycat but it's a good place to use this phrase)
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]

The only things I tend to "protect" any more with a closed container is keys.  If I have a character who has 'sid, I tend to keep it in an open container.  Since most of my characters are not shady types, I figure they don't really know how to protect their coin from thieves effectively anyways, and if you are carrying around 500 sid or whatever, a thief could probably grab at least some of it.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

Quote...Since most of my characters are not shady types, I figure they don't really know how to protect their coin from thieves effectively anyways...

*chuckles* The first action of new characters is usually "put # coins pack;close pack"... It's my first action, too. Sorrily, if you're not playing a _rich_ character, it's a must. But nearly noone can protect everything from a thief. There's always a way, a non-twinkish way I believe. I just need to find it, and will find it.
quote="Ghost"]Despite the fact he is uglier than all of us, and he has a gay look attached to all over himself, and his being chubby (I love this word) Cenghiz still gets most of the girls in town. I have no damn idea how he does that.[/quote]