The tracks we leave behind ...

Started by musashi, June 27, 2008, 05:42:20 PM

Just something I noticed that bugged me.

The help files say that as far as height goes, though taller than humans, half-elves are no where near the height of their elven kin, they tend to be more like humans in that regard ... so ... why do they leave long-strided tracks?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Because tracks are viewed from a human perspective. The difference in height, I'd guess, is enough to make a distinction.

The easier answer, though, is "oversight".

I guess I'll buy that ... or I could just be flat out wrong ... for all I know the type of track could depend on what height you select at chargen ... so maybe a tall half-elf will leave tracks like that, but a short one won't. I dunno.  :-\

Hey, look, info in this thread I didn't want to know.

Generally when asking specific questions about the function of specific skills, you should use the request tool.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

June 27, 2008, 09:38:35 PM #4 Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 09:52:00 PM by musashi
Quote from: Tisiphone on June 27, 2008, 09:13:24 PM

Generally when asking specific questions about the function of specific skills, you should use the request tool.

I'm sorry to have ruined for you, the huge secret that happens the first time you use the "hunt" syntax in game and catch your own tracks (when playing a half-elf anyway). My bad.  :-\

Quote from: Sanvean on September 19, 2002, 07:51:48 PM
This is the place for discussion of the code: suggestions for improvements, feedback on changes, or questions that you have. Please avoid anything that might spoil things for a player that hasn't encountered whatever it is - for example, indepth discussion of a particular magick spell would be inappropriate. No flames!

I'm assuming a starting skill possessed by more than 1 guild/subguild does not fall under the "players probably haven't encountered this yet" section. If I'm incorrect in that ... well, sorry.

Quote from: musashi on June 27, 2008, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: Tisiphone on June 27, 2008, 09:13:24 PM

I'm sorry to have ruined for you, the huge secret that happens the first time you use the "hunt" syntax in game and catch your own tracks (when playing a half-elf anyway). My bad.  :-\

You should be.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I declare this thread null and void.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

What do we know?
Humans- Stocky-lanky of average height.
Dwarves- Stocky and short.
Muls- Stocky and Medium-short
Elves- Tall and Lanky
Half-elves- Average-Tall and Lanky.

It stands to reason Elves have longer limbs than human counterparts. This roughly translates into longer fingers to steal with. Long legs to run with.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.