Craftable objects in arm

Started by Kyleite, April 30, 2003, 08:12:00 PM

Is there a list that says all the things someone can make?

I want to make stuff, but don't want to waste my items, and I want to build stuff that is worth loads.

No, there is not a sinlge list of all craftable items a player can make.

Trial and error is a necessary part of the learning process.

When you try and craft with different items, then it will give you list of the things you can make, if anything, based on the items and your relative skill.

That is how I recall it at least.  Never much liked to play crafting characters.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

No, there is no list like that .... or at least I don't know of it. Furthermore, what you can make out of certain items is something you have to find on your own IC.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Hmm .... beat me by one minute on that response eh? *Shifting his eyes back and forth suspiciously* I'll get you for that.
musashi: It's also been argued that jesus was a fictional storybook character.

Well, then dose anyone know how to make a wooden wagon, so I can get everything before I start?  :D

If a playershad that knowledge, they would be prohibited from telling you because that would be OOCly gaining knowledge your character would and should not have for IC use, as well as the spreading of IC knowledge in an OOC forum, both of which are prohibited.
iva La Resistance!
<Miee> The Helper Death Commando is right.

There is the ability to make parts of wagons, but you need Imm help to complete it (they wouldn't say your not allowed to make the wagon but the code to completely finish wagons isn't in place).

What I don't get is why you can't analyze the wagons.....

It would be really helpfull in making your own wagon.
In RL I can look  at lots of things and figure out what they are, although I dont  have them in my inventory. It is confusing as to how you make wagons when you can't even analyze 1. I think the Analyze Command should work on items not in your inventory also. Plus there is no way your going to because wagons don't work in you inventory, there too big.

Quote from: "Fedaykin"If a playershad that knowledge, they would be prohibited from telling you because that would be OOCly gaining knowledge your character would and should not have for IC use, as well as the spreading of IC knowledge in an OOC forum, both of which are prohibited.

now what I don't like about that is that it is ooc knowledge that you need to have to make it ic knowledge.
Veteran Newbie

From what I've seen of wagon-making... the materials make sense, it's not like you have to go out into the middle of the desert and find a "rare, magnetized earth metal" to make the wagon, it's all pieces that make sense, what would you need for spokes, axel, wheel, etc.

I would suggest taking a look at the helpfile for each crafting skill.  It gives you one or two recipes to start out with, and the rest should follow through.  It never hurts to watch what another character does, and steal their methodry.
Vendyra

you could also just ask other people who you see crafting in game, some will tell ya if they are nice... others will guard thier secrets.