Rescue

Started by Xio, March 22, 2008, 03:07:13 PM

This may just be a pet peeve of mine but I dunno if it has annoyed or messed anyone else up.

When you attempt to rescue someone who isn't fighting you still get the delay of a successful or failed attempt. While by itself it doesn't sound like much but a little nuance, but if three people need to be rescued and four people jump to rescue to first person, and the first rescuer is successful then the other three who hit rescue at almost the same time are stuck with the delay leaving the other two to fend for themselves. Also, if its you and another person and you typo their name or a keyword in their sdesc when they're on the verge of dying, they're SoL. I dunno if anyone has died from a rescue delay mixup, or not but I think we'd all be better off if this could be fixed, if its not an incredible hassle, what with the current staff workload.
War is not about who is right, but who is left
Quote from: BebopWhy is my butt always sore when I wake up?  :cry:

I really would love to see all command delays removed/nulled when there is some kind of error state returned.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I don't think many will argue against you here, sadly there are many skills that even if you do not do them at all, you will get the delay. It would be nice if they were fixed but I don't expect it  in this version myself.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I completely, 100% agree with this, and that rescue is not the only time that this happens. It is really easy to get lagged out during a fight, even with things that I didn't think really lagged that much. Even if you hit the wrong button and enter in a command that doesn't work, you can still get lagged. I understand this probably won't be fixed in this version of the game, but it can be frustrating. Perhaps something else we can look forward to in Arm2.

-Irulan
Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."
---
Inara: "Thank you for the wine. It's very... fresh."

Mal: "To Kaylee, and her inter-engine fermentation system."

Especially the kill command. There is a huge delay and when you are trying to kill someone who is spam fleeing away, it is very frustrating to have to wait for the command delay to stop, when youd didn't use the command after all, since noone like that is here.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime