Another mount question ...

Started by musashi, April 24, 2008, 10:47:31 PM

Hey ... since I don't want to get any "find out IC" panties in a bunch, could someone with a good grasp of the syntax involved in mount taming  PM me so I can privately ask for some syntax related help? I RP'ed out learning how to go about it from another character in game, but we forgot to do the little: oh btw here's the commands to use ... portion at the end. Thanks.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on April 24, 2008, 10:47:31 PM
Hey ... since I don't want to get any "find out IC" panties in a bunch, could someone with a good grasp of the syntax involved in mount taming  PM me so I can privately ask for some syntax related help? I RP'ed out learning how to go about it from another character in game, but we forgot to do the little: oh btw here's the commands to use ... portion at the end. Thanks.

First off, anything you shouldn't be finding out on the boards you shouldn't be finding out on the boards, PM or no.

Secondly, help ranger and help ride should solve your problems with a close reading.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

*shrug* Fair enough ... in the RP it was mentioned to me about using a rope to help keep a critter in line once you were on them and had them all settled down, but is there a syntax for doing that? It isn't really covered in the ride or ranger help files at all, and a bit of searching for something like tame or tether didn't really help me out either.

There is not a syntax for that of which I am aware.

Also, check out the Question portion of the request tool for anything you feel might be too sensitive for the boards.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Thanks.

Quote from: Tisiphone on April 24, 2008, 11:05:31 PM
Also, check out the Question portion of the request tool for anything you feel might be too sensitive for the boards.

I think this needs reiteration.

You can use mount to attempt to tame an animal.

Thanks Yam, ya beat me to it.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Yeah I don't know why anyone would have a problem with it. It's just a syntax issue. As Yam said, the command is "mount," same as it is for actually getting onto the animal's back if it's tame. If you succeed, the result is the same. If you fail, the result is something else.

Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

And yet another mount question ... I know you should always have your mount hitched to you (whether you're riding them or not) because in the event of a crash ... that will save your mount from disappearing, but what if you have more than one at the moment?

Will hitching for example ... a sunback lizard to a kank, and a kank to you ... keep both mounts crash-safe? I know ideally you should just mount one and hitch the other, but what if for example, they were tired, and you were letting them both rest ... how can you best crash-proof your animals?

From how I understand (and past experience unless it's changed recently):

When you log out mounted on an animal, it will save the animal even if you aren't hitched to it.

When you log out hitched with an animal, it will save the animal even if you aren't mounted on it.

So...hitch one, mount the other. As long as you can check off either thing for each animal, you should be fine.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

For logging out that's fine. I mean to say, in a case where I'm letting both animals rest up (hence I can't be mounted on either or they would stand), and the game crashes ... ... do I just have to pick which animal I like more and take the risk of losing the other one? Or is there something I can do to protect both?

You can't hitch one mount to another.

However.

Help Hitch

Hitch  (Movement) 

This command allows your character to lead a mount (or several mounts if you have enough familiarity with mounts) by their reins, as opposed to riding them. This will enable them to walk further, allow you to bring more supplies/goods on a journey, if desired.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Um ... you can sooo hitch mounts to one another. I did it ... but thanks for the tidbit on being able to hitch more than one to myself! That pretty much solves my concern  :)

Quote from: musashi on April 25, 2008, 02:25:44 PM
Um ... you can sooo hitch mounts to one another. I did it ... but thanks for the tidbit on being able to hitch more than one to myself! That pretty much solves my concern  :)

Really.... I need to play something that uses mounts then.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

You used to be able to hitch mounts to all kinds of things, including wagons...But I thought that function was taken out a decade or more ago.

Now I have to check.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

April 30, 2008, 01:08:00 AM #17 Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 02:58:29 PM by Ueda
hitch inix
you now begin leading an inix
hitch undead kank
you now begin leading an undead kank
save (Saving name)
quit.......
connect to ginka.armageddon.org
enter zalanthas

Editted to add.. Apperantly rangers are the only ones who can double hitch.

look room
A demonic room
a inix is here
a undead kank is here fighting you
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.

If I remember correctly, merchants can also double hitch.
Evolution ends when stupidity is no longer fatal."

From what I understood, it's still possible to hitch 'one' animal and mount another. So it's possible for anyone to have two mounts along, as long as you're riding one. Merchants and Rangers can have 'three'. That's ... well, pure chaos part is right.