How much do our characters sleep?

Started by musashi, May 15, 2008, 12:43:22 AM

Since Zalanthas has 7 hours of sun up and only 2 hours of sun down in a day, way different than earth, about how much, and how frequently would your average Zalanthan human/elf/half-elf/half-giant/kank/were-kank/mantis/halfling need to sleep? Do you figure?
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

A Zalanthan "hour" is actually about 1.4 Earth-hours long. In a Zalanthan day, there are about 12.6 Earth-hours.

I guess I never think too much about how much my characters sleep or need to sleep, unless they are sick or otherwise physically changed and it's a factor in my RP. But I reckon the average human's need for sleep is pretty much the same.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

8 hours is recommended by a doctor to us Earth people, out of 24 hours. Humans on Zalanthas are much like humans on Earth now we just need to figure out the ratio.

z x 8
_____
7 x 24
  =
2.3 hours recommended by an OOC concept.

Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

I suck at math!  >:(

But 2.3 sounds roughly like sleeping through the full IG evening. I can handle that.  :)

My character sleeps whenever he isn't fucking, killing, or getting wasted–so about 40-45% of his life.

Depends on how many gypsy lovers they have.  Too few and they're too tense to sleep.  Just enough and they're exhausted all the time.  Too many and they can't find the time to sleep.
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

If I've got a safe place to sleep, don't feel like rolling into a bar, and want to still play in half an hour, I'll often go to sleep somewhere if only to show any PCs that may be around that indeed people DO sleep sometimes.

Plus, I like having full stamina. Something about it makes me happy.
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Riev on May 15, 2008, 12:06:29 PM
If I've got a safe place to sleep, don't feel like rolling into a bar, and want to still play in half an hour, I'll often go to sleep somewhere if only to show any PCs that may be around that indeed people DO sleep sometimes.

Plus, I like having full stamina. Something about it makes me happy.

I do this same thing ... except swap the words "safe place" with "random place in the wilds"  ;)

I live dangerously.