New skill: holdout

Started by Tisiphone, May 17, 2008, 09:03:12 PM

Quite simply, the ability to secret various objects about your person. There would be rapidly increasing penalties for heavier objects (or, in 2.arm, for objects of a larger volume), and 'twould attempt to hide objects in your inventory (or perhaps containers in your eq/inventory) from inspection, be that by gate guards or via the peek skill.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

How about we expand this skill to something like conceal and allow it to take arguments.

>conceal spice pack (slipping it between the folds of a large bag)
Slipping it between the folds of a large bag, you try to conceal a pinch of crumbly brown spice within a leather backpack.

>conceal spice room (Shoving it into a large crack in the wall)
Shoving it into a large crack in the wall, you try to conceal a pinch of crumbly brown spice in the room.

-LoD

Quote from: LoD on May 17, 2008, 09:25:51 PM
How about we expand this skill to something like conceal and allow it to take arguments.

Slipping it between the folds of a large bag, you try to conceal a pinch of crumbly brown spice within a leather backpack.

Shoving it into a large crack in the wall, you try to conceal a pinch of crumbly brown spice in the room.

-LoD

Thus merging this skill with 'stash' as brought up in another thread. I like.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Quote from: Tisiphone on May 17, 2008, 09:28:25 PM
Quote from: LoD on May 17, 2008, 09:25:51 PM

-LoD

Thus merging this skill with 'stash' as brought up in another thread. I like.

Maybe stash would be the quick command version of an adverbial command "quickly conceal".

-LoD

I always like to keep things simple by using a small number of very dynamic commands.

I have always imagined the OP being a part of 'sleight of hand' and think "palm" and "slip" could be utilized.  Alternatively, those commands could be changed... Perhaps only "get" and "put" would be needed, and adverbials used to engage other abilities of the command (and appropriate skills).

Anyhow, I like the idea.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!