Follow lag

Started by UnderSeven, December 14, 2007, 11:25:00 PM

I know this is a real dead horse, but I hate to bring it up, it still seems to be an issue.

I've twice now followed into a bad situation due to this where it was not quite enough lag to make me lag behind, but enough that in three or four rooms of them walking I could not get a follow self in.

We have the stop command now which is great for killing parsed commands, it would be nice if we could, even though lagged, at least stop following imidiately rather than find ourselves led someplace we would not want to be and realistically our characters would never allow themselves to be taken, especially if the player has enough forsight to type 'follow self' well inadvance of said destination.

Does "flee self" not work in this situation? The other option is to say something OOCly and ask the person to stop so you can stop following them.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Flee self might, I hanv't tried, it would be a potientally fatal duct tape solution to use though and ooc might work if they didn't speed walk, if they arn't leading you someplce you don't want on purpose and if you arn't trying to be sneaky about following them to begin with.  In other words, I don't think it really works as a solution