New Log Up

Started by FiveDisgruntledMonkeysWit, April 15, 2008, 12:13:07 PM

Quote from: Rhyden on December 15, 2009, 04:12:03 PM
Awesome FuSoYa, I loved Sharlo and Rhys. ;D

Also check out this for a laugh and a half.

It gets more funny if you know the back history. The Rinthi kid, Cross, was convinced that whores existed only to stab people (and no, she did not mean with that sword). Any and every whore exisited to get you naked, so they could stab you, and then steal your money. In an effort to convince her that whores were fun and did not stab people, Pearl hired a whore. The whore proptly draws a blade and stabs him. Amazingly enough, this only re-enforced Cross' notions.  ;)
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

;D

I just loved having a whore with a warsword. I called it my whoresword.

That was so fucking badass.

*gunner has a newfound respect for whore's and warswords
Quote from: LauraMars
Quote from: brytta.leofaLaura, did weird tribal men follow you around at age 15?
If by weird tribal men you mean Christians then yes.

Quote from: Malifaxis
She was teabagging me.

My own mother.

Man, that ruined everything.

IF ONLY YOU KNEWWWWW
"You will have useful work: the destruction of evil men. What work could be more useful? This is Beyond; you will find that your work is never done -- So therefore you may never know a life of peace."

~Jack Vance~

A few questions about that log, Fusoya...
since I still feel like a frikin' noob and don't understand the whole game yet...

HOW do you sever a PC's toe?
HOW do you one-hit-kill a PC with just a torch?

Are these all coded abilities or what?  ???
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

You wish up during the scene for immortal assistance, and they load the objects, kill the player, make the echoes, and so forth.

That's not to say they'll oblige if you wish up about running someone through when you should just fall back to the code, but... in this situation, the aggressors decidedly had the upper hand.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Wasteland Raider on December 16, 2009, 01:26:27 AM
You wish up during the scene for immortal assistance, and they load the objects, kill the player, make the echoes, and so forth.

That's not to say they'll oblige if you wish up about running someone through when you should just fall back to the code, but... in this situation, the aggressors decidedly had the upper hand.
And to expand on this some, that specific event was a culmination and a critical point for a lot of different plots, so the immortals knew very much so what was going on, and I wouldn't even be surprised if it was set up with staff, too. Not the outcome, but the event itself. Immortals don't usually assist players in killing one another unless it's like in this case, where the effects needed weren't outrageous and giving anyone an upper hand, really.

Your best bet, for interactions like this, is to keep your immortals informed with weekly or bi-weekly updates about current plots, that way they're well-equipped to help you with things like this.
"Never was anything great achieved without danger."
     -Niccolo Machiavelli

Oh, the staff.
D'oh!  :-[

Major underused resource.

QuoteWith a backwards swat of his hand behind him, the chiseled, mercurial-tressed man says to the shapely, brunette young woman, in sirihish:
     "Hush, Uhatu."

The shapely, brunette young woman melodramatically ducks the back-swatted hand, and continues to groom at the chiseled, mercurial-tressed man`s hair, resuming her humming.

I could picture that so well. Like...something out of a Disney movie. I love it!

Quote from: Manhattan on December 16, 2009, 01:22:30 AM
A few questions about that log, Fusoya...
since I still feel like a frikin' noob and don't understand the whole game yet...

HOW do you sever a PC's toe?
HOW do you one-hit-kill a PC with just a torch?

He's Gage Gritshaw.

In other news, Gage Gritshaw starved to death a month ago in FTO.
I tripped and Fale down my stairs. Drink milk and you'll grow Uaptal. I know this guy from the state of Tenneshi. This house will go up Borsail tomorrow. I gave my book to him Nenyuk it back again. I hired this guy golfing to Kadius around for a while.

Quote from: Rhyden on December 15, 2009, 04:12:03 PM
Awesome FuSoYa, I loved Sharlo and Rhys. ;D

Those were the days. :D
Quote from: Twilight on January 22, 2013, 08:17:47 PMGreb - To scavenge, forage, and if Whira is with you, loot the dead.
Grebber - One who grebs.

Let's not expand on logs anymore :)  I don't want to see discussion or questions around the logs or IC events please, that way lies trouble.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Quote from: Adhira on December 17, 2009, 01:55:42 AM
Let's not expand on logs anymore :)  I don't want to see discussion or questions around the logs or IC events please, that way lies trouble.

Oops  :-[ Was that directed at me?
I only asked because I felt like the loser kid who did not get invited into the club.

Fear not, Manhattan - she was referring to the people who were talking about why those events happened, and what they knew, and what their characters at the time suspected, and so forth.
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → b a

Quote from: Manhattan on December 16, 2009, 01:22:30 AM

help_skill_flaming_skullfuck

I just approved a lot of entries. Good reads.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

I recommend the two par-tay logs. This has nothing to do with the fact I submitted them. >.>
As of February 2017, I no longer play Armageddon.

The second party log was hilarious.  I feel this just about sums it up -

The rugged, stubble-bearded templar just stares on in disbelief, speechless.
Former player as of 2/27/23, sending love.

Shit, I submitted that as a story.  Should've been a log!  Also shouldn't highlight every...well, nevermind.  You know how the submission tool can be.  It took a lot of time and editing but I submitted the bios of Thrend.  They are subjective as hell, and midway through I switched to first person because it felt more personal than third person.  I am a bad biographer and did not submit several things that should've been written about.

http://www.armageddon.org/original/showSubmission.php?submission=532

The Rairen logs were a real treat, and I was surprised to see that one of them lined up with one of my bios.
Quote from: ShalooonshTuluk: More Subtly Hot. If you can't find action in Tuluk, you're from Allanak.
Quote from: Southie"In His Radiance" -> I am a traitor / I've been playing too much in Tuluk recently.

''The only variable I had no control over was the woman herself, and an
unexpected, unforeseen development: she was a complete idiot.''

Truer words were never spoken. lulz.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Oh man. I love the entry about Leisera/Zharal. It is so spot on for what I was trying to portray.

The friendly hate between those two was a fucking riot.

A few of those entries brought my nice little optimistic assumptions crashing down.
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

Ourla you should post a new log. By request. Preferably not one that I'm in, seems like I'm always drunk when our characters interact.

Quote from: path on December 30, 2009, 02:31:36 PM
Ourla you should post a new log. By request. Preferably not one that I'm in, seems like I'm always drunk when our characters interact.

I'd like to voice my preference for a log in which path is drunk.