Pole Bug

Started by jcljules, May 11, 2008, 06:55:23 AM

Just thought someone should know--when you have an agafari log, you can make "a set of wooden poles."

When you have a baobaob log, you can make "a set of long poles"

Not that its a major problem by any means, but still...
Quote from: Gimfalisette
(10:00:49 PM) Gimf: Yes, you sentence? I sentence often.

This isn't really a bug, it's more of a matter of how we implement crafting recipes.  The webtool we use prefers if each recipe has a different name (the name being the end product).
Nyr: newbs killing newbs
Nyr: hot newb on newb violence
Ath: Mmmmmm, HOT!

Yeah I can't wait for Arm2's smooth crafting system. When they days of "WHY CAN'T I MAKE THIS", "WHY IS THERE NOTHING THAT CAN BE MADE WITH THIS?" and "Please can you find me a crafter to cut this lump of x into a slightly smaller lump of x so that I might make a ring (because I just so happen to be incapable of simple tasks myself)" are gone...

If every staff member input one crafting recipe a day. Arm1 would be infinately cooler in a week.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

yeah crafting is pretty difficult. apparently I have the skill ax making, but I've tried everything and can't seem to make a simple axe.

Quote from: jcljules on May 11, 2008, 06:55:23 AM
Just thought someone should know--when you have an agafari log, you can make "a set of wooden poles."

When you have a baobaob log, you can make "a set of long poles"

Not that its a major problem by any means, but still...

Thanks for the recipes.  ;)

well if you didn't know THOSE recipes you really needed the help  ;D

Besides, I find it hard to believe that any sane person wouldn't be able to figure out how to turn a log into poles.

Quote from: jcljules on May 11, 2008, 07:58:47 PM

Besides, I find it hard to believe that any sane person wouldn't be able to figure out how to turn a log into poles.

The point being, despite my personal opinion, even common recipes shouldn't be disseminated OOCly.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Thing is, if you've never played a crafting character before - you might not know that. It's very easy to think 'well, everybody must know X' when X is very simple, but sometimes even people that have been hanging out for most of a year (like myself) might not know that.

Not that it's a BIG THING, just that some people (again like myself) really enjoy figuring those small things out.  Making lists.  Feeling great because you've discovered if you mix Kank Cheese and the Eye of Sauron, you can make Mom's Best Eye Cheese.

I bet though that crafting will be more transparent in 2.Arm.  I'm one of those people that's rubbing their hands in anticipation.
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

Quote from: Tisiphone on May 11, 2008, 08:17:08 PM
Quote from: jcljules on May 11, 2008, 07:58:47 PM

The point being, despite my personal opinion, even common recipes shouldn't be disseminated OOCly.

Oops! Won't do it again  :-X

Too late. You ruined the game.

Now you'll be banned for life.

Quote from: Yam on May 11, 2008, 08:42:09 PM
Too late. You ruined the game.

Now you'll be banned for life.

Truly is a shame.... You'll be missed, jcljules.  :'(

Hah. You better just be pulling the newbies leg.....  ;D  right?  :-\

For future reference...don't post bugs on the GDB.

There is a 'bug' command in game where you type 'bug <description of the bug>'.

This is, from what I can tell, faster than it would ever be to have it up on public forums where others can see it, and if it's abuseable, put it to use.  So generally, yeah, this is not really the place to bring it.

But thank you for paying attention and trying to improve the game :)
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Wait, this isn't about the Kuraci stripper pole? I feel let down! :(
Amor Fati

Quote from: Fnord on May 12, 2008, 08:33:26 PM

Why do you think he's being banned?

For sharing IC recipes? lawl.

It's all about our crushed hopes of the Kuraci stripper pole.   :'(

Quote from: Fnord on May 12, 2008, 08:33:26 PM

I concur.  :'(
Insert Super-Xtreem Guitar Solo Here