Question about saving

Started by spicemustflow, March 24, 2008, 07:59:49 PM

I don't get why some rooms have Save next to the room title, when you can save anywhere? Is it a friendly reminder to do it? I never do it anyway...

edit: I'm a retard, probably a leftover from when it wasn't possible anywhere...

It is a room where items can be stored and don't disappear after a reboot or crash.

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Also, if you do not wish to see those extra bits at the top, you can just turn it off by typing brief novice.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

You can save your -character- anywhere, regardless of room type.

Save rooms, however, operate like amish overlord said.. you can drop something there, and it'll stay through a reboot/crash.

How are mounts (and/or other NPCs) affected by save rooms?  [I think a mount must be in a save room--or stabled--to survive a reboot?]

What about wagons?  [I think wagons are saved regardless of where they are; maybe it depends on the make and model?]
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

mounts save in saved rooms.

clans typically have (save) in their stables so people can store community mounts.

To Recap

A wagon is persistent over reboots. If the mud crashes and your wagon is out in the salt flats, it should be there when you return. There is a bug where they may duplicate though, in which case just wish up to staff and they'll fix it for you.

Items/mounts must be left in save rooms.

You can save your character anywhere.

You can only quit in a 'quit' room if you are not a ranger.

It is highly advised to 'save' after 'hitching' your mount, and also after 'mounting' your mount. This prevents the mount from being lost in a crash if you are out riding it in the wastes.

If you are not in the same room as a hitched mount (ie, hitch mount, enter tent) The mount will not save. You must be in the -same room- as the mount for it to save from being hitched/mounted.
For FantasyWriter:
Never again will I be a fool, I will from now on, wrap my tool.

Quote from: cyberpatrol_735 on March 25, 2008, 06:50:14 PM

It is highly advised to 'save' after 'hitching' your mount, and also after 'mounting' your mount. This prevents the mount from being lost in a crash if you are out riding it in the wastes.

Ah, good advice, never thought of doing that.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Ok, that was useful, thanks guys.

Also if a mount is hitched to you and you are riding it, it will come back after a crash with you.  Just remember to re-hitch it to you, especially if things still seem a little unstable, because though you'll be riding it still, it won't auto-hitch back to you.  An unhitched mount is crash food.
Tryin' to make friends but people are jerks,
So I'm gonna put some fleas on you.
And the fleas'll have the plague,
And they'll make you cough a lot,
Then you'll be too sick to hurt my feelings anymore.