Crafting Question

Started by jcljules, May 25, 2008, 11:47:49 AM

If you make a simple item, does that help you get better at whatever skill you are trying to learn as much as making a complex item? Like... if I'm a cook, will baking lots and lots of bread help me learn to create delicious tandu steaks eventually?
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

This is an example of something that you could find out in-character.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Quote from: Nyr on May 25, 2008, 12:10:48 PM

Yeah, I thought it might be.... I'll be more careful not to post these sorts of questions in the future.
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

Quote from: jcljules on May 25, 2008, 12:46:25 PM
Quote from: Nyr on May 25, 2008, 12:10:48 PM

Yeah, I thought it might be.... I'll be more careful not to post these sorts of questions in the future.

Not a problem at all.  You can't learn what things you can find out IC without experience, and asking questions like these will either get you a solid answer or the knowledge that this is something you can figure out while in the game.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.