Is it just me that has these weird problems? (items missing)

Started by spicemustflow, April 01, 2008, 09:07:31 AM

Alright, after the crash yesterday, occasionally I find myself without some of my things. My cloak and pants suddenly are gone, next time belt with all the items in it but not the weapons, etc. Anybody?

Is this them disappearing randomly during gameplay, or just you noticing later that they're gone?

If the former, that sounds like an interestingly mysterious bug you should file.

If the latter, use the request tool to apply for reimbursement, and try not to mudsex during a crash.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

Or an extremely talented pickpocket.. No IC spoilers.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

It happens randomly, and now it's more than 12 hours after the crash. I don't think it's a pickpocket, It'd have to be a very talented professional who follows me for many RL hours, and I didn't mudsex anyone :).

edit: If I use the bug command and nobody's on, will they see it later?

Items going missing after a crash is common, send a request for your stuff back. Stop running around naked. :P

Yes, bug reports are filed for review.
There is no general doctrine which is not capable of eating out our morality if unchecked by the deep-seated habit of direct fellow-feeling with individual fellow-men. -George Eliot

April 01, 2008, 09:24:43 AM #6 Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 09:27:06 AM by spicemustflow
Quote from: RogueGunslinger on April 01, 2008, 09:20:40 AM
Items going missing after a crash is common, send a request for your stuff back. Stop running around naked. :P

Yeah, but it's been like 15 hours or more after the crash. How long is this going to last?

Also, I was saving my char more often than before. Is there any way to restore that without request/bugging the staff?

Hahaha... Having an insta-reset button to your last saves would be mind-blowing(ly) stupid.

Woops, I'm gonna die to that scrab. Time to reset, before it gets the blow in that brings me below -10.

I didn't mean a saved game people to reload when I'm dead  ::). I thought the point of saving status is to avoid situations like this.

Yes, we're aware, we're simply pointing out the implications of being able to restore to previous saves, console-gaming style. If you're sure this isn't something that's happening IC or just you simply noticing it, either wish up or file a bug report. I'd do both, in fact, in that order.

I'd also check your inventory. That happens to me a lot, I won't be paying attention and I try to put my donut away, but then I notice three hours later, "Heh, I still have my donut in my hand."

Then notice another few minutes later, when it all makes sense, I'm not wearing my donut-skin raptor boots.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on April 01, 2008, 02:53:37 PMdonut-skin

say (drool slowly slipping down his lips) Mhhh... Donut skin

Drool slowly slipping down his lips, the ueda man says "Mhhh... Donut skin"
Quote from: FiveDisgruntledMonkeys
Don't enter the Labyrinth.
They don't call it the Screaming Mantis Tavern to be cute. It's called foreshadowing. First there's screaming, then mantis head.