Mercy On

Started by Kalden, January 26, 2008, 06:01:25 PM

January 26, 2008, 06:01:25 PM Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 08:19:19 PM by Kalden
I believe that mercy on should be the default setting when you enter the game. It is currently not.

Disagreed.
Quote from: Saikun
I can tell you for sure it won't be tonight. So no point in poking at it all night long. I'd suggest sleep, or failing that, take to the streets and wreak havoc.

Disagreed
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

I would have to agree.

True it could be a minor annoyance, but better to be reminded to turn it off then forget to turn it on.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Side note:  When you forget you have mercy on and attempt to kill someone who's been incapacitated, I think it's silly that you have to wait through the "kill" command delay before you can turn mercy off and try attacking them again.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Quote from: Synthesis on January 27, 2008, 04:18:15 PM
Side note:  When you forget you have mercy on and attempt to kill someone who's been incapacitated, I think it's silly that you have to wait through the "kill" command delay before you can turn mercy off and try attacking them again.

I lost a much loved character to that delay. Using kill command should bypass mercy imo.

but yes, agreed. Mercy on by default.
A staff member sends you:
"Normally we don't see a <redacted> walk into a room full of <redacted> and start indiscriminately killing."

You send to staff:
"Welcome to Armageddon."

On waiting through kill delay, Agreed.

It should just give the mesage, no delay.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I think there should be no delay at all for when the you try to do something, but the mud says no.
Such as in the kill and mercy situation.
The kick and Mercy
Bash and them already bashed.
So on..
ETC...
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime