target question

Started by My 2 sids, December 17, 2007, 10:20:44 PM

I know I should know this, but

Doesn't it normally work that 1st keyword is linked to the most recent thing to enter the room?

Like if you > look man      The code will look at the traveling NPC who just entered the room   rather than the NPC sitting at the bar?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

I believe this is so. 
"In the beginning, the universe was created. This made a lot of people very angry, and has been widely regarded as a bad idea."~D. Adams

I have CDO.  It's like OCD but the letters are in alphabetical order.       Like they should be.

Can any IMMs confirm?
"The Highlord casts a shadow because he does not want to see skin!" -- Boog

<this space for rent>

That's how the standard DIKU code works, and how it has always seemed to work on Armageddon. You can look in the room to see who is "highest"; they will be the first target. Note that if you are higher than another character and you both share the same keyword, targeting that keyword will target yourself.
Telling the Truth Where Others Hush.

Quote from: Throttle on December 17, 2007, 10:47:14 PM
That's how the standard DIKU code works, and how it has always seemed to work on Armageddon. You can look in the room to see who is "highest"; they will be the first target. Note that if you are higher than another character and you both share the same keyword, targeting that keyword will target yourself.

Which i so damn annoying when trying to '>l figure' Before they disappear, or run off. While you are halfway into reading your own mdesc thinking 'What the hell? Is this my twin?'.