Fall at the same time? Why not land on eachother?

Started by deconstruct99, April 15, 2008, 08:29:41 PM

Say you're walking along with your possy and you all fall into a hole together. Wouldn't it be more realistic if someone could fall on you or vise-versa? Even more specifically, if they fell on you, -you- take more damage while their damage is softened by the pillowiness of your body. I think it'd certainly encourage people to watch their steps. I also think it'd be funny if someone fell down a mineshaft and got crushed by their sunlon/ got their heads stuck up their sunlon's asshole.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law

Quote from: deconstruct99 on April 15, 2008, 08:29:41 PM
Say you're walking along with your possy and you all fall into a hole together. Wouldn't it be more realistic if someone could fall on you or vise-versa? Even more specifically, if they fell on you, -you- take more damage while their damage is softened by the pillowiness of your body. I think it'd certainly encourage people to watch their steps. I also think it'd be funny if someone fell down a mineshaft and got crushed by their sunlon/ got their heads stuck up their sunlon's asshole.

Spiky armor worn by the faller should increase damage done to the fallee. >.>

This is just not something I see much use in coding. I mean.. What would it add to the game that you couldn't just RP anyways?

It would add the fact that if some idiot rides off a cliff and you not having a chance to stop because you are following them, YOU might survive cause you landed on Sergeant Doomass.

Other than that I don't really see a point.  But that's just me.

And if I come off as being a jerk it's because I'm just being a jerk today.  So don't take it personal.  Please.
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

If there was nothing else left that needed coding ... I would say sure why not.

But I would imagine something like this would end up at the very bottom of the wish list.
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

I'd much rather remove the lemming effect.

"So and so fell off a cliff in front of you.  You stop following so and so."
She wasn't doing a thing that I could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together. --J.D. Salinger

Awww ... where's the fun in that?  ::)
Quote from: Marauder Moe
Oh my god he's still rocking the sandwich.

Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on April 16, 2008, 01:56:32 PM
No. No, no, no, no, no.

Two entirely different things. I wonder if the mud can even recognize in what turn do people enter the place. I understand there is the 'leader' and the followers, the leader being always the first. But beyond that ... meh. I do like the removal of lemming effect though, except ... what if it's a sandstorm and you really cant see shit yourself, just some figure ahead which suddenly ... winked out.

A sandstorm in the middle of the night.  Yeah, you could probably all go over, cause you wouldn't hear the screams of the dying over the wind and couldn't see shit.  and if you are riding around in the middle of that, your a doomass. 

But with the sun out, I still see it being rather difficult to walk/ride off a sandstorm, because you can see usually like 10-20 feet in front of you.  As if in a brown fog bank really.  That's my problem.  (real life experience talking)  I didn't blindly stumble into buildings, people, streets, vehicles, or land mines fields because it was sandstorming.  Just didn't happen.  You should at least have a chance to stop yourself.  But regardless.  When 7 people ride off the shield wall cause Sarge Doomass thinks he's cooler than he is, then it's just ridiculous.

And besides.  It crashes the mud.

Just joking about the crash part.  I wonder do people copy and paste these little things in notepad like me?
At your table, the badass dun-clad female says in tribal-accented sirihish, putting on a piping voice, incongruous not the least because it doesn't get rid of her rasp:
     "'Oh, I killed me a forest cat!' That's nice; I wiped me bum after taking a shit.

Quote from: Mood on April 16, 2008, 01:56:32 PM
No. No, no, no, no, no.

Absolutely agreed, especially that its a Feature Creep. This is just totally unnecessary, and doesn't really add anything to the mud. You want to emote that you landed on someone, I say go ahead and power emote. Adding code that says "You fell on him and he took extra damage" just seems unnecessary.

Also, Shoka, I use Ctrl+Scroll. I'm lazy
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 04:09:58 PM
Just joking about the crash part.  I wonder do people copy and paste these little things in notepad like me?

I just paste them into the browser bar up top. 

Brandon
Quote from: Ghost on December 16, 2009, 06:15:17 PMbrandon....

you did the biggest mistake of your life

When dealing with a game where the purpose of the code is to depict the environment with as much realism and detail as possible, I find the rather arbitrary terminology of "Feature Creep" to be ridiculous.

Thank you, carry on.
Quote from: Wish

Don't think you're having all the fun...
You know me, I hate everyone!

Wish there was something real!
Wish there was something true!
Wish there was something real,
in this world full of YOU!

Actually, i thought it would be fucking hilarious for someone's head to end up inside their sunlon's ass, but psionic fungus makes a very excellent point.
Quote from: Tarx on April 13, 2008, 11:43:02 PM
The longer a PC lives, the more likely they will die to something stupid.

-ginka's law