Funny Ways to Die?

Started by Cerelum, December 31, 2007, 05:56:46 PM

I died once to some type of sexually transmitted disease from a hooker in the rinth... It was slow and painful and then suddenly, DING

I almost died laughing, I was just glad it was a two day old character.

J-Rod

I had a ranger character once, who died to a Jozhol. Ooopsies. =P
Quote"A lover's spat." He said. "You know how it is. Boy meets girl, girl wants boy dead. An everyday story, really."

I once had a waterskin that had a keyword that was the same as another item.

Well. I dropped the unwanted item and thought I put the skin into my pack. The "You don't have that." message was ignored. A couple hours later. I was very dehydrated and looked through everything on me. Well, it turns out I still had the unwanted item and I didn't have enough energy to escape the scrab of doom. In a fit of desperation, I threw the unwanted item at it and missed.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I had a character once that was nearly crushed by a naked female half-giant.  :-[
Quote from: Fnord on November 27, 2010, 01:55:19 PM
May the fap be with you, always. ;D

Seeing people die to a newbie physician's bandage is pretty funny.

I was hired unofficially by a merchant house. I was out in the desert and their wagon passed by, so naturally, I hopped on to say hi.
The PC's didn't know who I was, thought I was a raider, and killed me. Half-giant OHK ftw. BEEP.
A foreign presence contacts your mind.

I've died to a heart attack, and not by an imm. Actual heart attack code (if there is such a thing) wasn't used, but it was close enough and perfectly reasonable given the circumstances. While perhaps not actually funny, I did find it an interesting alternative to just stabbing me in the eye or vaporizing me with magick, and it was very fitting for the character who did it to do it the way they did.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

Another time, I found these very cool pods that I wanted to get. Well. They were attached to a tree. I tried everything, pick, get, pluck, bite, and then I tried kick.
That tree kicked my fucking ass.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

I once saw someone sitting by the pipes outside Allanak, sipping sewage tea without a care in the world. Didn't die either. I guess that would've been funny if she did.

I had a character who wandered into an encampment in the south.  There was really no warning that it was a place he shouldn't go until suddenly he was gang-banged and stunned.  I was little annoyed at the lack of any sort of warning, but, well, that is how it goes.  Instead of just quitting and dying though, I wished up and asked if any staffers felt like giving my character an 'ending'.  He was after all sitting around stunned at the feat of his killers and they should do SOMETHING to him.  I got an ending.  I can't say anything beyond that for the obvious IC information it would reveal, but I got to die an entertaining way and learned a little about the place I stumbled into.  Dying aside, I was a decent way to go and was happy someone took the time to finish my character an an amusing way.

Quote from: Tomeglow on January 02, 2008, 12:49:55 AM
I once saw someone sitting by the pipes outside Allanak, sipping sewage tea without a care in the world. Didn't die either. I guess that would've been funny if she did.

I tried to drink that crap a ton of times and it said I would rather drink poison, how did they manage?

J-Rod

You can still sip it. Just not drink it.
Quote from: Cutthroat on September 30, 2008, 10:15:55 PM
> forage artifacts

You find a rusty, armed landmine and pick it up.

First character, a pick pocket of course. Tried stealing a gem from around a certain NPC's neck...in Allanak, within the first five hours I had the PC...Without going into details, I suddenly found myself in the middle of the Grey Forest, a nice enough place I thought, then a cute halfling walked in on me, and I was like..."Oh thank God, Frodo is around, it must be safe"...then I was eaten.

Second character, a pick pocket...I didnt know the flee command existed...slowly beat to death by a one legged beggar after trying to steal his bowl.

Telling a family member of House Kurac something like..."Dont smoke tha' fuckin' spice aroun' meh' ya' piece of shi', take it outside"...I was in the tavern in Luir's Outpost...This was a newbie warrior of mine, I was still new to the game myself and wouldnt have known what a family member was even if I had bothered to look at him first....this was the first time I was ever tortured to death, very well played by everyone on the opposing side.

Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.

Wasn't funny then but it's funny now, my first character lived three months and died because I didn't know about stun.

My favorite ranger fell off a cliff and got eaten by a damn tembo.

I had a character get lost and then blame her kank, she kicked it and was done in.

I had a character in the Legions as a recruit decide it wasn't for her the templar sent her on a "mission" without a kank to Luirs.  She got to the span before she ended up battling a magicker, warrior and assassin (all rather long lived), living, making it back to Tuluk and then successfully subdued one of the warriors hired to kill her for trying to quit the Legion's.  Needless to say that made the Templar even more displeased.  *sigh*

One of my characters years ago almost killed a buddy trying to save the guy.
See, the buddy was old...was in some sort of coma and my mage got the idea that a little Ekrosian stimulation might do the trick.
Hit the guy with a low power lightning surge....then nearly beat him to death with a staff when the combat code kicked in.

I just get this hilarious image of my guy banging this poor old dwarf in the head with a stick shouting, "Wake up!  Wake up, DAMN YOU!"
8)

My most amusing, avoidable death for a character was finding a skin full of brown liquid, wondering if it was ale, sipping it "Ugh!  That tasted strange!"
Then puking his guts out.  *sigh*  Was a damned shame.  One of a VERY few times I was laughing hard as I lost a cherished character.
-Naatok the Naughty Monkey

My state of mind an inferno. This mind, which cannot comprehend. A torment to my conscience,
my objectives lost in frozen shades. Engraved, the scars of time, yet never healed.  But still, the spark of hope does never rest.

With one of my first characters I must have shot twenty arrows at this particularly nasty beast. Keep in mind this was also back when you could use a 'get all' and it would immediately attempt to pick up everything on the ground, also offering your opponent a free attack with every single item you try to pick up.

Well, I run in and quickly try to 'get all' but am put into combat first. The screen scrolled so fast I wasn't sure what happened, well, when I scrolled back above the mantis I saw myself picking up an arrow and taking a punch in the face for it several times.

It was pretty funny to picture my poor dwarf running around this guy trying to get his arrows while being pummled to death.
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Quote from: Cerelum on January 03, 2008, 11:52:07 AM
Quote from: Tomeglow on January 02, 2008, 12:49:55 AM

I tried to drink that crap a ton of times and it said I would rather drink poison, how did they manage?

J-Rod
I believe you can fill a container with it, and drink that. I don't recommend it, however.

Quote from: Dan on January 03, 2008, 04:37:54 PM
With one of my first characters I must have shot twenty arrows at this particularly nasty beast. Keep in mind this was also back when you could use a 'get all' and it would immediately attempt to pick up everything on the ground, also offering your opponent a free attack with every single item you try to pick up.

Well, I run in and quickly try to 'get all' but am put into combat first. The screen scrolled so fast I wasn't sure what happened, well, when I scrolled back above the mantis I saw myself picking up an arrow and taking a punch in the face for it several times.

It was pretty funny to picture my poor dwarf running around this guy trying to get his arrows while being pummled to death.

I DID THIS TOO!

Damn that sucked.

But definantly a funny learning experience.
Quote from: James de Monet on April 09, 2015, 01:54:57 AM
My phone now autocorrects "damn" to Dman.
Quote from: deathkamon on November 14, 2015, 12:29:56 AM
The young daughter has been filled.