change ldesc

Started by The7DeadlyVenomz, February 01, 2008, 01:36:30 AM

Currently, the command for ldesc does not include being able to set one while sitting at a table, standing at a table, or other such things. It only works when you are standing, sitting, resting, or sleeping independant of a piece of furniture.

I would ask that it be made to apply in all situations.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Actually, this isn't true of all furniture.  It's an inconsistency that is relatively well known.  I would like it to be rectified as well, but apparently it isn't something that is too high of a priority.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Excellent information. I was not aware that it was not mutually exclusive to all furniture.

One of the coders mind looking at this? I can not imagine it being much of a fix, though I certianly could be wrong somehow.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

There are several things that will override player set long descriptions, and this was done intentionally.  We don't want any confusion from mistakes or forgotten situations and you don't change your long description when your state changes.  Coming up with a solution for this is likely beyond the scope of Arm 1 as this is not a bug, but an intended solution to an issue we see.

Feel free to discuss ways to allow this in Arm 2 in the Arm Reborn forums.
Morgenes

Producer
Armageddon Staff

Quote from: Morgenes on February 01, 2008, 10:03:34 AM
There are several things that will override player set long descriptions, and this was done intentionally.  We don't want any confusion from mistakes or forgotten situations and you don't change your long description when your state changes.  Coming up with a solution for this is likely beyond the scope of Arm 1 as this is not a bug, but an intended solution to an issue we see.

Feel free to discuss ways to allow this in Arm 2 in the Arm Reborn forums.

That reminds me, is there a way to set your ldesc to the default for whatever piece of furniture that you're sitting in?  If not, I'd suggest using just, "change ldesc," to take that function.  For those pieces of furniture where your changed ldesc works, it would be quite useful as opposed to either approximating it yourself or standing up and sitting back down again.
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

For those of you who don't mind larger prompts (or parse them) I recommend adding your ldesc to the prompt.  This is a useful reminder of when your ldesc reverts back to the default setting so you can change it again.  As someone who changes their ldesc constantly I've found this to be invaluable.