Come all ye crafters! Buying suggestion....

Started by Qzzrbl, December 24, 2007, 11:37:46 AM

I think one should be able to see if he would be able to craft something into something before buying, perhaps using the 'view' command. Because buying a balls load of things that certainly -look- craftable, only to find that I have to sell them all back (for a quarter of the price, mind you) makes me sad.  :'(

Yes. This has made playing a merchant frustrating on an OOC level.

Crafts are already cryptic enough.

However, this probably will not make it to 1.arm.

Quote from: Adiadochokinesis on December 24, 2007, 11:45:20 AM
Yes. This has made playing a merchant frustrating on an OOC level.

Crafts are already cryptic enough.

However, this probably will not make it to 1.arm.

Would boosting merchant's sell skill be an easy fix?  Or, maybe give the staff a note that those who wish up with Calvish should be granted a return policy?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

Holy crap, I so agree with this.  Being a crafter you'd think you'd be able to look at items and figure out if you could use them via "view".  It's already hard enough to figure out if one item would go with another.  As a crafter your PC should have some knowledge on if one item or another would be useable with their craft.
A staff member sends:
     "Looks like you introduced him to *puts on sunslits* the school of hard Knoxx.  YEEEEAAAAAAH"

It doesn't have to get too specific.... A "You think you could make something from this" while using the 'view' command would suffice.