Jewelery

Started by 5 day lifespan, April 20, 2003, 09:07:15 AM

Can someone please explain to me why a hairpiece, when examined, claims to be a piercing weapon, yet can not be used?  Is this a bug, or one of those wacky item quirks that I just lost an assload of money learning about?
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Shhhh, now you've ruined the secret.   :P   It is a small dagger that can be worn in the hair as an ornement, just like in the James Bond movies.  Have you tried ep or es?  Have you tried "wear all"?  You should be able to use it.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

EP, yes, I even tried drawing it from my hair.  i can wear it, but I cant seem to weild it.  I thought more of Japanese Geishas who kept a stilletto in their hair for protection, thats what the description seemed to imply, but Ive had no luck getting it to work.
You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villany.  Except for maybe Allanak."

-Anonymous

Hair isn't a valid sheath location, so you wouldn't be able to draw a weapon from there.  Like weapons worn on your back, you would have to "remove" it so it is in your inventory, and then ep (weild) or es (hold) it.  If that doesn't work . . . I don't know, it's been a while since I used a weapon like that.

AC
Treat the other man's faith gently; it is all he has to believe with."     Henry S. Haskins

I thought of something else.  You may be having a keyword problem.  Like if it was an obsidian hairpiece, and you "weild obsidian" but the code thinks you were refering to your obsidian charm or the obsidian-eyed fellow next to you, then it might say that you can't use it.  Try different keywords and see if that helps.

Just a thought,

AC

The item itself could also be buggy.  If you've exhausted all possibilities (EP/wield/wear), use the typo command or email the mud account.
quote="CRW"]i very nearly crapped my pants today very far from my house in someone else's vehicle, what a day[/quote]

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Hair isn't a valid sheath location
*tries to sheathe his giant two bladed axe in his hair* really? aaw nuts *unsheathes his smelly dagger from his armpit*

What they said ;)

Play with it. It does work. You cant draw it as previously explained by others.  :)
color=violet]If life was like a box of chocolates we would spend all day inside being poked and eaten.[/color]

The best Ive gotten so far is that I can ES it, but Im not sure if that will do anything, as I dont want to go Mobbing just to see if it works.  Has anyone ever seen an offhand only weapon before?  Could that be it?

Yarg.

-Anonymous

Quote from: "Angela Christine"Like weapons worn on your back, you would have to "remove" it so it is in your inventory, and then ep (weild) or es (hold) it.

Not quite relevant to the topic on hand, but I'm pretty sure you can "draw sword back" or something.
 great evil walks Zalanthas...
Master Z has arrived from the west!

What is mobbing? And there are many weapons that you can only use in your secondary hand. I am not sure if they are all intended to do that but they are in game regardless.

Mobbing is killing Mobs, or Mobile NPC's.  Usually a term used in reference to people who midlessly slaughter 'rinth rats for no other reason than to get better at killing, or to sate their wanna-be bloodlust.  (sorry, a little bitterness towards twinks)  This is something that I do not see often in Arm, thankfully.

5 D L

-Anonymous

Have you es'd it and then tried 'change hands es ep'?
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Yes, you can draw things from your back. You don't need to type back to draw them, but you do need to type back to sheathe it there.

draw sword
sheathe sword back

And yes, it's off topic.

I'm going to put my money on another item with the keyword you're using.
Dig?

Yep, thanks everyone for the help.  It is an off hand weapon only.  Now, to clear that up, it seems that some things have queerly shaped handles, which designate them as a primary or secondary use weapon only.  Something I should have remembered because I used to have a weapon that only worked in my primary hand.  Now, to try and find all those other nifty items Ive seen in game before, heh heh heh.

5DL

-Anonymous