Force feed

Started by amish overlord, January 13, 2008, 04:05:17 AM

Is there a way to force feed someone something, be it bad or even good?

Amish Overlord  8)
i hao I am a sid and karma farmer! Send PM for details!

Not without staff intervention.

Seeker
Sitting in your comfort,
You don't believe I'm real,
But you cannot buy protection
from the way that I feel.

I'd personally like this implemented. A lot of things, good and bad, could stem from it.

I just pictured someone running up to you and stuffing a poisoned roll in your mouth....

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 13, 2008, 04:25:10 PM
I just pictured someone running up to you and stuffing a poisoned roll in your mouth....

Hmm. How about a 'nosave forcefeed' being implemented along with this?

Quote from: Qzzrbl on January 13, 2008, 04:25:10 PM
To an extent, it's realistic. It gets twinkish when people just stuff food into peoples' mouths for no reason.

If you can only be forcefed when you are subdued or when you are starving, twinkiness won't be a problem.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Quote from: The7DeadlyVenomz on January 13, 2008, 05:56:15 PM
If you can only be forcefed when you are subdued or when you are starving, twinkiness won't be a problem.

Subdue the starving person.

Hah.
Wynning since October 25, 2008.

Quote from: Ami on November 23, 2010, 03:40:39 PM
>craft newbie into good player

You accidentally snap newbie into useless pieces.

Discord:The7DeadlyVenomz#3870

Or poisoned

oh

And subdued.

Poisoned and subdued.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

I'd rather that anybody can do anything to people who are from -10 to 0.

Including force feeding them and stealing from them.
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

Quote from: mansa on January 13, 2008, 09:36:08 PM
I'd rather that anybody can do anything to people who are from -10 to 0.

Including force feeding them and stealing from them.
>play soccer body
You kicked the body of the poor, dead guy at the strong, athletic man as you both begin to play soccer.

>bake bread body
You knead the body of the poor, dead guy into a soft hunk of dough, and set it on the bone grill.

>observe stars body
You bore a hole in the body of the poor, dead guy to make a telescope, fixing a glass orb on the widest end.
>point telescope Jihae
Jihea's beautiful red surface blends smoothly with the large amounts of blood inside your telescope.
>junk telescope
You discard you man-made telescope.

Would it be useful...Sure.

But you know why we put tubes down peoples throats INL who are unconsous?
Because "forcefeeding" In any other manner does not work.

With near 80% chance that the patient will asperate the object on each attempt.
You know what happened if you get more then about a teaspoon of matter in your lungs? You die. Nah, I do not need "helpful" People killing my PC in that manner if he is KO'd or something, his odds on recovery are much better without.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

How hilarious it would be if this was coded...

but in such a realistic way, anytime you forcefeed someone unconcious they choke and die.

I would send love letters to the imm who would implement this.
some of my posts are serious stuff

Quote from: X-D on January 14, 2008, 12:13:59 AM
You know what happened if you get more then about a teaspoon of matter in your lungs? You die.

Well you don't actually die like keel over - but will likely develop a pneumonia and that infection may well kill you.

I was with Kul on that trip.

Quote from: Dusky on January 14, 2008, 10:25:20 AM
You know what happened if you get more then about a teaspoon of matter in your lungs? You die.

Well you don't actually die like keel over - but will likely develop a pneumonia and that infection may well kill you.

Don't encourage the staff, Dusky. ;D
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Would it be useful...Sure.

But you know why we put tubes down peoples throats INL who are unconsous?
Because "forcefeeding" In any other manner does not work.

With near 80% chance that the patient will asperate the object on each attempt.
You know what happened if you get more then about a teaspoon of matter in your lungs? You die. Nah, I do not need "helpful" People killing my PC in that manner if he is KO'd or something, his odds on recovery are much better without.

I think the forcefeed command should break realism, simply for the fact that we're playing a video game, and should be given more leeway for survival of the characters.

Does this make the game less harsh?  No!  Why not?  Because you can already wish up to forcefeed someone and the immortals will respond with, 'Okay!'.  I know, because I've done it with many characters.

If you can wish up and do it, why not remove the whole process of wishing up and just have it automated?

If there was a coded command to force feed people food and liquids while they were either at -10 to 0, and if they were in a 'subdued' situation... I'm sure it would make the game a lot more interesting.  This is a way to create a 'checkmate' situation without having to actually kill someone, or have them locked in your estate..
New Players Guide: http://gdb.armageddon.org/index.php/topic,33512.0.html

Quote from: Morgenes on April 01, 2011, 10:33:11 PM
You win Armageddon, congratulations!  Type 'credits', then store your character and make a new one

I might like "forcefeed" better if it were an ability (I don't think skill would be appropriate - think of how many players you would kill) that physician sub-classes received.

Zalanthan humanoids have a nictating epiglottis. Problem solved.

Quote from: Troicha on January 14, 2008, 01:25:14 PM
Zalanthan humanoids have a nictating epiglottis. Problem solved.

LOL!  Or perhaps their epiglottis is positioned in such a way that they can breath just fine while eating.  I think it's funny, but does solve the problem.

Quote from: Dusky on January 14, 2008, 11:41:02 AM
I might like "forcefeed" better if it were an ability (I don't think skill would be appropriate - think of how many players you would kill) that physician sub-classes received.

Physician only? Meh. If I want to have a half-giant hold someone down while I pour poisoned wine down their throat, I should be able to.
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Quote from: Mood on January 14, 2008, 11:27:59 PM
Quote from: Dusky on January 14, 2008, 11:41:02 AM

Physician only? Meh. If I want to have a half-giant hold someone down while I pour poisoned wine down their throat, I should be able to.

Well - how about this:
Physicians can only do it on an unconsious person without killing them.
Failure rate for everyone else - 90%
Forcefeeing someone who is alive - always succeeds because it would be instinctive to avoid asphyxiating. 

QuoteZalanthan humanoids have a nictating epiglottis. Problem solved

Actually that makes the problem worse since defualt when KO'd is to breath. One reason you cannot do mnore then pass out by intentionally holding your breath.

A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

Quote from: X-D on January 15, 2008, 02:34:03 PM
QuoteZalanthan humanoids have a nictating epiglottis. Problem solved

Actually that makes the problem worse since default when KO'd is to breath. One reason you cannot do mnore then pass out by intentionally holding your breath.

This is a simplification of the truth, but one that gets at the heart of what's important, so I'll let it stand. Call it a gas-permeable nictating membrane, then, which makes especial sense with the constant sandstorms and exemplar PCs often lacking proper desert-choking precautions.

emote sticks a large bore IV cannula into %tall antecubital fossa
cannulate tall

Now we can give our -10 to 0's anything we want.
Carpe Diem - Fish of the day

Quote from: Simple on January 16, 2008, 04:26:42 AM
emote sticks a large bore IV cannula into %tall antecubital fossa
cannulate tall

Now we can give our -10 to 0's anything we want.

LOL.  Funny has hell!