Arrows being shot at you.

Started by Rogerthat, January 29, 2008, 12:21:58 AM

Do you think this is a good idea?  If.. when your guarding someone, And a arrow is shot at them, Depending on your -Guard skill- you take the arrow, or you block it..

What do you think?
Someone punches a dead mantis in it's dead face.

There has been discussion on this before.

This skill allows one person to guard another, an object, or an exit,
usually placing themselves in harm's way as a means of doing so. This is
mostly effective against outright acts of violence, however, and not
against magick. The hardest person to guard against is one who is an
experienced guard, since they know the trade.

I believe your answer lies somewhere within the search function or within that bit of text.

Quote from: Yam on January 29, 2008, 12:24:23 AM
There has been discussion on this before.

This skill allows one person to guard another, an object, or an exit,
usually placing themselves in harm's way as a means of doing so. This is
mostly effective against outright acts of violence, however, and not
against magick. The hardest person to guard against is one who is an
experienced guard, since they know the trade.

I believe your answer lies somewhere within the search function or within that bit of text.

OR, possibly, the discussions that may stem from this topic. Hence the point of a forum.

I like the idea, and think that it should be based on a combination of the Guard skill and the Archery skill. I honestly think it should be pretty damned hard to hit a person with three or more people guarding them. But I guess that all depends on what you picture when you see someone guarding; how close are they to the person, and whatnot.

January 29, 2008, 01:12:14 AM #3 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 01:14:13 AM by Yam
Or, you know, the discussion from another thread could be revived so everything wouldn't have to be rehashed for the nth time.

Here are some threads that make for fun reading.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,13355.0.html

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,13666.msg139789.html#msg139789

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,25096.msg264992.html#msg264992

Yeah. There are also ongoing discussions on new things to be added to Armageddon 2.0 combat in the Armageddon Reborn forum where ideas like this are better professed.

As far as I know, the staff do not plan to implement any new code. However, I am fairly certain that the guard skills guards against ALL mundane forms of direct assault.

Quote from: Yam on January 29, 2008, 01:12:14 AM

As far as I know, the staff do not plan to implement any new code. However, I am fairly certain that the guard skills guards against ALL mundane forms of direct assault.

I have never seen anyone guard another from a missile attack, shield or not.
Was there no safety? No learning by heart of the ways of the world? No guide, no shelter, but all was miracle and leaping from the pinnacle of a tower into the air?

Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse

I am positive that I have.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: IntuitiveApathy on January 29, 2008, 03:24:59 AM

I have never seen anyone guard another from a missile attack, shield or not.

I have taken an arrow to the arm multiple times in one session because of this. That may have had something to do with the uba-warrior I was playing at the time also.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime