Character application through the website

Started by Rachel, April 09, 2008, 05:23:34 PM

I think it would be neat if you could create a character through the website here. Isnt there a way that information could be accepted by the computer that runs the game? It would be easier than the way you do it now by logging in and following all the prompts and such.

Once you've made a few characters, you'll get the hang of in-game creation.

If I'm not mistaken, this is in the list of planned features for Armageddon Reborn.
When we found her Marnlee mornin',
Hoofprints walking up her back
There were empties by her war braids
And sixty-five dead carru in a stack.

~ Unknown - Heru Got Runover by a Carru

I personally, cannot wait for the application process to be done through the website. It's just a pain trying to review information and check it all etc, besides the pain of copy pasting into a mud client.
Quoteemote pees into your eyes deeply

Quote from: Delirium on November 28, 2012, 02:26:33 AM
I don't always act superior... but when I do it's on the forums of a text-based game

I was denied twice on the sole reason of.
My copy/paste went funky.. And my main-description became massively twisted and huge.

On the third time (got accepted since I typed it and didn't mess it up haha), I said screw it and have stopped copy/pasting things into the mud and simply typing them out.  :P
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

Quote from: Maso on April 10, 2008, 09:18:42 AM
I personally, cannot wait for the application process to be done through the website. It's just a pain trying to review information and check it all etc, besides the pain of copy pasting into a mud client.

Totally agreed.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 10, 2008, 11:19:42 AM
My copy/paste went funky.. And my main-description became massively twisted and huge.

On the third time (got accepted since I typed it and didn't mess it up haha), I said screw it and have stopped copy/pasting things into the mud and simply typing them out.  :P

And this is why the formatting features are there.  ('.h' for help the next time you submit a character, it will show you '.f' to format into a single paragraph, or something else (can't remember the .-command) to format multiple paragraphs, and gives a 3-space indent at the start of each).  Also, you can use '.s' to show you how it looks before you submit it.

While the telnet editor is extremely useful, I can't wait for the html version (as long as it has the formatting features).

Quote from: DrunkenSalarr on April 10, 2008, 11:58:28 AM
Quote from: BlackMagic0 on April 10, 2008, 11:19:42 AM

And this is why the formatting features are there.  ('.h' for help the next time you submit a character, it will show you '.f' to format into a single paragraph, or something else (can't remember the .-command) to format multiple paragraphs, and gives a 3-space indent at the start of each).  Also, you can use '.s' to show you how it looks before you submit it.

While the telnet editor is extremely useful, I can't wait for the html version (as long as it has the formatting features).

I know that now.. That was my what 4-5 PC.  :P I did not know everything then.. Now I just still find it simply easy enough to type it out. Not that bad to type it all out.
"Don't take life too seriously, nobody ever makes it out alive anyway."

If staff have a need for this in the current game and just expose a servlet or cgi binary for me to push the data through I can write this.

And I get to stay out of the whole know-everything-about-the-game thing while contributing. Just ping me through the boards.

Quote from: DrunkenSalarr on April 09, 2008, 06:31:00 PM
If I'm not mistaken, this is in the list of planned features for Armageddon Reborn.

You're not mistaken.
Quote from: LauraMars on December 15, 2016, 08:17:36 PMPaint on a mustache and be a dude for a day. Stuff some melons down my shirt, cinch up a corset and pass as a girl.

With appropriate roleplay of course.

Striaght up, I do all my character info, logging, and note-taking (So I know what the character is supposed to know specifically, so I don't start saying "HEY AMOS!" to the guy I've never met) in notepad. When it comes to copy/paste, I just leave the window at its Restored size, and hit enter at the end of a line, so when I paste, its -generally- a good fixed width. Though I do see many PCs that appear to have not hit .q on a new line (Character is in Excellent Condition gets stuck on the MDESC line) and I can understand that.

Making characters online is a great addition to 2 point Arm because sometimes I'm at work or at a friends house and think "Oh MAN! Thats a good idea for a character!" but have to wait to get home so I can log in.

Thumbs up for this already-talked about idea!
Quote from: IAmJacksOpinion on May 20, 2013, 11:16:52 PM
Masks are the Armageddon equivalent of Ed Hardy shirts.

When I'm writing up my new characters, I take that ruler given to you for biography/main desc and copy paste it into notepad...

[---|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----|----]
And then when I write in notepad, I make sure that all of my text doesn't
go beyond the end of the ruler, and when it comes time I copy and paste the
whole shabang into my client, because it supports multi-lined entry, and it
has never really failed on me.

This will indeed be a feature of Arm 2.
"It doesn't matter what country someone's from, or what they look like, or the color of their skin. It doesn't matter what they smell like, or that they spell words slightly differently, some would say more correctly." - Jemaine Clement. FOTC.

Not only is it a planned feature of Arm 2, it is a priority feature.  This will occur.
This post is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and are in no way to be considered flaws or defects.

Quote from: Belenos on April 18, 2008, 03:48:14 PM
Not only is it a planned feature of Arm 2, it is a priority feature.  This will occur.
And there was much rejoicing.

Quote from: DrunkenSalarr on April 18, 2008, 03:57:26 PM
And there was much rejoicing.

hooray!

Thank Muk.