Whatever happened to the Bard's Barrel?

Started by Jenred, June 20, 2008, 11:54:45 PM

For more then a couple years the Bard's Barrel was the premier place for bards, crafters, would be socialites that couldnt cut it in the Trader,  to hang out... listen to music, fight, drink, and be merry.

But alas, it seems to have fallen on hard times. Day after day, I've yet to see a person there besides myself.

I think that Tuluk's revitalization drew the more creative folk away... why be a Bard in Allanak when there is a bard quarter in Tuluk. Why craft in Allanak where there is only stone and bone, when in Tuluk there is bone, wood, stone, cloth galore.

It is saddening what Tuluk did to the miserable, struggling, creative people of Allanak.

I liked the days of the Gaj being for the ruff, the Trader being for the rich, and the Bard being for the rest....

Alas..
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Actually the answer is ic. If you were to look on the ic boards going back about ... five or seven game years. (last fall) you should find an answer.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

You could also, er, look at the room's desc.

It ain't the Bard's Barrel of yore.

Hmm, I'll have to try that, usually I get to the point where I dont expect rooms to change, and after having read it enough times in so many years, I kinda tune it out.
Quote from: SynthesisI always thought of jozhals as like...reptilian wallabies.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWitI pictured them as cute, glittery mini-velociraptors.
Kinda like a My Little Pony that could eat your face.

Uh, isn't this one of those "things you should know" that would be in the official out-of-game documents? I realize it's an IC history thing...but some IC history things are monumental enough that people north and south, of all races, would have heard about it by now, and it would no longer be a "find out IC" thing. If it was a more remote area, then sure, maybe only the tribals would know, and whichever city pals who were around that day. But this is one of only two known cities in the entire world, with effects that rippled outward to every corner of the planet. Surely - this wouldn't be a "find out IC" thing...

Like, the Copper Wars. Not every PC in the game would have known that's what it was called, but they definitely would've known the war occurred, and that it was a BIG DEAL. I think this is another one of those things, that if you would simply mention the event, Jenred would be able to figure it out for herself without having to ask someone to roll their eyes at her character and wonder what cave they've been living under for the past five years.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

No.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

If it were me, I'd like the option of finding out ic. If someone announces it on the gdb they take away my option and the next person's. If I didn't want to find out ic, I could message a helper or a staff member. Or find the old posts.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

This should be pursued and found out IC.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.