Rae on ArmageddonMUD Videocast Episode 1

Started by Raesanos, April 24, 2008, 01:35:41 AM

In 3 parts, since I went on talking FOREVER

1/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wig1FZhqlow
2/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pUUF_VZ5Lg
3/3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pljNzdA8-0E

Please let me know what you liked, what you didn't like, or what you'd like to see discussed in the future.

April 24, 2008, 01:44:07 AM #1 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 02:05:23 AM by mansa
It's true, you are a lot cooler as a cereal.

...I agree with your statement that characters with failures are a lot more fun than perfect ones...

...I think I remember the quest to get the magickal kank.  There's been more than one "quest" to capture an inhabited animal.

...Did you have an idea of what you wanted to talk about beforehand?

...I like your thoughts about the character lives in Armageddon, it's good to have people explain why we play the game in different words and phrases.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Man, Rae, I ain't -never- called you Raisin-Ohs, but that sounds a LOT cooler.

I love when the staff kinda comes out and talks about what its like being on staff, things that have happened. Even talking about IC events, between you and Sanvean, you can see the passion. Thumbs up!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

I pronounce things exactly as you do, Raisin-O's.

Adobe Flash doesn't support x86_64 architecture for linux.

Rae, help?
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Very nice job for the first time. Definitely some interesting topics in there.

Keep them coming.

I've got to say, just about any story about a character, particularly an odd or especially good one always tickles my fancy.  Thanks a lot for sharing, Raesanos.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Oh god. You see NPC psis?

That makes me pretty happy, actually. I've sent them some funny things.

Quote from: Riev on April 24, 2008, 02:18:27 AMI love when the staff kinda comes out and talks about what its like being on staff, things that have happened. Even talking about IC events, between you and Sanvean, you can see the passion. Thumbs up!

/agree
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

"So I sat around, got poked with some sticks ... ate some stuff a kank probably shouldn't eat ..."

ROFL  :D
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: Mood on April 24, 2008, 03:00:27 AM
Quote from: Riev on April 24, 2008, 02:18:27 AMI love when the staff kinda comes out and talks about what its like being on staff, things that have happened. Even talking about IC events, between you and Sanvean, you can see the passion. Thumbs up!

/agree

I agree as well. It's nice seeing things from your(staff) perspective. It puts us in your shoes and brings you into a more 'human' light, I would say. It gives as a chance to relate with you and doesn't nothing but help the game and the way we view your actions. Thanks, keep them coming.

P.S. Expect a huge flood of npc's receiving Psi's.

Thanks for the videos. I didn't have any idea that the psis were seen. Good to know.
Quote from: Wug
No one on staff is just waiting for the opportunity to get revenge on someone who killed one of their characters years ago.

Except me. I remember every death. And I am coming for you bastards.

It would be a good idea to write down what you want to cover, and then practice it at least once before recording it.  It'd cut down on the rambling and digressions.

I really liked the subject-matter though  ;)
"Last night a moth came to my bed
and filled my tired weary head
with horrid tales of you, I can't believe it's true.
But then the lampshade smiled at me -
It said believe, it said believe.
I want you to know it's nothing personal."

The Chosen

I liked the rambling, though. It made me laugh.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Me and PF stayed up late to watch these last night... so cool!  Thanks, Raesanos. 

I'm pretty sure Niamh is pronounced "Neeve."  I named a PC that once.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

April 24, 2008, 03:43:43 PM #15 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 03:45:24 PM by Southie
Quote from: Ourla on April 24, 2008, 03:22:24 PM
I'm pretty sure Niamh is pronounced "Neeve."  I named a PC that once.

No way dude. I read it as "Nom". As in:

I made you a cookie, but I eated it. Nom nom nom.

(plz dont slay me)
QuoteThe shopkeeper says, in sirihish:
     "I am closed, come back at dawn."

You say to the shopkeeper, in sirihish:
     "YOU ^*%$*% WORTHLESS SHIT."

You say, in sirihish:
      "Ahem."

Also, twenty bucks people start contacting NPCs like woah.

Quote from: manonfire on April 24, 2008, 05:50:18 PM

I'm so going to do this.
It'll be IC as all get-out, too. 8)

I never had a reason to before, still none now. If the NPC won't respond to tells, probably won't respond to Ways, in my mind.

Quote from: Riev on April 24, 2008, 05:59:30 PM

I never had a reason to before, still none now. If the NPC won't respond to tells, probably won't respond to Ways, in my mind.

I've been WAYing NPCs for a long time now and have had them contact me back on more than one occasion.

Quote from: Riev on April 24, 2008, 05:59:30 PM

We don't see tells to NPCs, for what it's worth--only psionic messages.
Good video, Rae.  Makes me want to post one.  And I'm pretty sure you guys are going to get surprise blog updates from the BH.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

April 24, 2008, 06:25:10 PM #22 Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 06:26:57 PM by psionic fungus
QuoteI never had a reason to before, still none now.

Did you watch the videocasts?  They gave a reason.

QuoteIf the NPC won't respond to tells, probably won't respond to Ways, in my mind.

According to Raesanos, this is not true.  Your mind has failed you.

edit: Damnit Nyr.  Don't post when I'm posting.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Well thank you Psionic Fungus for pretty much contributing nothing to the conversation thanks to Nyr =p

I still don't have  much of a reason to way NPCs all that much. If it can be done through a PC but you have to wait, I'd rather wait. I guess I prefer player interaction over immteraction when I can help it =\

QuoteDid you have an idea of what you wanted to talk about beforehand?

I knew I was going to talk about new staff and the werekank but that was about it.  I actually was going to write more notes but decided to just start recording to see where it went and was happy with the result.  This was a lot more fun than a more scripted video, for me at least.

QuoteAdobe Flash doesn't support x86_64 architecture for linux.

Rae, help?

Ouch!

I uploaded a low-fi video of the whole thing to ginka here:  http://armageddon.org/~raesanos/rae_on_arm_1.mov

It is only there temporarily since that is our own bandwidth.

QuoteI'm pretty sure Niamh is pronounced "Neeve."  I named a PC that once.

Yeah Neev told me that later, you are correct.

Also:  Thanks for all the feedback and I'm glad so many people enjoyed it!

o  renn (dead)
Renn (Ritor) has died from *****.
keeps contacting ***** the npc despite her/me telling him to stop. - 1/09/06
PS. ****** is a northerner.  From what I gather, he found her because he tried a contact 'physician' and snagged her. - 1/09/06

A piece of my notes. That was fun too. The character was loopy in stuff concerning surgeries and all that and amongst his own experiments also sought .... advice. He never imagined that just by 'thinking' about physicians, he'll find one. Problem is ... the one he found wasnt really all that 'eager' to exchange trade secrets. Kept telling him to stop bothering him.

QuoteAdobe Flash doesn't support x86_64 architecture for linux.

That's not exactly true.  I am using 64-bit Ubuntu 7.10 and I have been able to view Flash video with both the Adobe Flash player and the third-party (open source) plugin... However, both have had issues for me, and I am also currently unable to view Flash Video on my Linux machine...   :-\

I'm not sure what I changed that made the videos stop working, either...  :'(
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

In retrospect, I frickin KNEW there was a reason I was scared to type "contact tektolnes" despite other players trying to peer pressure me into doing it.

Whew ... glad I dodged that bullet.

<116/116 : 115/116 : 110/110-walking-unarmed>
contact tektolnes

<0/116 : 115/116 : 110/110-walking-unarmed>
Your brain explodes!

<116/116 : 115/116 : 110/110-walking-unarmed>
Someone sends you the message: "Heh just kidding, man."

> contact echri

You suffer from use of the Way.
You contact the massive, fiery-eyed dragon with the Way

kek.

Quote from: manonfire on April 24, 2008, 08:38:13 PM
> contact echri

You send the massive, fiery-eyed dragon a telepathic message: Heeeey ... this isn't where I parked my car ...

kek.

"So he ran off into the desert, which he went to the northlands..."

*dramatic shrug*

"Cause that's the other place you go."
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.

Quote from: manonfire on April 24, 2008, 08:38:13 PM
> contact echri

kek.

Honestly, if the dragon comes back.  Just make his sdesc:

The Dragon

And if you look dragon it says:

Yep...I'm back sucka.

So we can all die laughing.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

April 24, 2008, 11:11:22 PM #33 Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 01:00:33 AM by Mood
Hey, speaking of pronunciation... after watching Sanvean's blogs, I'm doubting my pronunciation of Tektolnes. Am I the only one that pronounces it like it's spelled? "Teck-tol-ness"? Oh, also, I say "San-ve-in", "Ray-san-ohs", and "Ness-uh-len".

Nice podcast, I thoroughly enjoyed it. More more!
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: Mood on April 24, 2008, 11:11:22 PM
Hey, speaking of pronunciation... after watching Sanvean's blogs, I'm doubting my pronunciation of Tektolnes. Am I the only one that pronounces it like it's spelled? "Teck-tol-ness"? Oh, also, I say "San-ve-in", "Rae-san-ohs", and "Ness-uh-len".

That's how I always figured it was said. I like Muk Utep's name better ... sounds so cave-manish.  :)

The tall, muscular dragon
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Hey, speaking of pronunciation... after watching Sanvean's blogs, I'm doubting my pronunciation of Tektolnes. Am I the only one that pronounces it like it's spelled? "Teck-tol-ness"? Oh, also, I say "San-ve-in", "Ray-san-ohs", and "Ness-uh-len".

I always said it Tek-Tollns if that phonetically makes sense.  Like the 'tolnes' part is one syllable.

and I always called Muk-Utep...

Mook-ootep

Sounds more egyptian to me, going with the pyramids and such.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

I always pronounced Tektolnes Latin-American style.

Tek-toll-nays.

It reminds me a lot of the names in Aztec mythology, thus I use their pronunciation.
And I vanish into the dark
And rise above my station

Raisin'os

Sanve-ann

Teck tolnes

Muck Ootep.

Ness-ah-len

Shalooooooooooooooooooooooonsh

For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

I always saw Shalooonsh as how you say saloon when yer drunk.

Where you coming from?

The White Kirri Shalooonsh Occifer.

Very nice, hearing peoples' stories about Armageddon are just awesome, as everyone has such a unique and fulfilling and experience with every character. Maybe we should consider a "MyArm" series of a bunch of different players telling their favorite stories.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

I love ramblings. Thank you.
Quote from: Fathi on March 08, 2018, 06:40:45 PMAnd then I sat there going "really? that was it? that's so stupid."

I still think the best closure you get in Armageddon is just moving on to the next character.

What's that? UnderSeven iis posting? (Whose Underseven) Man, shut yo mouth.

Heh, I never even think about how things are said, to me it's just words and letters, sort of like ahh, having to read the matrix in code.  I usualyl don't even know how to pronounce my own names.  Where was I.  Oh..

I loved some of these videos, the more technical discussions were all sorts of fun.  I dig your shirt.

Quote from: UnderSeven on April 26, 2008, 11:21:06 AM
Heh, I never even think about how things are said, to me it's just words and letters, sort of like ahh, having to read the matrix in code.  I usualyl don't even know how to pronounce my own names.

I understand exactly what you're talking about here.

Quote from: UnderSeven on April 26, 2008, 11:21:06 AM
What's that? UnderSeven iis posting? (Whose Underseven) Man, shut yo mouth.

Heh, I never even think about how things are said, to me it's just words and letters, sort of like ahh, having to read the matrix in code.  I usualyl don't even know how to pronounce my own names.  Where was I.  Oh..

I loved some of these videos, the more technical discussions were all sorts of fun.  I dig your shirt.

Yo dude.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I didn't realize more people didn't know staff see npc psis.

Maybe I just saw it in a random post somewhere. Hmm.

I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Your pronunciations are almost identical to mine. Although, I never really think about it much.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

May 01, 2008, 11:51:29 PM #50 Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 11:54:08 PM by alger
The eat command of staff destroys everything?  Somehow that just gave me the thought of the end being something like...

Rae appears before you.

Rae gobbles you up.

Rae says "I'm the Dragon bitch."

Rae roars.

Sanvean comes down from immortal heaven.

Sanvean says "What are you doing?"

Rae says "I'm RPing the Dragon"

Sanvean "Oh."

Rae says "It is the immortal way, it's our RP"

Sanvean nods then disappears to immortal heaven

Rae goes stopping around once more.

A few years ago I had the pleasure of one of my characters playing with Sargax as his boss.

I thought that Sargax was an NPC, because he was always there when I tried to contact him (I mean EVERY single time, for a few months), and he always got back with me.  I thought an immortal just saw me psi-ing the NPC, and animated him for me.  I thought it was pretty wicked sweet.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.