Mounting in Darkness

Started by musashi, June 08, 2008, 02:03:01 AM

No, it's not as sexy a topic as the title might lead one to believe.

I was wondering how much of a hassle it would be to make it so that a PC could mount a hitched mount in darkness. If a character is holding the reigns of the mount hitched to them, as the code would portray it, I feel like finding them in the dark should not be very difficult, since the PC is already grabbing onto them to begin with.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Uhmm... you already can homie.

Just type mount if it's hitched to you.

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

In faint lighting conditions that works. It ... well in faint lighting conditions (where typing look gives me: You can't see a thing, sand swirls all around you!), I can just type "mount crazy pink elephant" or whatever and hitched or not ... so long as I got the keyword it's all good.

But in complete darkness, typing stat tells me that I'm leading someone ... and typing mount tells me that I don't have a hitched mount to ride. Or ... at least it did it to me just a moment before I wrote up the post.  :(

I'll have to check again now.

Quote from: FuSoYa on June 08, 2008, 11:47:40 AM
Uhmm... you already can homie.

Just type mount if it's hitched to you.

Brandon

I just tried this when my character's mount was resting, and the room they were in suddenly went dark due to nightfall ... no dice ... even though typing "stat" told me I was leading someone ... typing mount just told me I didn't have a hitched animal to ride.

So back to the OP ... is there any easy way to change it so that you can mount the animal you're leading (ie holding by the reigns) even if its dark?

I can swear every time I've tried to mount a hitched animal in darkness it works. But I'm not positive.

June 29, 2008, 05:01:45 PM #5 Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 05:04:03 PM by musashi
I swear man ... I just tried it again right now to make certain ... it's a no go  :(

I've had it work in the "you can't see a thing, sand swirls all around!" type of low-light where you can't see any descriptions but can still use keywords and everything ends up being "a faint shape", but it doesn't work in the no moons, night time, total darkness.

Might depend on if you're a ranger or not?

I've had the same problem as you before musashi, just so you know you're not alone.

I don't think that matters, because I've only ever played rangers so I'm getting this problem as a ranger.

Definately wish we could mount a hitched animal in the dark. Did you idea it IG?
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

I did now  ;D

I also think that it should be possible to take a PC who's rendered unconscious and/or incapable of riding, pack them onto a mount, hitch the mount, and lead it wherever.

You can not mount in complete darkness, even if the creature is hitched to you...

Your guild makes no difference.

I do agree you should be able to mount in the darkness if your beasty is already hitched...

Or if you suddenly find yourself with uncontrollable lust building in your loins.

If the latter is the case, please Wish Up for assistance.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Quote from: Qzzrbl on June 30, 2008, 01:21:50 PM
I also think that it should be possible to take a PC who's rendered unconscious and/or incapable of riding, pack them onto a mount, hitch the mount, and lead it wherever.

If you get creative with the current code you can work something similar to this.

Next reboot the darkness issue will be resolved.

If you type 'mount' with a mount hitched to you, you will mount it.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Coincidentally, this will also assist with the mudsex and pregnancy code for Armageddon Reborn.

(You know who you are.)
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

> hitch lissome
But the lissome, amber-eyed lass' father is not wielding a shotgun.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Morgenes on June 30, 2008, 03:14:40 PM

Thanks!

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 30, 2008, 04:32:25 PM
> hitch lissome

Ahhahahah...reminds me of back home.

> hitch lissome

Fixed.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on June 30, 2008, 04:44:56 PM
> hitch lissome

Fixed.

You're confusing "hitch" with "mount," dear.

Quote from: Morgenes on June 30, 2008, 03:14:40 PM

Morgenes ... once again, you are teh azwsomness!!!

June 30, 2008, 11:09:02 PM #21 Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 11:10:37 PM by BlackMagic0
Quote from: Nyr on June 30, 2008, 03:55:42 PM
Coincidentally, this will also assist with the mudsex and pregnancy code for Armageddon Reborn.

(You know who you are.)

Stop watching me why I have awesome smex in the sandstorms and at night, Nyr! I knew that was you!!! Those damn echos, of beady eyes watching me!!!!  >:(

This is a joke, obviously, or is it?  8)
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 30, 2008, 05:01:26 PM
> hitch lissome

Fixed.

Not where I'm from!
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on July 01, 2008, 12:14:48 AM
Quote from: brytta.leofa on June 30, 2008, 05:01:26 PM
> hitch lissome

Fixed.

Not where I'm from!

One is a public ceremony sharing qualities bifurcately with either a small-town circus or a captain's mast; elements of the Jerry Springer Show may be present in either case.

The other is typically a private occasion somewhere betwixt a slow dance, a first date, a high school science experiment, and a rodeo.

The wielding of a shotgun is often considered contrary to the mood of all except (1b).

Quote from: brytta.leofa on July 01, 2008, 07:21:43 AM
-snip because the quote boxes are getting absurd-

One is a public ceremony sharing qualities bifurcately with either a small-town circus or a captain's mast; elements of the Jerry Springer Show may be present in either case.

The other is typically a private occasion somewhere betwixt a slow dance, a first date, a high school science experiment, and a rodeo.

The wielding of a shotgun is often considered contrary to the mood of all except (1b).

I'm aware, but the thing is, whence I hail, you don't do the latter without the former, because you don't want to know where any girl (or guy) who would let you has been.