European players?

Started by Ami, April 24, 2008, 10:35:55 AM

I find that I rarely get to play with other people until late my time.. Which really gets me unhappy, especially when I have to sleep early for work.

Is there any European people lurking around? GMT perhaps?

GMT over here. And I know of a few others for sure.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Ami on April 24, 2008, 10:35:55 AM
I find that I rarely get to play with other people until late my time.. Which really gets me unhappy, especially when I have to sleep early for work.

Is there any European people lurking around? GMT perhaps?

There are. There are also those of us with playtimes that intersect Euro primetime even when we aren't there.

I'm not sure I'm one of them, though, unless you like to be online around 1900.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I love all the people that i'm meeting but it feels a bit exasperating only playing with them from say 8pm onwards..

Glad to hear that theres some more to meet!

My playtimes vary each day, but It's safe to say that I'm definately on by about 5->11 PM

I am GMT+1 or something. Keep looking... we are around. Sometime it's hard to find a player in off-peaks, but sometime you could be lucky and find quite alive playerbase. It depends on location a lot - sometime Tuluk has a handful of European players, sometime Nak does.

I like to stay up late on friday and saturday nights so I can catch the cool americcans.  ;D

Quote from: Ami on April 24, 2008, 12:07:51 PM
I like to stay up late on friday and saturday nights so I can catch the cool americcans.  ;D

That's me.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

I'm in Japan time, not sure how it syncs up but I bet it's better than American time.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: musashi on April 24, 2008, 12:49:29 PM
I'm in Japan time, not sure how it syncs up but I bet it's better than American time.

Mmm...I think that's GMT+8, unless I'm mistaken.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

I'm not offpeak, however I do often stay up late or log in during US afternoons. Seems like we keep up a pretty good average of 20-25 players offpeak lately (that's a conservative estimate), so there are definitely many of you out there.
Quote from: RockScissors are fine.  Please nerf paper.

I would say when there is 20-25 players thats sort of 'mid-peak'. There's definately a lull when I'm on during the day where it goes as low as 4-7, though in the past I used to see it at zero around this time so that's a nice difference even.

I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

Quote from: Tisiphone on April 24, 2008, 04:08:54 PM
Quote from: musashi on April 24, 2008, 12:49:29 PM

Mmm...I think that's GMT+8, unless I'm mistaken.

GMT+9.

Usually I get somewhere between 6-25 players, though when I'm on at peak it's well over 50. Cool to have such large numbers, coming from a game where 15 was considered a high point.  ::)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

GMT here, just have to find us.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

another one here, too bad we're all over the zalanthas, if not earth.

GMT+1 here too.
Modern concepts of fair trials and justice are simply nonexistent in Zalanthas. If you are accused, you are guilty until someone important decides you might be useful. It doesn't really matter if you did it or not.

April 25, 2008, 07:02:28 AM #16 Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 07:04:17 AM by Elgiva
Quote from: spicemustflow on April 25, 2008, 05:23:50 AM
another one here, too bad we're all over the zalanthas, if not earth.

[derail]
Earth... definitely. AFAIK, I am like -only- player in the whole country here, heh.
[/derail]

really? let's hear the name of the country, cause I have the same feeling.

Quote from: spicemustflow on April 25, 2008, 07:30:56 AM
really? let's hear the name of the country, cause I have the same feeling.

Heh. Czech republic.  ;)

Cool, that's a nice country. Since I saw some pictures of Prague, I've been whipping some friends to visit it one day, and it's crazy cemeteries. And the beer houses, of course.

Quote from: spicemustflow on April 25, 2008, 08:16:06 AM
Cool, that's a nice country. Since I saw some pictures of Prague, I've been whipping some friends to visit it one day, and it's crazy cemeteries. And the beer houses, of course.

Hehe, cemeteries and beer. I like the combination.

Alright. Who lives "nearby" anyway? We'd meet or something. No need to let US players to steal all fun, right?

I'm stealing their fun from their apartments right now. And they won't log on for HOURS.

Quote from: Spoon on April 25, 2008, 08:39:40 AM
I'm stealing their fun from their apartments right now. And they won't log on for HOURS.

It's cool, cause we all team up during off-peak hours and raid all ya'll peakers apartments and use them for partying and stuff. Off-peakers get free spice too.

Myself and Boggis had a trip to Prague not so long ago and had some cheap, cheap beer.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day