Re: Difference between Men & Women

Started by Lizzie, December 09, 2007, 09:00:50 AM

From ask the Staff, Inix wants to know if there's a coded difference in stats between the genders.

No, there isn't. Men and women both have the same capacities, and a "very good" for one is equal to a "very good" for the other.

The differences between the genders are in the RP, preferences for certain clothing...if there's a choice between a blouse and a shirt and other than the name they are exactly alike, men will be less likely to pick the blouse. It's a real-world bias. Virtual physiology - men in Armageddon still can't get pregnant and their "boys" are still popping out in the usual place while womens' sex organs are still usually tucked in nice and neat.

I think I read somewhere that there's a difference in the "max height" you can pick during chargen. I don't remember if that's a fact or someone asking or someone saying it should be that way, though.
Talia said: Notice to all: Do not mess with Lizzie's GDB. She will cut you.
Delirium said: Notice to all: do not mess with Lizzie's soap. She will cut you.

Women can't write in the snow.
Lunch makes me happy.

thank you!  ;D
A horde of Inix turn and stampede straight at you....KRATH!

Women do have a natural tendency to be mindbenders.
Quote from: Shoka Windrunner on April 16, 2008, 10:34:00 AM
Arm is evil.  And I love it.  It's like the softest, cuddliest, happy smelling teddy bear in the world, except it is stuffed with meth needles that inject you everytime

No man on Zalanthas can write in the snow either.

I personally don't recall anything about height, and I would find it rather odd.  I mean, there are tall women in the real world, right?
Any questions, comments, or condemnations to an eternity of fiery torment?

Waving a hammer, the irate, seething crafter says, in rage-accented sirihish :
"Be impressed.  Now!"

Quote from: Dalmeth on December 09, 2007, 10:42:10 AM
No man on Zalanthas can write in the snow either.

I knew someone would point this out. Stickler.

Women can't write in the sand either.
Lunch makes me happy.

Answered this in the wrong place. Teaches me to read the forums first thing in the morning.

http://www.zalanthas.org/gdb/index.php/topic,28892.0.html

Sometimes I think I'd like to see a bit more social differentiation in-game, but I'm quite happy with the sexes' stats being the same.

If we were modeling real life, a female combat PC would be almost unplayable unless she had "absolutely incredible" strength.
The sword is sharp, the spear is long,
The arrow swift, the Gate is strong.
The heart is bold that looks on gold;
The dwarves no more shall suffer wrong.

Quote from: Maybe42or54 on December 09, 2007, 10:37:59 AM

All female players get to choose two full guilds, one of which is mindbender. Male players, even if they're playing female characters, don't get this option. Sorry, guys. I think it's just the staff's way to encourage more female players.
Quote from: Vanth on February 13, 2008, 05:27:50 PM
I'm gonna go all Gimfalisette on you guys and lay down some numbers.

Quote from: Gimfalisette on December 09, 2007, 01:52:11 PM
Quote from: Maybe42or54 on December 09, 2007, 10:37:59 AM

All female players get to choose two full guilds, one of which is mindbender. Male players, even if they're playing female characters, don't get this option. Sorry, guys. I think it's just the staff's way to encourage more female players.

This is patently untrue.

'tis rather the staff's way of making IG allowances for realism without resorting to sexism.

I've known women who could write in the snow...and larger letters...from MUCH farther away.

Don't challenge a woman to a pissing contest if its  distance...I'll tell you that.
A gaunt, yellow-skinned gith shrieks in fear, and hauls ass.
Lizzie:
If you -want- me to think that your character is a hybrid of a black kryl and a white push-broom shaped like a penis, then you've done a great job

I can piss holes in the snow.
A rusty brown kank explodes into little bits.

Someone says, out of character:
     "I had to fix something in this zone.. YOU WEREN'T HERE 2 minutes ago :)"

men are more different than women
some of my posts are serious stuff

But not more equal.
Varak:You tell the mangy, pointy-eared gortok, in sirihish: "What, girl? You say the sorceror-king has fallen down the well?"
Ghardoan:A pitiful voice rises from the well below, "I've fallen and I can't get up..."

Quote from: Winterless on December 09, 2007, 12:20:13 PM
Quote from: Salt Merchant on December 09, 2007, 10:28:57 AM
Women can't write in the snow.

Yes we can... it just takes a little more... patience.

And a funnel?
Quote from: H. L.  MenckenEvery normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.

Principal Skinner: Am I wearing women's clothes? I didn't notice. When I look in my closet, I don't see male clothes or female clothes, they're all the same.
Edna Krabappel: Are you saying that men and women are identical?
Skinner: Oh, no, of course not! Women are unique in every way.
Other lady: Now he's saying women and men aren't equal!
Skinner: No, no, no! It's the differences...of which there are none, that make the sameness...exceptional! Just tell me what to say!

The Simpsons holds all the wisdom.