stupid new board looking

Started by theebie, January 25, 2008, 10:32:46 AM

i'm sorry, but i dont like it at all.

please someone tell me what i must do, so i can have the old look again ? (if thats possible) or how i can at least see a difference between sticky and normal notes

regards, theebie

I swear you people are way behind the times. I've been going to boards with this style for YEARS. It's professional, clean, sleek and functional. If you had your way we would still be using those ugly forums that are just a whole bunch of links in a line going down the page for each topic. Ugh how I hate those...

Try the white look. It is awefully close to the old look.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Actually, I'm still a fan of the nested linked threads system.

If the nesting were handled in such a way that you could see multiple threads/nest levels at the same time, it would be easier to browse.  However, the old skool system was very neat (orderly), because you could see exactly to whom people were replying, and you could follow the logical flow of argument and counterargument.

On the current boards, the discussion is more like a huge clusterfuck...you can't tell who's responding to what half the time, and there's no logical structure to the posts, because they're only ordered temporally.
Quote from: WarriorPoet
I play this game to pretend to chop muthafuckaz up with bone swords.
Quote from: SmuzI come to the GDB to roleplay being deep and wise.
Quote from: VanthSynthesis, you scare me a little bit.

Huh? It's weird because things seem the exact opposite for me.

I don't even remember the old forum. I'm perfectly happy with this one now.
"When I was a fighting man, the kettle-drums they beat;
The people scattered gold-dust before my horse's feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."

Quote from: theebie on January 25, 2008, 10:32:46 AM
please someone tell me what i must do, so i can have the old look again ? (if thats possible) or how i can at least see a difference between sticky and normal notes

Go to the "Profile" link and click on "Look and Layout Preferences."  I think that takes you to a page of different layout choices.  Like 7DV said, the White one is the theme that looks most like the old GDB.  (I dunno, I use a different one.)
Quote from: manonfire on November 04, 2013, 08:11:36 AM
The secret to great RP is having the balls to be weird and the brains to make it eloquent.

I don't know how many whites there are, but I most like simple white (or is it simply white?)
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."