Hit/Kill Poll

Started by Marc, April 28, 2003, 10:51:23 PM

Should using hit automatically toggle Mercy On?

Yes
18 (52.9%)
No
4 (11.8%)
Don't Care
2 (5.9%)
Dubya is an asshole
10 (29.4%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: April 28, 2003, 10:51:23 PM

After reading the current topic:

Why not have hit automatically toggle mercy on while kill does not?

If you 'kill' the code would default to whatever setting your mercy is at.

If you 'hit' the code would toggle Mercy On if it wasn't already.

This would be useful for pcs, though not extremely so.

Where it would be most useful are npcs.  Ask them to hit instead of kill would make their use a bit more controlable (target doesn't HAVE to die)

Thoughts?

Comments?
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

Actually, while you're at it, I think it'd be neat if one command always toggled mercy off, and the other always toggled it on. Much more convenient then remembering to manually toggle all the time. You could then change the mercy state after combat was initiated if you want. Just my take.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

It would be good if hit/kill were mercy on/off dependant. I voted positively for the change, but I have to say.. It was hard to not click on Dubya being an ass.

Hmm... I don't like it... Why, because I only use hit, don't ussually use kill, and some people might be the opposite, and some people probably use them interchangably, it'd just be a hassle. You can change your mercy anytime you want just by turning it on or off, it's alot easier keeping things seperate else whys it gets confusing.

Creeper
21sters Unite!

Quote from: "Kankman"It would be good if hit/kill were mercy on/off dependant. I voted positively for the change, but I have to say.. It was hard to not click on Dubya being an ass.

I, on the other hand, could not resist voting for the fourth option.  :twisted:  But otherwise, I would have voted yes.

Once you've killed someone/thing you didn't mean to, you can't take it back. But if you get to the point where mercy kicks in, and decide you don't want to be merciful after all, you can always decide then to "kill".
Quote from: tapas on December 04, 2017, 01:47:50 AM
I think we might need to change World Discussion to Armchair Zalanthan Anthropology.

And once again I'd like to point out the merits of this suggestion when refering to npcs.  It would only help in cutting down deaths.  

If you hit and mort them, it doesn't take much more to finish them off.
Quote from: ZhairaI don't really have a problem with drugs OR sex
Quote from: MansaMarc's got the best advice.
Quote from: WarriorPoetIf getting loaded and screwing is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

I always have mercy on and use kill, hit is for one place that I know of.

So, I really do not see any need for the change, and no need to have mercy off, specialy with a pc, even if you are going to kill them anyway, gives you more time to make that final strike memorable.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job